Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Watford (H) 25 Nov - Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

They would and if you don’t think they wouldn’t you’re delusional.

So you think they’d get pumped by 

Burnley

Sheff utd

Luton

Forest

Everton

Bournemouth

wolves 

Brentford

Brighton

Palace

obviously some of them will be relegated to be replaced by poorer sides that currently reside in the championship 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I mean first half we struggled to create anything and the best chance for either side was the big lump up top for them having an airshot 

Not true - our chance from the quickly taken free kick was closer than the airshot, arguably kdh's freekick with the keeper rooted to the spot was better -  but the best chance by a mile was mcateer's header.

1 minute ago, Mee-9 said:

They would and if you don’t think they wouldn’t you’re delusional.

Its a pointless argument at this stage. We are trying to to get out of this league and we have 2 windows and a lot of time and development before its a consideration. If promoted, anyone who doesn't think that first season back is going to be seriously hard needs their heads checked. That season will be about survival and if we do that we can build from there.

I don't get all these arguments about total football etc. We beat a terrible team today, but a terrible team that had a relatively decent run of recent results. The stats that matter (points, goal difference, goal conceded) show us top of everything. We are 2nd in the table for goals scored, even though it looked today that we had a ridiculous number of chances.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Probably just as well Vardy didn’t start !

Might have got 4/5.

Loves playing us - mind you anyone of his ability would .

Obviously our keeper was still suffering a bit from the concussion he had a few weeks ago .

Shame you didn't have a sub left when your keeper got the red. I'd like to have seen Ben Hamer. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Found that abit of a struggle at times, certainly the first half, second half we were abit more expansive, still couldn't see where a winner was actually come from, but duly, we got the winner!

Trouble is, 1st half seemed a drag but if one of the ELEVEN shots we had in the first half had gone in, no one would even have noticed that it was slow going.

As a way of creating chances against teams that sit deep it's a brilliant system, but there's no accounting for substandard shooting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Slow and ponderous first half, lucky to not concede their early chance, almost up there with Vardy’s missed chances. Improved up to half time then stepped it up second half. Good results with those behind dropping points. Back it up at Hillsborough on Wednesday before a tricky test against the Baggies next weekend 

Hardly lucky, even if he'd actually managed to have a shot, Faes was standing right in front of him - it was barely even a chance, more like the opportunity for a chance....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Burnley

Sheff utd

Luton

Forest

Everton

Bournemouth

wolves 

Brentford

Brighton

Palace

obviously some of them will be relegated to be replaced by poorer sides that currently reside in the championship 

Wolves, Palace, Brentford and Brighton all have brilliant quality, the latter two are easily upper 8 sides in that league and could rip into us. Wolves and Palace are both filled with quality players. Forest are no push overs by any means, and Bournemouth did beat a very good Newcastle side.

We're currently too open, we'd be cut into

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

For sure, credit is due for that. We had 23 shots (8 on target, 2 Sky classed as clear cut) today. 

Compare that to:

- 12 (4 on target, 2 clear cut) Vs Boro, 

- 11 (6 on target, 1 clear cut) vs Leeds

- 16 (5 on target, 1 clear cut) Vs QPR

So we've clearly had more shots, so inferred we've made more opportunities. I'm hoping the break and return to fitness of numerous of our attacking players will see us create more. 

The worrying thing for me is for those 23 shots on target across 4 games we've had 4 goals. For the quality we have that just isn't good enough. I'm hoping this will improve with time however, but it's what has let us down in our 3 losses so far.

I totally agree. Our strikers and general finishing has been piss poor this season. Very disappointing.

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

We gotta cut out this sparring match we seem to have with teams in the first half. Playing at 30 %. 

I'd prefer us to go out harder every now and then and try to win the game early. We have the talent to do so. 

But the thing is, when teams sit as deep as watford did, there's not much else you can do.  Besides we didn't need to go at them any harder - even at 30% we created 11 shots in the first half - there were more than enough possibilities to 'win the game early' - you can't blame the tactics for poor finishing.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Might be reading too much into it but looked like maybe he’s had a tough couple of weeks. Flying in to tackle, kicking the ball away, desperate the score. 

As I always say they’re all humans and have family stuff to deal with. 

Great to see him score after those two sitters though! 

No matter what, he’s 10,000x the person, player, attitude….god knows what else that Nacho is. I’m utterly sick of him. He’s an absolute waste of space and we need to cut the cord. 

