Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Wednesday post match

First massive red mark against Maresca tonight for team choice. Playing Faes left back, Akgun & Casadei middle of the park. He underestimated them and we were terrible. They could have been 3-0 up in 15mins, and they thoroughly deserved atleast a point. If we don’t win on Saturday, then Maresca’s plan has massively backfired!

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

We could quite easily lose to West Brom next game and all of a sudden our lead to 3rd place could be 5 points.  This could be a mammoth choke. 

This is what's going to happen if we carry on playing this football

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He'll no doubt claim that losing is to be expected and its not normal to ha e done what we've done.

The biggest worry tonight was how poor we were from our own doing. Fine if you take risks and as a result there's occasions you look vulnerable at the back. We managed to show absolutely zero impetus in going forward bar the usual patterns of play and then somehow fail to deal with all types of basic stuff in and around our box.

I'm really concerned after that. I understand all teams, whether far superior at a level can have really disjointed performances and make mistake after mistake but we've seen this starting to creep in. I don't think it's a huge one off, we are being sussed out more and more.

That's up there with some of the most stupid points being thrown away that I can ever think of. Pressure is starting to grow now. We must evolve.

Waiting for the "main thing is we played the way I wanted and we move on".

I think almost all their chances came from mistakes from us overplaying the ball.  Their commentators kept wanting us to keep passing it around as their chances kept coming from it.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Fvck it, imma say it, and it's not a reaction to this loss.

I'm not a fan of Enzo, and I despise his football. Despite sitting top of the league, can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed watching us, even when we win.

If he's managing us in the Premier League, it will be a massacre.

If we do manage to go up under this manager I think we will be next years Burnley and don't see him being here this time next year.. we could have lost or drawn half the games so far this season

and It's such a shit watch....

• Like 1

Complacent, no urgency, and probably too many changes. Got away with gifting chances again. Frustrating because Wednesday were woeful and lacked belief, but they got their late hoof into the box and got their luck. West Brom will toy with us if we play like that. Enzo ball is great when it works, but tonight it was a tough watch. 

I disagreed with those saying that the game on Saturday was boring…

But that WAS boring. Hideous football, no urgency and a chore to watch. First time I’m going to raise a question mark over the ‘Enzo way’. 

Hopefully just a big off day, but we’ve had a few of those recently. 

West Brom is massive now.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

He'll no doubt claim that losing is to be expected and its not normal to ha e done what we've done.

The biggest worry tonight was how poor we were from our own doing. Fine if you take risks and as a result there's occasions you look vulnerable at the back. We managed to show absolutely zero impetus in going forward bar the usual patterns of play and then somehow fail to deal with all types of basic stuff in and around our box.

I'm really concerned after that. I understand all teams, whether far superior at a level can have really disjointed performances and make mistake after mistake but we've seen this starting to creep in. I don't think it's a huge one off, we are being sussed out more and more.

That's up there with some of the most stupid points being thrown away that I can ever think of. Pressure is starting to grow now. We must evolve.

I absolutely agree.

At the moment the quality in our squad is getting us by, but it’s also being strangled and shoehorned into a style that isn’t suited to all. 

There’s so much pace, and power in this side, yet we’re approaching the game like a bunch of wet flannels. 

It’s baffling that you wouldn’t want to utilise the strength in your team just to play a certain way.

It’s a recipe for disaster, and of Enzo isn’t prepared to try something different, we will sing quicker than the titanic. 

I know we are top of the league but I'm not sure how much more of this style of football I can stomach. I understand the importance of keeping the ball but passing backwards all the time, playing risky balls into midfielders, playing aimless long balls....not for me. You lot can crack on paying good money to watch it but I'll save my pennies thanks.

We've got possibly one of the best 3 attacks in the league.. and some of the most creative wingers and midfielders..

But this system is stifling all of that.. its far too slow.. means the midfield don't have enough time on the ball and the forwards have zero space to play with

This system can still be played but more directly.. having 70pc possession with the majority with our defenders is not working.. move it forward quicker .. it really is  simple fix.. I just hope its not arrogance that's blocking it 

1 minute ago, sbfox said:

When 99% of the game is played with a low block in front of you, a slightly riskier pass turns into a 'needs to be a worldly' every time. And we don't have the players for that. 

Yes I agree it’s not the time to do it when there’s a low block. It’s doing it before that low block is in position, don’t let them get back and set whilst Ricardo and Winks pass it three yards to each other.