Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Wednesday post match

Pretty damn awful.

Made our own problems, time and time again, it was dare I say it, like watching a game from last season.

Wednesday kept plugging away and credit to them but they didn’t even need to try that hard, we made it easy for them.

The two losses we’ve had I’ve tried putting a positive spin on that it can focus us, give us a kick up the backside, make us realise what we need to do better but it seems we’re not changing, learning and if anything regressing?

Onto the next one - refocus.

Fair play to Wednesday, they'll start picking some points up playing with that intensity. It's becoming clear the blueprint against us isn't the low block, but press us high and block the passing lanes into Winks/Ricardo.

We were garbage. Never won a 50/50 all night, didn't move the ball quickly enough and were just generally not sharp enough all over the field. 

I've not felt it much this season when leading as we've managed those situations well but tonight it felt like Wednesday were going to equalise, such was the encouragement we gave them. The goal we conceded was probably the worst all season as well, we've been pretty solid defending our box all season but that was an appalling goal to concede.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Fvck it, imma say it, and it's not a reaction to this loss.

I'm not a fan of Enzo, and I despise his football. Despite sitting top of the league, can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed watching us, even when we win.

If he's managing us in the Premier League, it will be a massacre.

Basically any number of managers could have us at the top of the table but probably in a more convincing style than Enzo, tonight was painful to watch you could see that Bristol would get a goal simply cause we allowed them into the game and didn't kill it off, very poor indeed 

Edited by southfox66

12 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

2 wins in the last 5. Not good enough even if we are top still.

Enzoball bounce is over, we’re being worked out and we don’t play to win, we play to dominate the ball.

Wheels are going to come off at this rate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sbfox said:

No one is actually saying what they want plan B to look like. Anyone? 

Wouldn’t mind see us helping out very effective wingers with full backs over lapping rather than crowding out the middle of the pitch with inverted players etc. 

Opposition defence don’t like having their backs turned but we play 80% of our game in front of them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

In the previous round of games, the rest of the top 6 dropped points and we were the only team to win so…*shrug* 

Last 5.

Leicester 7 points.

Leeds 13

Saints 13

Ipswich 8

Aside from that the concern for me is how much we struggling, when we win its not convincing, we scrape a 1 goal victory, whilst the other teams seem able to turn in the goals most games.

Edited by Chrysalis

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Enzo has some thinking to do. 

He'll no doubt claim that losing is to be expected and its not normal to ha e done what we've done.

The biggest worry tonight was how poor we were from our own doing. Fine if you take risks and as a result there's occasions you look vulnerable at the back. We managed to show absolutely zero impetus in going forward bar the usual patterns of play and then somehow fail to deal with all types of basic stuff in and around our box.

I'm really concerned after that. I understand all teams, whether far superior at a level can have really disjointed performances and make mistake after mistake but we've seen this starting to creep in. I don't think it's a huge one off, we are being sussed out more and more.

That's up there with some of the most stupid points being thrown away that I can ever think of. Pressure is starting to grow now. We must evolve.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sbfox said:

Every team knows how to play against every other teams. Modern coaching and video tactics sorted that out a decade ago. 

Maybe it's we haven't worked out how to play against the system teams are putting out against us.. or rather, we are being too arrogant in our one dimensional system

I like Enzo, I believe in the system.. but I do believe when you get to 60mins of it isn't working change the shape, not just the player.

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Fair play to Wednesday, they'll start picking some points up playing with that intensity. It's becoming clear the blueprint against us isn't the low block, but press us high and block the passing lanes into Winks/Ricardo.

We were garbage. Never won a 50/50 all night, didn't move the ball quickly enough and were just generally not sharp enough all over the field. 

I've not felt it much this season when leading as we've managed those situations well but tonight it felt like Wednesday were going to equalise, such was the encouragement we gave them. The goal we conceded was probably the worst all season as well, we've been pretty solid defending our box all season but that was an appalling goal to concede.

I thought Wednesday has as little intensity as us! 

Really frustrating. 

We showed no desire to score a second or a third because we had full faith in our ability to keep a clean sheet against them. So did I to be fair. But it was complacent.

Again it would have gone down as a poor watch but another win on the board. 

What happened in the last 5 minutes or so was bizarre. We looked really nervous out of nowhere and it wasn't as though it came from Wednesday's pressure. I don't think Choudhury covered himself in glory. I reckon without that sub we probably hold on. He looked nervous and it seemed to spread through the back line.

We've been quite good at closing games out and hoofing it when needed but tonight we kept giving it away and conceding free kicks.

Literally all we needed to do in that last 5 minutes was play the channels. That's what annoys me more than anything tonight.

Regarding the football - we just desperately need to sign a 10. Maybe time to play Kelechi there until we hopefully bring someone in in January.

1 minute ago, southfox66 said:

Basically any number of managers could have us at the top of the table but probably in a more convincing style than Enzo, tonight was painful to watch you could see that Bristol would get a goal simply cause we allowed them into the game and did kill it off, very poor indeed 

Bristol Wednesday we're right up for it!!

• Haha 1