Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Wednesday post match

To the one poster who is most likely related to Enzo and seriously defending the past half dozen games.

Here is my answer to your “what other plans”.

Variation, make the opposition think. We’re so predictable with zero width other than our wingers, who more often than not are receiving the ball with their back towards goal.

Drop Ricky P back into a back 4 meaning our FB’s can overlap (happy that even go lopsided and focus on one side if being cautious).

With our current set up, we could easily play a 10 minute period as follows -

Mads

Ricky P, Faes, Vesty, JJ

Winks, Ndidi

Fatawu, KDH, Stephy

Vardy

Or drop KDH to a more traditional 433 and play the wingers almost a yard a side off Vardy and give the opposition something to think about.

How many times over the years have pundits highlighted how close a well functioned/successful team have their forward players within a few yards of each other, all whilst we’re playing too safe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

An absolute shambles tonight. No getting away from that. Too many players rocking a 4/10 performance and at times. Choudhury coming on had the opposite effect of shutting up shop as well. 

...it was a strange substitution as Ricardo was not injured and it was so late in the game!!!

We are looking for what we did not have last season and that was a leader on the pitch who could galvanise the players, and wake them up. We, on two occasions, should have conceded in the first 10 minutes and we did not seem to learn from those moments. We always seem to have a loose moment that would let them in, I have my doubts about Coady.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we get pressed and can't handle it, all teams are going to pressure our backline because we have a few mistakes in us every game!!!

Couple that with being poor in the final third and they (the opposition) are gambling that it is worth the risk to press us, than the likelihood of us scoring. Taking off Akgun seemed a bad decision at the time, he has the football brain to get through teams such as these and with KDH coming on with his drive, we would have been much better going forward.

Mavididi and Fatawu are just not clever enough, you just know that there is little improvement that will be forthcoming. Has McAteer had his instincts coached out of him?

The only bad thing about the decision to take off Akgun was that it didn't come until the 60th minute. His performance in CM tonight made me look back fondly on Junior Lewis. 

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it was a strange substitution as Ricardo was not injured and it was so late in the game!!!

We are looking for what we did not have last season and that was a leader on the pitch who could galvanise the players, and wake them up. We, on two occasions, should have conceded in the first 10 minutes and we did not seem to learn from those moments. We always seem to have a loose moment that would let them in, I have my doubts about Coady.

Coady looks stiff, creaky and one paced if I’m being honest. Doesn’t look that comfortable on the ball compared to Faes and Vestergaard - or even Souttar. 

• Like 3

Yunus had never played ın CM before ın his 23 Years old life and you are pushing hım playing ın there with Casadei. Casadei had been bad and you know that and being them partners the worst thing.... Just stop it Enzo. Again this lad is 23 YEARS OLD. How can you switch his position?He is already an good forward so use hım like that. And fot Casedei call him to your office. You need an talk witj him...... 

5 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Coady looks stiff, creaky and one paced if I’m being honest. Doesn’t look that comfortable on the ball compared to Faes and Vestergaard - or even Souttar. 

I thought the signing was quality and his pre-season “in game leadership” only made me certain that I was right.

Sadly, he’s looking to be a very expensive cheerleader, I hope that I’m wrong now and just needs a run of games but hardly a good time for that to be needed.

37 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

To the one poster who is most likely related to Enzo and seriously defending the past half dozen games.

Here is my answer to your “what other plans”.

Variation, make the opposition think. We’re so predictable with zero width other than our wingers, who more often than not are receiving the ball with their back towards goal.

Drop Ricky P back into a back 4 meaning our FB’s can overlap (happy that even go lopsided and focus on one side if being cautious).

With our current set up, we could easily play a 10 minute period as follows -

Mads

Ricky P, Faes, Vesty, JJ

Winks, Ndidi

Fatawu, KDH, Stephy

Vardy

Or drop KDH to a more traditional 433 and play the wingers almost a yard a side off Vardy and give the opposition something to think about.

How many times over the years have pundits highlighted how close a well functioned/successful team have their forward players within a few yards of each other, all whilst we’re playing too safe.

Back to the system we played under Rogers...interesting 

Travelling back still.

Waste of a day.

Boring, ponderous  nonchalant  display.

Lucky we didnt lose as they had 3 decent chances.

So much boring tappy tappy boĺlox with no offense and end product.

Sh1te and so so tedious to watch.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Back to the system we played under Rogers...interesting 

Which for the first 2 seasons also saw us play some of the best football that I’ve ever witnessed us play as a club.

