Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

West Brom (A) Match Thread

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Most annoying issue I have is when teams make errors with possession rather than taking advantage, we will send the ball back to the defence. 

I'm fuming we've fallen back into this habit. It's mental

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Right system lack of players to make it really work.

Need more creative at 8 and in the wide positions, and a forward who's more mobile.

If we do not have the players to do it then it is the wrong system surely?

Boring shite again. Let's hope for some kind of improvement in the second half. Getting worse ATM.

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

When you look at the chances Mavididi has had the XG is low because the decision making Is so poor and slow, with 1 change of player and exactly the same patterns of play that could easily be 1.5 or 1.6 just from what I have seen, better decision making from KDH could even push that half over 2+ just from those 45 minutes, I could easily compile 5 or 6 moments in that 45 minutes where poor decision making has let us down. It's a coaches job to make players better, but players also have a ceiling, ultimately we'd like to not only get back in the prem but in the top 10, neither of these two players is of that standard. An probably only 2 in our starting lineup have that ability.

Now you've said that all I can see is mavididi getting into the position Harvey Barnes scored 90%of his goals from, stopping, jittering and either running Ino defenders or passing back out of the area to someone being pressed.

Thanks 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, The Doctor said:

Sousa tried to do it with agricultural players like Neilson and Hobbs, we've at least got players who can play the ball

You are right of course but my opinion is that it cannot be the right system if you don't have thr players. You need to play with what you've got, and that means a system that works for them.

West Brom are a lot more exciting to watch. They are winning every stat apart from passing.

• Like 1

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

You are right of course but my opinion is that it cannot be the right system if you don't have thr players. You need to play with what you've got, and that means a system that works for them.

West Brom are a lot more exciting to watch. They are winning every stat apart from passing.

I would say we do have most of the players but need a number 8 and striker to complete it

2 minutes ago, phildw said:

I really don't know what you lot want from football. That was a dominating first half of football making the supposedly 'form' team od the league looking scared and bang average to say the least. 

‘Dominating’ is a bit of a stretch 

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

It's a false 9 role, the idea is that the forward drops in and the defenders follow, then the 8s go beyond. That said, Nacho drops too far and the 8s don't make those runs enough 

I realise that.

Is it making best use of a ‘striker’ though

Realise its fashionable but fashions are predictable 

1 minute ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I realise that.

Is it making best use of a ‘striker’ though

Realise its fashionable but fashions are predictable 

No, but when it works it creates good overloads for best use of attacking positions. Problem is there's a few players we have that don't make it work