Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Wednesday (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

We are top of the league with a ridiculous amount of points this early on, yet we just aren't entertaining.  Watching our games is awful.  We tend to win by just raising our game enough to beat what's in front of us.  We've looked sloppy for about 7 or 8 games now.

I like Enzo but I agree. We’re a tough watch 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

I’m absolutely staggered by your assessment of the game. Is all I can say. They have NOT been the better side at all.

Football is a game of opinions. Both teams have been absolutely doggo but they should be ahead. We've had lots of possession but done nothing with it. 

They should have scored at least 2 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

This playing out from the back gives us more problems than the actual opposition do from creating anything. Mix it up go long to the wide players. 

It's interesting you say that. I think we've gone long more that half than most of the season.

The biggest issue with our style of play is the 8s.

Total lack of quality, Casadei and Yunus have been poor, unable to beat a man, take the ball on the half turn or break the lines with a 3rd man run.

Add to that Vardy's link up has been dreadful and coming short just compressing the 8s space.

Vardy and Nacho have stunk the place out in terms of overall play last month or so.

Edited by coolhandfox

Faes looks uncomfortable on the left, Casadei passing everything backwards and not in the game, Vardy can’t keep any kind of possession and both of our wingers are being scruffy with the ball. Even Winksy looks a bit off it, he’s struggling with their press. I don’t think Enzo can be happy with that 45 and I expect him to make a change or 2 at half time or not long after. 

Just now, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Football is a game of opinions. Both teams have been absolutely doggo but they should be ahead. We've had lots of possession but done nothing with it. 

They should have scored at least 2 

They definitely should, but I don't think they've been the better team. They're just playing better than I think we expected for a side bottom of the league. Credit to them for that.

3 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I genuinely think the way we play is fascinating. But then again I love chess and Maresca wrote a thesis on the similarities between chess and football. 

I understand what you are saying, ButWe've got to perform better than we are tonight. Or the good teams will pick us off, Especially now that were struggling to score.

Just now, CloudFox said:

It's interesting you say that. I think we've gone long more that half than most of the season.

It's kind of been both, pissed about for a bit then launch it over the top, for mainly Fatawu. 

Casadei, Vardy and yunus constantly shuttle running from side to side but either ignored whilst we go backwards and bypassed as we go over the top.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

I thought id never have to say this, but at times our backward play is worse than Puel and Rodgers. I don't get why that is the only system Enzo seems to want to play, for me it's only a matter of time before we are sussed out. We won't be able to play that way in the Premier else we'll just be hammered every week, we only get away with it in Championship as the standard of the opposition is so bad half of the time. We seem to be going through an phase of games where we seem to  make things more complicated than they need to be.

I haven't said this on FT as far as I remember, but I think we are showing striking similarities between Enzo/Puel. But the squad we are attempting it with now are just nowhere near the level we had then. 
And I hate to say it but Puels football to me felt like it had more purpose. I appreciate Puel was not trying to "tire teams out" but often we seem to not really understand when the moment is to press the button and attack. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Mavididi? Didn’t he create the goal? 

Im just listening  so not sure but it didn’t sound like he was having a bad game?

He's doing fine. It would be weird to take him off. He's doing some damage down the flank, as is Fatawu.

Casadei isn't really doing anything though, and Yunus has a tendency to drift wide. I'd like to see KDH on for Casadei.

• Like 1

Just now, Clever Fox said:

I understand what you are saying, ButWe've got to perform better than we are tonight. Or the good teams will pick us off, Especially now that were struggling to score.

Which good teams? Take a look at the table and let us know which good teams are going to pick us off.