Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

West Brom (A) Match Thread

Just now, lcfcell said:

I really enjoyed that bit where Justin started to bomb forward stopped and passed backwards 

He took a dodgy touch, started bobbling the ball so I think he wanted to play safe rather than maybe lose the ball. It’s how we are at the minute. All a bit safe.

• Like 1

Stop messing about at the back and giving away stupid chances and these ain't scoring.. they're doing nothing just pressing.

Be sharper in attack and more clinical. Literally allowing teams to give us a game by giving the ball about for 90mins .. stop peeing about and it'll be a walkover

Only decent team we've played all season is Leeds   the rest are crap we just make them look decent 

2 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Iheanacho wasn’t great but how many strikers are asked to play as DM then break

Vardy will be asked to do the same.

Possibly the reason Cannon hasn’t played yet as he does what it says on the tin 

It's a false 9 role, the idea is that the forward drops in and the defenders follow, then the 8s go beyond. That said, Nacho drops too far and the 8s don't make those runs enough 

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

He took a dodgy touch, started bobbling the ball so I think he wanted to play safe rather than maybe lose the ball. It’s how we are at the minute. All a bit safe.

Safe in attack. Kamikaze passing in defence. 

Edited by leicesterlad1989
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

0.2 xG and 0 shots on target. Dear oh dear. 

When you look at the chances Mavididi has had the XG is low because the decision making Is so poor and slow, with 1 change of player and exactly the same patterns of play that could easily be 1.5 or 1.6 just from what I have seen, better decision making from KDH could even push that half over 2+ just from those 45 minutes, I could easily compile 5 or 6 moments in that 45 minutes where poor decision making has let us down. It's a coaches job to make players better, but players also have a ceiling, ultimately we'd like to not only get back in the prem but in the top 10, neither of these two players is of that standard. An probably only 2 in our starting lineup have that ability.

Edited by Beachyboy

5 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Ok question to you all, does anyone actually like our style of play under Enzo, is the right system for us ?

The way we’ve played most of the last couple of months, it’s a no from me. We seem to have changed the first action of our wingers most of the time to turn backwards, you see it even happening regularly from corners now. Think teams have worked out we have one dimension only and we are becoming pretty predictable to play against. I’d say now Martin has bedded in, Southampton are playing a more progressive possession style which I think over the course of 46 games will be more effective than ours. Leeds have some special players up front so will always score plenty and Ipswich don’t seem to be running out of steam really. It’s a horrible season to have a one dimensional set-up. Worked largely for Burnley last season as the division was pretty shite. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rigga said:

Half a dozen times we have been in the attacking third and our first thought is to play it safe and backwards… very Rodgers like the last few games..

I can’t stand watching Justin wave for the ball to send it straight back.  When he does pass forwards, Mavadidi has to hold the ball up and Justin stands there gormless waiting for his chance ti pass backwards. 

I understand the concept of Enzo ball, drawing players out of position to find space etc.  When we have a counter on and half the opposition are out of position, they stand and let them run back to then pass 10 times before Ricardo more than likely gives it away when their forward presses him. 

1 minute ago, Balj said:

It does feel a bit Rodgers’esque - don’t mind the style but need quicker transition. Our front 3 are just not good enough to deliver that.

Don't think we have played with a front 3 after the 10th game 

• Like 1

Maybe one of our better half's

Away against one of the championship top teams... 

Don't like the defensive triangle.. Mat has to realize when that short ball isn't on.. He does it in 2-3 times a game just when OPPO is pressing. It's OK when the press is light, but not when the get out is also closed down.. He's young but he's got to read such moments in the game.. 

Enjoying the game, everything is tight, but Leicester has clipped it on better last 3rd moves, where WBA are just a good pass from turning it.. 

Enzoball has been at its best within side a tight game..