Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Wednesday post match

Got what we deserved. We have good enough players to be finishing teams off with attacking play but we play within ourselves and when it's one goal there is always the chance of that happening. 

I like winning, so you can almost forgive the rest as long as that's happening. But it's poor to watch for the most part. Occasionally we get it right and Will play some good stuff but it doesn't happen enough and if it does its usually around the half time. 

• Like 1

Baffling. Honestly don't know what to say about that. Some nice passages of play followed by absolutely shambolic pinball. 

What exactly are the attacking instructions? Wait until you're 100% sure you can pass it into the net from 1 yard, otherwise blast it from 40 yards with your weak foot? I still trust the Enzo process but that was frustrating.

Wednesday were good for a point so congrats to them and I hope they stay up.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Got what we deserved there. No point playing with urgency in the 93rd minute when we’ve just conceded and there’s only a minute to play. Massive chance missed for 3 points. Jeff Hendrick of all people too 🤢 

We should have gone stronger in midfield and made sure of the win. Casadei wasn’t good enough again. Yunus a bit too lightweight and winks lightly out of kilter. Coady wasn’t up to speed either. Wish we had gone stronger then bought players on to rest. Too sloppy and lacklustre. Two points lost tonight. 

• Like 1

Abysmal performance. How many chances do we want to concede via unforced errors?

I've said it since game 1 our defence has not improved a jot since last season. Even if we go up we likely get slam dunked back down without dramatic changes as the difference in how clinical teams are in the Premier League and Championship is wild. I never remember it being this bad before.

• Like 2

We were quite interesting to watch earlier in the season, but now we’re mostly boring to watch and have lost any ruthlessness we had. Watching us is quite good for the power naps though, managed to get 10-15 minutes and I don’t think I missed anything. 

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Negative tactics. 
Rubbish opposition but we try and see the game out at 1 nil. 
Baffling.  We are  top and doing it. 
Absolutely sickening. 

I can understand in the last 5 mins holding on for the win, but when we are passing about in our own area, kdh and chouduru losing the ball... players giving away silly free kicks..  it baffles me.. keep possession but in their corner flag.. make them make the stupid fouls

I half expect at some point for Enzo to rip off a mask and reveal Brenda underneath.  It's possession football that doesn't seem to have a purpose and the constant pissing around at the back is causing us so many issues.

Results you mostly can't argue with, but our football is absolutely dreadful. 

• Like 4

Cannon?????????? Vardy plays a full 90 why? Yunus and Casadei in midfield?? 

This training session style passing around in our own half is costing us games. Should have won at Boro and should have won tonight that would be 5 more points easily, but we are too casual and nowhere near ruthless enough. Leeds and Ipswich score for fun, we can't even outcreate the bottom team. Embarrassing night and seriously he needs to re-evaluate the way we play. Please try Cannon, be more direct, brave, and stop playing near your own box when being pressed it always leads to an opponent getting a chance. Ipswich and Leeds have took the game away from their opponents tonight. We never go 2 or 3 up in a game is always a late goal of we go 2 up we are never comfortable.

• Like 3

Desperately need some attacking quality in our side.

Our tactics earlier in the season caught some off guard but alot of our squad simply aren't Premier League quality.

McAteer, Mavididi, Fatawu are playing their part this season but are not going to be good enough if they can't kill off teams like Wednesday, who to be fair to them put in a spirited performance.

Vardy is finished, Nacho we know isn't good enough. At this point you give Daka and Cannon a run.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

You can’t sugar coat this performance at all. We’ve lost to a team rooted to the foot of the table, and are absolutely horrendous. I don’t want to hear this “No easy game” bollocks, this lot are dog shit, and they made us looked average. It’s a disgrace, that performance was vile.

No we haven’t