Merely pointing out that Enzo CAN mix things up with the current players at his disposal.

30 minutes ago, Delphine said:

Yunus had never played ın CM before ın his 23 Years old life and you are pushing hım playing ın there with Casadei. Casadei had been bad and you know that and being them partners the worst thing.... Just stop it Enzo. Again this lad is 23 YEARS OLD. How can you switch his position?He is already an good forward so use hım like that. And fot Casedei call him to your office. You need an talk witj him...... 

...it would not surprise me if Casadei goes back in the January window!!!

We need a better #8 to play alongside KDH,  we need someone inventive in that position, it might take a bit of the pressure off the wingers.

Very disappointing. The first time I've been concerned with the tactics of this Enzo side. The increased risk of playing it around the back is supposed to be giving us increased reward with the amount of space we create and therefore chances we get but there's been multiple games in the last few weeks where I haven't seen that. Tonight we were knocking around the back nicely and it times making Wednesday look silly, but none of that play came to anything, especially in the second half where I can't remember the keeper making a notable save. Given all this we should have been good enough to defend the lead and we were very naive in the last moments. Final note, I thought the decision making was very poor tonight; one example being Fatawu who tried to curl one in from 30 yards when we were on the break which resulted in him getting dragged. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Which for the first 2 seasons also saw us play some of the best football that I’ve ever witnessed us play as a club.

Merely pointing out that Enzo CAN mix things up with the current players at his disposal.

Not against the idea but it's not going to happen. He has a clear idea how he wants to play and the formation you've suggested wouldn't give us control as Enzo would see it. Like it or not, Enzo's made it pretty clear this is the way we're playing whilst he's in charge. I've got my doubts about whether it will work but that's the way the club has decided to go

1 hour ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I want to take a bit of reflection and not moan considering we are still on course to beat the league record. we were always going to have a rough patch and honestly think WBA will probably turn us over on Saturday as it’s a good time to play us. 

The football is boring to be honest (even when winning) but points show it’s effective. It’s more frustrating as a fan when you saw after we conceded and we went at them for the last minute we created a clear cut chance. I honestly believe playing like this we will go up, but i think Enzo learns when to play like that and when to go direct we will come rock bottom if we do. 

Again, not moaning about Enzo. He’s a young manager and probably can see this also but knows this will be enough in this league (well i hope so anyway) and he’s not just one dimensional because that’s how it feels a little bit watching us (even if we are winning) 

Though I let off steam earlier,and keep to what I said..

Not even in retrospect, this post pairs with my thoughts…Enzo also is in a learn phase,and rightly is keeping to the strong aspects of the system he believes. He’s nevever hidden from the fact it will be a rough ride and patience is needed..

Like Leeds vs Rotherham,our game to drop points was this one…The ifs,could,maybes,should haves, just doesn’t happen through long periods of the season..

WBA is the next test..I expected him to try positions and certain things out tonight. The squad-spread no matter how frustrated some fans are,is looking ok..intensity & seeing attacking from both players & manager in transition is still not there.

We are failing to grab moments when on top…Maresca should have helped ( maybe he saw but didn’t want to use it) and given

Fatawu & Agun their reins to attack that deep right flank, which Mavadidi does regularly. 
Our defenders have to release the ball quicker,they are holding on just a bit too long,and so sometimes too late for that cross field pass…The more I see the season progress,I see Winks and KDH being with Mavadidi,the ones that push us forward,

We just need those CBs,to interlink quicker..The system is ok,the players with it,no matter the selection are ok,it’s IMO just too slow in transition…and I. believe it’s got slower…Far too much forethought,when the triangles and positions are actually set up,within our movement,but we insist and deliberately dither…

I don’t think yet it’s a deliberate plan from Enzo,it’s something he still has to develope.

So we dropped careless points tonight,frustrating but nothing has yet imploded or collapsed.& yes sometimes we the fan are fickle…and forget the developement & rebuild is still on going. Such as tonight,even M‘brough just seem there were moments

nobody on the field or Enzo picked up on what we the fans thought or think we believe he should be seeing…But sometimes in all sport nomatter the standard of opposition,they are still there  & will be targeting LCFC to give & show their best fight & die filling those gaps just in this one game

Their  G.scorer 38/2 doesn’t bother to make that top run,but this time it’s worth his sweat….This is what we face with different teams every week…

Now it’s upto this evolving team to prove over the full season,it can stand up & hold its own,and fans especially their own should hold that support and not chase the whole week,what could be done better. Get the shit off one chest and take each game as it comes….If Leeds, Sunderland ,Norwich,Hull,M’borough would be using their bragging rights,Foxes & Soton tend to

wobble on the fence..& refuse to believe in the coming of the next football messiah for our club..

