Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Wednesday (A) Match Thread

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's the kind of line-up you put out when you've got another game in just over 60 hours time.

Feck me this is the championship and half of them just had two weeks off! Can't manage 3 games in a week boo hoo. It's the kind of line up that might lose us 3pts against a cack team, that's what it is.

Edited by squidsworth

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Yunus is too attacking to be paired with Casadei who seems to be nowhere. 

Yea I'd like wilf on.. he won't make a change until 60mins. If we can get a 2nd early doors then just see it out and save the players for Saturday 

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

Maresca out! 🤦🏻‍♂️

No, it just Ridiculous that we can be romping away with it when at time we are not very convincing, but that probably down to the simple fact we have a quality of side that is way ahead of most of the league 

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I know I'm looking too far ahead and likely overconcerned when we are not even up yet, but not only do we need a rebuild to replace players who are clearly not good enough, which I think with the step up will be quite a few, but we also will effectively be going into the season tactically blind, because we won't be playing anything like the style of football we have done this season where we command the ball and control the tempo all match, I'm hoping the fundamentals can be transferrable into a new system, but when we go up I think we could easily need half a squad and a very different tactical approach to learn also. 

But I know, I'm well ahead of myself here!

It depends on who we bring in.

We've got so many people out of contract again or surplus to requirements still. 

Saying that, the aim will always to remain a Premier League team in year 1. The reality is, we’ve fallen from our previous place in the pyramid.

Harmensan, Faes, Ricardo, KDH, Mavadidi, Fatawu, Coady, Winks, McAteer, Cannon, Stolarkzyk, Justin and Choudhury will most likely be here next season. That leaves nearly 10 squad places we’ll need to fill from new players, or potentially re-sign (Ndidi or Vestergaard). Those signings need to first team players though, improving the starting XI. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I haven't said this on FT as far as I remember, but I think we are showing striking similarities between Enzo/Puel. But the squad we are attempting it with now are just nowhere near the level we had then. 
And I hate to say it but Puels football to me felt like it had more purpose. I appreciate Puel was not trying to "tire teams out" but often we seem to not really understand when the moment is to press the button and attack. 

100%

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Not impressed by Coady at all.  Perhaps he should lay off the radio stations and concentrate on the game.

He's been shockingly average since arriving, really strange as he's the best defender in the club based on experience and proven ability in the top flight, had a difficult season at Everton but so did everyone, I was not expecting him to be so average at this level but I wonder if the system just doesn't suit him, or if he has not settled? He's miles better than this, well, he should be.

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I haven't said this on FT as far as I remember, but I think we are showing striking similarities between Enzo/Puel. But the squad we are attempting it with now are just nowhere near the level we had then. 
And I hate to say it but Puels football to me felt like it had more purpose. I appreciate Puel was not trying to "tire teams out" but often we seem to not really understand when the moment is to press the button and attack. 

But with both they seem to over do it 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

He's doing fine. It would be weird to take him off. He's doing some damage down the flank, as is Fatawu.

Casadei isn't really doing anything though, and Yunus has a tendency to drift wide. I'd like to see KDH on for Casadei.

Sounds like vardy isn’t effecting the game again.  

I’m really starting to believe neither him or nacho are suited to this system 

Just now, weller54 said:

Baggies will beat us at the weekend!!

They’re too erratic. They have some good players and are capable, however if we move through the gears, we beat them. 

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

We're soon at halfway through the season.  We're supposed to be thrashing someone at some point, may as well be tonight.

Enzoball & system, doesn't set up for 5 or 6-0 thrashings..

This will be a 0-1 or 0-2 win.. 

We also don't use Mavadidi when he has some great space to run into missed 3-4 opportunities to give his legs a chance.. GOAL came from SM being given air.. 

Fatawu also needs to get a few times down the bye line, instead of always cutting back.. 

Agun & Fatawu could be such a great pairing.. but we don't play for it.. 

We have tried tonight to be close & clever, with our late passes.. 

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Not impressed by Coady at all.  Perhaps he should lay off the radio stations and concentrate on the game.

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The biggest issue with our style of play is the 8s.

Total lack of quality, Casadei and Yunus have been poor, unable to beat a man, take the ball on the half turn or break the lines with a 3rd man run.

Add to that total Vardy link up has been dreadful and coming short just compressing the 8s space.

Coady looks like he hasn’t played in months as does Casadei. We look ponderous and sloppy in possession. I expect Enzo to sort it out early in the second half otherwise changes will be made. Can’t afford to lose this one. Or draw. 

• Like 1

Pretty dreadful stuff this, our performances are regressing, we’re lacking composure, intensity and creativity. We’re winning this game because of our quality. 

If this continues, we could have issues. 

Edited by Pliskin