Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Wednesday post match

11 minutes ago, Simonb said:

If we played the same shape but changed the system to being more direct.. there would be very little risk for a much higher reward.

We are allowing teams to come on to us and sort their shape out and absorb our space.. literally no reward in the system ATM..  we are dropping points and the points we are getting we are limping towards 

Tippy tappy football. It cannot get any more boring than this style of play.

• Like 3

It amazes me that people try to defend this. 

This has to be one of the poorest championships in a very long time and we’ve only looked convincing in a couple of games at best despite the talent we have in our squad. 

enzoball is boring and in my opinion worse than what Rodger’s and Puel dished up as we are playing against much poorer teams. 

I remember getting hammered after the first pre season game when I said that we looked horrific and didn’t offer much, to be fair that’s been the case in most games this season too. 

Yes the wins are great and let’s not take that away from enzo but with the squad we have  I’d expect any manager to match this. 

if we continue to play as poorly as we are we will get caught and I’m not sure enzo has the tactics nouse to change things and panic will set in.

Edited by Whys it always me
  • Like 2

I want to take a bit of reflection and not moan considering we are still on course to beat the league record. we were always going to have a rough patch and honestly think WBA will probably turn us over on Saturday as it’s a good time to play us. 

The football is boring to be honest (even when winning) but points show it’s effective. It’s more frustrating as a fan when you saw after we conceded and we went at them for the last minute we created a clear cut chance. I honestly believe playing like this we will go up, but i think Enzo learns when to play like that and when to go direct we will come rock bottom if we do. 

Again, not moaning about Enzo. He’s a young manager and probably can see this also but knows this will be enough in this league (well i hope so anyway) and he’s not just one dimensional because that’s how it feels a little bit watching us (even if we are winning) 

Just now, VictorFox said:

Inexcusable given the players we have 

I just feel like we should be playing way better than this. I know some of these players are frustrating but they’re far superior to every squad bar Leeds & Saints and I know that sounds arrogant but it’s the truth. I can’t stand how slow and half arsed everything seems! 

8 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Tippy tappy football. It cannot get any more boring than this style of play.

I don't expect us to win every game and beat every team like old school Barcelona, but when we're lucky to get a point from one of the worst championship teams in years and playing like Barnet it's unacceptable.. boring or not.. its poor 

42 minutes ago, eastendfox said:

No longer looks like a stroll, and on the last few games form we will be caught. Players need to find some form, and we need to find some new ways to score goals. Probably we'll revive, these wobbles happen, but that was pretty concerning stuff from which nobody came out with any credit.

...we get pressed and can't handle it, all teams are going to pressure our backline because we have a few mistakes in us every game!!!

Couple that with being poor in the final third and they (the opposition) are gambling that it is worth the risk to press us, than the likelihood of us scoring. Taking off Akgun seemed a bad decision at the time, he has the football brain to get through teams such as these and with KDH coming on with his drive, we would have been much better going forward.

Mavididi and Fatawu are just not clever enough, you just know that there is little improvement that will be forthcoming. Has McAteer had his instincts coached out of him?

1 minute ago, lcfcell said:

I just feel like we should be playing way better than this. I know some of these players are frustrating but they’re far superior to every squad bar Leeds & Saints and I know that sounds arrogant but it’s the truth. I can’t stand how slow and half arsed everything seems! 

I'm hoping the rot of last season hasn't started again

We had a lot of players last year knowing it was their last season at the club.. we have a few again this year.. hoping its not affecting their fight

4 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

I agree with you, don’t know if it’s the manager or the players but most likely a bit of both. Ultimately it’s up to the manager to get the best out of them 

Edited by VictorFox

9 minutes ago, Silverfox14 said:

Brutal performance today.  If Sheffield were more clinical we wouldn’t even have got one point.

Hard to watch ……have we been sussed?

They had the chances to win 4-1, 1-1 as it turns out was a good result given how the game went.  Which says it all really.

41 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Complacent, no urgency, and probably too many changes. Got away with gifting chances again. Frustrating because Wednesday were woeful and lacked belief, but they got their late hoof into the box and got their luck. West Brom will toy with us if we play like that. Enzo ball is great when it works, but tonight it was a tough watch. 

Spot on. Far to complacent. Unfortunately we got what we deserved. You could see it coming a mile off.

• Like 1

If KDH and N’didi start we win tonight.

Tonights potential 3 points are the same value as Saturdays 3 points

Vardy playing 90 suggests he will be on the bench Saturday

When will Cannon get on the pitch

We did keep the ball well second half, up until the last few minutes

Great store been placed in untried players….Akgun, Fatawu, Mavadidi, Cadasei

Hamza added nothing when he came on

Lost count the number of goalkeeper passes that put our defenders in trouble, and we kept doing it….

Once again Vesty our best player….

-Leicester City have gave a point to bottom of the league

-Galatasaray and Copenhagen have  taken nails

-Galatasaray has to beat Copenhagen ıb their home If We want to qualify fot the round of 16

And this gırl goes to sleep(after a crying session)