I wouldn’t have it any other way..:smile:

Edited by fuchsntf

Arguably the worst performance of the season, considering the opposition. Although Wednesday played well, we're starting to turn up and expect to win straight away. It's bordering on arrogance. 

Didn't make their keeper work enough at all. Vardy should have been pulled off, that's cost us tonight, I think he's a good sub to bring on but no way can he last 90 mins now. What's Cannon got to do to get a game? 

Casadei is dogshit. Honestly forgot he was on the pitch tonight. 

Mavididi got the assist but apart from that I thought he was poor. He never gets subbed off either yet Fatawu does most games. Baffling. 

I'm fine with playing out at the back, but the minute we get heavily pressed we should have the intelligence to go long and get rid, we seem to give a chance every couple of games away like this. It's ridiculous. 

Ndidi has to start on Saturday, as does another striker but Vardy. 

Very tough game coming up, I hope resting players for it will prove to be a good decision, but I'm not confident right now 

Does this feel worryingly similar to last season in the sense that we can all see the wheels coming off well in advance of the general public/media? I felt absolutely resigned to relegation last season watching the first half of the season, we weren’t really in the conversation for relegation broadly until the last few weeks.

Seems like the world has us pegged to break all existing records this season - but watching us, it feels like we’re a long way off the pace and in real danger of getting dragged to the playoffs.

Unacceptable, tactics were crap and the players just thought they could turn up. 

I don’t think we’re half as good as people make out, think we’ve had a bit of luck this season, unless we sort it out ASAP we’ll be getting very close to 3rd. 

4 points from the last 12 is poor, we need to beat WBA on Saturday. However if you’s have offered me 7/9 points from Watford, Sheff Weds and WBA, I’d have taken it. 

We need a couple of reinforcements, there’s 2 or 3 players who don’t deserve to be in the matchday squad. When are we going to give Cannon a chance? 

• Like 1

Such a long journey for a totally shit match.  It was the usual thing - Leicester clearly underestimated Sheffield, who attacked from the start and nearly scored in the first few minutes.  They played a high line that we couldn’t handle, but still managed to defend well too.  But we weren’t worried, because we knew Enzo would address this at half time and change tactics…..or so we thought.  But no, one trick pony Enzo had us playing exactly the same in the second half.  We were lucky to only concede one goal.  It drives me insane that with 2 minutes left at 1-0 up, we piss about passing the ball around the back. Why not just hoof it up the pitch to waste time ?😡. Very frustrating, and entirely our own fault, for not managing to adapt to Sheffield’s style of play.  If we get promoted we have to sack Enzo or we’ll go straight back down, without doubt.

• Haha 2

The only real arrogance and entitlement seems to come from our 'fans'. I'm not sure a front four of old Vardy, young wingers in Mavs and Fatwu and KDH/Ndidi/Akgun is the world beating squad that some of you seem to think. 

Edit: to prove a point, I bet over half the critics on here would take Pearson back right now, no questions. 

Edited by sbfox

2 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Such a long journey for a totally shit match.  It was the usual thing - Leicester clearly underestimated Sheffield, who attacked from the start and nearly scored in the first few minutes.  They played a high line that we couldn’t handle, but still managed to defend well too.  But we weren’t worried, because we knew Enzo would address this at half time and change tactics…..or so we thought.  But no, one trick pony Enzo had us playing exactly the same in the second half.  We were lucky to only concede one goal.  It drives me insane that with 2 minutes left at 1-0 up, we piss about passing the ball around the back. Why not just hoof it up the pitch to waste time ?😡. Very frustrating, and entirely our own fault, for not managing to adapt to Sheffield’s style of play.  If we get promoted we have to sack Enzo or we’ll go straight back down, without doubt.

Brilliant satire mate, really sums up the board tonight. 

What even was the ****ing plan? Try and hold on for a point against a league 1 side? Where was the urgency to kill the game? It was purely going through the motions, like a practice match. So so poor. Worst performance of the season by a mile and definitely getting turned over by West Brom 

• Like 1