Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

West Brom (A) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I hope so, I'm not convinced. It's starting to look like a team that wins purely because we've spent more money than anyone else. 

I was excited that we'd get better all season and be ready to be a midtable side immediately in the prem.

I now worry that we will he battered every week.

We can now beat teams that park the bus (or used to at least) but not anyone else.

We were always bound to have a wobble and progression isn't linear. In reality though we've reset a lot from Rodgers, quicker than I really expected and it's lead to some over reactions from here 

30 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Mads pass completion this year 86.5%

Iversen last season 56.2%

Not in the same ballpark are they?

It wasn't a comment that really needed a stat, not one as misrepresented as that anyway. His pass completion is higher because we pass it more and Iversens kicks were mainly longer. A lot of the passes at the back that get us into trouble are his ones into CBs or centre mids. Most of Iversens were 60 yard clearances to the touchline.

Also I wasn't exactly slagging him off just making a point about his decision-making.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Now you've said that all I can see is mavididi getting into the position Harvey Barnes scored 90%of his goals from, stopping, jittering and either running Ino defenders or passing back out of the area to someone being pressed.

Thanks 🤣

Add to that KDH being into the positions Maddison was in last season. I'd like to get into the premiership to see whether Enzo has improved the defence. Its clear the attack is worse as those 2 players are inferior to the two previous players playing in those positions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

We were always bound to have a wobble and progression isn't linear. In reality though we've reset a lot from Rodgers, quicker than I really expected and it's lead to some over reactions from here 

The start was amazing, and what he's done deserves credit. Undoubtedly, but it's just a boring style of play atm, and has been before our results wobbled.

As I said, the main worry now is that it doesn't transfer to the Premier league.

Stage 1 complete, but I can see it being thanks but time for someone new after a poor start next season.

Edited by gw_leics772

1 minute ago, ChrisWalken456 said:

Enzo on the touchline.

200w (15).gif

No, Enzo does look annoyed at times with the backwardsness when we turn a player. The idea is obviously to keep it and create space to exploit and the annoyance is that we're not exploiting it when we do create it

33 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

His distribution is fantastic so let’s dispel that thought. It’s not going to be inch perfect and our style of play is going to invite pressure. I’m not saying it’s 100% but it’s very very good.

Mainly yes but when people talk about us making mistakes with passing and creating our own issues it's usually from him picking the wrong pass or simply not taking the long option.