...Vardy needs ti go back to Mr angry!!!

After punching himself in the face, his demeanour changed, he has calmed down a lot on the pitch, but that change takes away a part of who he is.

I believe Nacho is playing in a system that should be made for him, yet being asked to play in a way that he is uncomfortable with. I saw it in pre-season, he was all over the place, nowhere near where he should be within our play.

17 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Burnley

Sheff utd

Luton

Forest

Everton

Bournemouth

wolves 

Brentford

Brighton

Palace

Without a doubt.

Even Luton would have us. 

1 minute ago, Mee-9 said:

Without a doubt.

Even Luton would have us. 

We’d be pretty evenly matched with the top three in that list in my opinion.

The next three are better than us, but not much.

The rest are definitely better at the moment.

The current squad would have a pretty horrible time in the PL, but why worry about that now….

We will have out of contract players leaving and a competent manager who will know that strengthening is absolutely crucial.

It’s just whether we can get the recruitment right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I thought Nacho's performance was bordering on disgraceful today. Barely looked interested and his first touch was atrocious on the rare occasions he stayed onside

I'm bemused by Nacho. I always thought he was a solid pro who tried hard. But some games was just off it. However this season he hasn't got out of third gear ever. Just going through the motions and no more. Bored of him to be honest. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Hardly lucky, even if he'd actually managed to have a shot, Faes was standing right in front of him - it was barely even a chance, more like the opportunity for a chance....

Maybe so, but a decent contact on it and it’s a good chance of finding the net. At the very least it should have been a shot on target. A top flight striker sticks that away. The sort of chance you don’t always get punished by at this level thankfully 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Amazing how supporters,,repeatedly,week after week,mention how lucky we were

when oppo A,B or C didn’t score first from their  great chance(s),but conveniently

forget how lucky the oppo have been ,in not conceding against our own chances..

Absolute silly useless argument..!!

Of course the opposition never have great chances either do they... 🤔

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We are supposedly runaway leaders and again limped  strolled past a very very poor Watford side. This isn't comfortable as so many suggest but another rather uncomfortable lesson in struggling to adjust to a a slow boring methodology of winning football matches.

I'm not looking to take anyone's enjoyment of points on the board but doesn't feel enjoyable rocking up week in week out. Sat here today "again" with people bored ot their skin. Hopefully the system will adjust to something more amenable as I can't see any future for us limping  strolling past weak sides fortuitously. 

Fixed that for you - seriously, what do you expect when teams set up like this:

fgnxfgnxfgn.jpg.71efbb0bac6ae4c347d0e2403754ab44.jpg

I'm not sure what passes as comfortable for you, and i'm not sure how this was an exercise in 'adjusting' to anything - we've played like this and dominated teams like this pretty much every game since day 1.

If you are bored by us taking a shot on average every fourth minute then i've no sympathy for your wasted money - as enzo says: if you don't like it go and support Leeds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I'm not sure what passes as comfortable for you, and i'm not sure how this was an exercise in 'adjusting' to anything - we've played like this and dominated teams like this pretty much every game since day 1.

If you are bored by us taking a shot on average every fourth minute then i've no sympathy for your wasted money - as enzo says: if you don't like it go and support Leeds.

Looks like Mr Burns (in profile looking from right to left) in that episode where Homer thinks he’s an alien 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Maybe so, but a decent contact on it and it’s a good chance of finding the net. At the very least it should have been a shot on target. A top flight striker sticks that away. The sort of chance you don’t always get punished by at this level thankfully 

That's just fantasy - it's so far from being a goal it's almost not worth mentioning - he didn't get any contact on it, let alone good contact and he still has to get it past faes and mads.

Even if he did connect, and it was a decent shot and it gets past faes and mads isn't able to make a save and they score - i genuinely don't believe it would have made the slightest bit of difference, other than give us a kick up the arse - we'd have played the same way, created the same amount of chances and in all probability have scored the same goals.

5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

If you seriously enjoy watching this week in week out then fantastic 👏

80% of what you witness is passing sideways and backwards around the likes of a sub standard Watford. It's borderline a training session feeling most weeks. 

As I day, maybe the groan amongst supporters and concourse doesn't carry to where you sit, or may be you watch the score appear on Sky, who knows. But this ain't pretty to watch by any stretch. 

• Like 2