Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Wednesday post match

3 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

One thing we did learn last night.

We really struggle without the energy and forward drive of KDH!

I know we conceded with them on but it was much better once Ndidi and KDH on. Should've subbed on another striker for Vardy, it would've killed the game.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

I know we conceded with them on but it was much better once Ndidi and KDH on. Should've subbed on another striker for Vardy, it would've killed the game.

They balance each other so well - both can get up and down the pitch, Wilf adds some bite to the middle as well. 

Yunus and Casadei were awful as a pairing and I hope we don't see them together again.

2 hours ago, Rigga said:

Agreed..

im glad our rebuild is in the championship rather than PL

oppositions  high press will find us out very quickly..

...we play into the hands high press, by attempting to play ourselves out every time!!!

It is only effective if we allow it to be. We can go long, via Vestergaard or Faes hitting diagonal balls out to the wings, we could also go over the top of a press to negate what the opposition is trying to do. If Maresca wishes to prove a point, then he is going about it the right way, it will also erode the confidence of the players that he has worked so hard to instil. He has the right to follow his beliefs but knows there will be consequences adhering to this particular dogma.

• Like 1

I still cannot believe we've served that up against a side so utterly dreadful. It's not like they were even good on the night, they were laughably bad for most of the game and we've not beaten them. An absolute crime of a showing from us.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

We should , and could've blown them away. First time I've started to doubt the process 

Really?

They had the better chances and should have been 3-0 up before we even woke up.

It felt like a loss but in reality we were lucky to get the point based on clear cut chances.

59 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

It had a bad smell of Maresca's tactics on it.

I’m not going to dignify that with a response, because it displays ignorance of my comic talent, I’m just taking this as an opportunity to beg you to change that ****ing avatar. 

10 hours ago, lennybhoy said:

Plan B...Put Souttar upfront ...sometimes football is that simple.We done it for years with Tags ,Walsh and Matt.But when you are Italian and have a fancy name,you have to overthink it.

Good managers adapt to games,I have yet to see Enzo do it

Who let Sean Dyche on here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Yeah but no but yeah. He has a point. Try something different. It doesn’t undermine you, it gives you more dimension. Currently we’re like a cardboard cut out. Obvious and with little depth. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

You joke and that's your prerogative, i'm not even saying that style is right myself, but certain managers have stigmas, rightly or wrongly, get called dinosaurs e.t.c, my question is when does this style (Which let me make clear, put ourselves to one side, i'm talking purely this style, not us per se) get called out for what it is? When is it ok and accepted to criticise, noting it doesn't work for every team and/or all the time?

It's the epitome of football snobbery to hold any other opinion.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

I was trying to think of how much worse it could have got last night, and it was a bad performance, then a Baggies fan work colleague, asked me if there was any chance Danny Ward might be in goal Saturday, it really could have been worse last night.

49 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I’m not going to dignify that with a response, because it displays ignorance of my comic talent, I’m just taking this as an opportunity to beg you to change that ****ing avatar. 

Comic talent :wes:

The only worse person I know that has worn a turban is the tyrant Narendra Modi, who disguise himself as a Sikh for many years, unfortunately it did nothing to stop his tyrant, genocidal ways.........take your pick.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Yeah but no but yeah. He has a point. Try something different. It doesn’t undermine you, it gives you more dimension. Currently we’re like a cardboard cut out. Obvious and with little depth. 

Adding another string to you now yes, but "just stick a CB up front and smash it at him" went the way of the dinosaurs years ago because it's just really ineffective. People remember the odd goal resulting and forget that it's probably the easiest thing for a defence deal with. The sole remaining adherents of it are flat cap wearers in Huddersfield who think even Lancashire is too exotic

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Adding another string to you now yes, but "just stick a CB up front and smash it at him" went the way of the dinosaurs years ago because it's just really ineffective. People remember the odd goal resulting and forget that it's probably the easiest thing for a defence deal with. The sole remaining adherents of it are flat cap wearers in Huddersfield who think even Lancashire is too exotic

Whilst I’d agree normally, Souttar is 6 ft 6 and I’d hazard a guess at winning over 85% of his aerial duals. It wouldn’t be easy for them to deal with at all. 
I think our style of play for the most part is good but when it’s clearly not working like last night it does need switching up, not necessarily by just pumping it long to a big centre half but with his goal scoring record for Australia it must be worth a try 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Whilst I’d agree normally, Souttar is 6 ft 6 and I’d hazard a guess at winning over 85% of his aerial duals. It wouldn’t be easy for them to deal with at all. 
I think our style of play for the most part is good but when it’s clearly not working like last night it does need switching up, not necessarily by just pumping it long to a big centre half but with his goal scoring record for Australia it must be worth a try 

Not always winning the initial header but dealing with the knock-downs is what is easy because it's coming from a pretty static attack and there's less precision on your pass from the head vs by feet. If you're just hitting it to the big man in the mixer you need him to win the header and then your forwards to win the second ball and score in a tightly packed area. It is quite simply a very inefficient style regardless of how tall your big man is