Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Wednesday post match

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I absolutely agree.

At the moment the quality in our squad is getting us by, but it’s also being strangled and shoehorned into a style that isn’t suited to all. 

There’s so much pace, and power in this side, yet we’re approaching the game like a bunch of wet flannels. 

It’s baffling that you wouldn’t want to utilise the strength in your team just to play a certain way.

It’s a recipe for disaster, and of Enzo isn’t prepared to try something different, we will sing quicker than the titanic. 

Thought the band played?

• Haha 1

Just now, Simonb said:

One things for sure.. I don't want to see casadei on that squad list again.

Praets back now. If he ain't available stick Albrighton on there.. always offers something..  professional, can see out a game.. cesare is useless

No he doesn’t **** me, it’s not 2017 anymore

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The irony is, we take risks with the ball closer to our goal where mistakes can be punished than we do towards their goal. I'm struggling to get my head around it.

Personally I think somewhere between Enzos ideas and the players implementing them something has been lost in translation. Some of our passing and play is ridiculous and serves zero purpose.

1 minute ago, VictorFox said:

They get the ball forward quickly like I just said….

I watched Ipswich on Saturday and even though they lost, its easy to see why they second, and of course scored a ton more goals today.

Lets see how we do vs West Brom, given its our next game.  Won 4 out of their last 5.

Just now, sbfox said:

But they lost too, so what's the benefit of getting it forward quickly? 

I think he means about attacking intent. Not really hard to work out. I think everyone can take losing but the entertainment factor is not there from us and hasn't been for the majority of the season.

• Like 2

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

Think you went back and edited, because Leicester are on 10 points out of last 6, not 7 points 

The edit was changing last 6 to 5, but it doesnt change anything.

I noticed you was trying to paint it as one bad game, so I reminded you its not one bad game, now you have an issue with me pointing that out for some reason.

What bothers me is that I don’t think this was complacency. I genuinely think teams saw what Leeds did and are just replicating it - result, we lose all composure and make stupid mistakes and then just fall apart.  

The pass pass pass for the freaking sake of it is mind numbing. Sure. Pass pass pass, get it to the side men, bomb on and get the ball into the box. Change it up a bit. Enzo won’t, of course, because he is right, his tactics are right and if you just stick to the plan it will work eventually. Except we’ve all seen this before. Usually we fall off AFTER Christmas. 

It’s not even this result. We’ve been woeful for weeks. We appear to have found the other gear, only it’s reverse. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So we've missed a golden chance to build the lead, we're back where we started.

Well sure. I’m just saying, we built it a bit at the weekend, and with this matchday, it’s shrunk a bit. 

it’s not huge calamity you seemed to be presenting. 

it’s almost as if the season has twists and turns with each round of fixtures or something 

Rotation is obviously important when you have to play 46 games, BUT getting the rotation correct is also very important.  I think Enzo got it seriously wrong this evening with the Team selection, plus Wednesday were for up for this and we clearly were not.  For sure the Fars, Coady and Janick combination was a total car-crash and looked shaky. 2 pts dropped could come back to haunt us…..

Tough game at the weekend and hopefully those rested tonight put in a seriously excellent shift at the weekend.

We must not forget Enzo is also on a learning curve too.  Hopefully he is a quick learner…………

Terrible night all around.  Onwards we go. 

2 minutes ago, Basildon Fox said:

I think he means about attacking intent. Not really hard to work out. I think everyone can take losing but the entertainment factor is not there from us and hasn't been for the majority of the season.

Thats the issue for me, I want to see us pounding the opponents box until we have a comfortable lead, I expect that every game until promotion is secured.

I hope that also explains why I dont like the ball being overplayed as it kills of so many potential moves, and any errors in overplaying it gives the opponents a easy possession steal in our third.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1