Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ChrisWalken456

West Brom - Post match

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Expecting to see scenes and I'm sure it was further back but you'd hardly tell we scored going off those at the front lol

What a ridiculous statement! I was in that section and I can assure you it was carnage. Were you just watching on tele in the comfort of your living room?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Foxinmarkfield said:

What a ridiculous statement! I was in that section and I can assure you it was carnage. Were you just watching on tele in the comfort of your living room?

Calm down lol 

Yes I was at home yes, just commented on the way it looked ok the highlights. I know it was probably carnage. 

15 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I am generally happy... but I agree with this about the wingers. Take on the full back  bit more! Other than that, keep going.....

As a defender their is nothing worse than coming up against a winger that just runs at you with pace. 

Speed + agility is really hard to defend against. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

On this occasion. 

Vs Sheff Wed

12 shots, 3 on target, 1 scored, 1 conceded 

Then Vs Leeds and Boro we've not hit the target anywhere near enough 

What's your stats for the whole season so far? 

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Expecting to see scenes and I'm sure it was further back but you'd hardly tell we scored going off those at the front lol

Your wrong I'm afraid.

It was "scenes" as the yoof say...I nearly lost me fecking flat cap and glasses!

32 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Just got back. 

That clearing header from Vestergaard for the counter under so much pressure was pure quality defending and the cross form Wilf for the first goal was insane. We still weren't great but Harry was a standout player again and Kiernan was immense. Love the guy and he loves his club. The f*****g usual posse of armchair idiots on here that consistently berate KDH - the same people that waged the hate campaign against Chillwell. Utterly beyond me.

Good away win this, particularly given today's results. 

Loved it when KDH got the crowd going at the end.

Said it before, he may have a few sh1t games but he loves this club and tries his best.

Future club captain.

• Like 1

Great result In the end.

Look, the championship is a bastard and you don't get rewarded for nice football.

We won dirty and I'll take that.

Winks is a sexy little beast.

Edit. I also thought KDH was shite today then he bags that header.

Enzo is the man.

Edited by blueharmie
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I agree 100%. 

First and most importantly I'm Happy as hell we won. !

But it was refreshing for a 'split second' not to see 23 sideways passes before going forward and scoring,Yes yes I know it's not the Enzo way, and yes yes we can't play that way all the time, but the irony is brilliant.

I've never hidden the fact is dislike our playing style and the passing bore fest, we are subjected to, so a polar opposite style of playing  resulting in the the winner makes the goal and most importantly the victory a whole lot sweeter.

Just a thought...I wonder what with our attacking options would happen if we did it a whole lot more?    

...I  always felt that these situations would lend themselves to the way we are presently being coached!!!

Someone getting the ball down and transitioning the play, having repelled an attack, with support bursting to get up the pitch, it really should happen more often.

We do lack composure in those instances and just look to put the ball anywhere away from our goal. It is strange how our training evaporates when put under pressure, when that is the time for situations such as today to manifest itself.

22 minutes ago, Raj said:

Loved it when KDH got the crowd going at the end.

Said it before, he may have a few sh1t games but he loves this club and tries his best.

Future club captain.

In recent games he showed up way to often on the right side trying to effect the game. When very often all he was doing was getting in the way of others while leaving Mavididdi Isolated on the left with no support. 

Today he played a much more decipilined role staying in the channel up and down the left.  This allowed NDiddi to blossom and excel in the second half. His movement and pass for the chance he almost finished himself was exquisite. Followed by his movment and cross which was only into an area, Thankfully KDH was on the same wavelength and got ahead of his marker to score a delightful Goal.

I'm convinced the energy KDH saved today by his decipilined display allowed him the energy to make that gut busting run to receive the pass from Kelechi and diciplined pass for Winks to score.

He's clearly benifiting from Enzo's coaching which was obvious all over the pitch today in what was a difficult game.

Long may it continue. 

Stultifyingly boring first half, followed by a decent second half, during which we were clearly the superior team, even though we again didn't create that much. KDH and Ndidi showed how much we missed them starting at Hillsbrough, whilst Vesty was again majestic at the back. Vital win, especially given the chasing pack have all won. Need to get another winning run going now. 

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Anyone else find it weird how Ricardo seemingly got booked for dissent, but that sub for them, Molumby committed a cynical foul, that was given, then stood up, ran off with the ball preventing us from taking the free kick all the while shouting at the ref, and nothing given? 

Not really, but only because the refs are absolute garbage though and lack very little common sense and even less consistency. :D

23 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Great point this. This league was never going to be a cakewalk, it's full to the brim with salty teams who are jealous of our last decade, salty fans and salty old duffer players who used to be in the prem, or around it and have sunk to the depths looking to rekindle former "glories" at our expense. The last couple of weeks has been full of these types, having to remember that Jake Livermore, Barry Bannan, Tom Ince, Matt Phillips and most of all Jeff flipping Hendrick still exist. Disgusting.

This is why we can't turn our nose up at any win, this league is a purgatory for the Sean Dyche reject players of the world, where former Prem clubs go to slowly bankrupt themselves over seasons as hope steadily drains out of what was once an upwardly mobile club until nothing but a drab husk (Stoke) is left. We need to scratch and claw our way out of this miserable pit of shite and then try to put this horrible relegation behind us, and if it takes shithousing the odd 1 goal victory away from home every now and again to do it so be it.

The only thing that would top this post is Enzo reading it to me in bed and pouring me a lemonchello 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I have said that previously, I noticed it in the preseason v Northampton!!!

He does not know how to play or where he fits in this system. This setup should have made him comfortable, being asked to play a false 9, but he is all over the place. The Maddison position in a 4-2-3-1 would have been ideal, he naturally gravitates to the #10 position on the pitch. Playing him as a lone striker will not work, he needs players going ahead of him and because our build-up is so involved he comes to look for the ball far too deep to get a touch.

I do not think it is someone who does not care, out there on the pitch, he is just at a loss for what he needs to do.

I feel he'd almost be better playing as one of the 8s, his link up play in advanced positions is good, but right now he drifts from disinterested to inept.  we've seen today that he can play a decent pass, but only when he doesn't have to make a decision, when it's instinctive, and you can't do that as the false 9.  Vardy is the opposite, he knows where the ball needs to go, but he doesn't have the touch required.  frustrating.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

We were well on top, but that changed the moment we scored - they have great home form and the sixth best attack in the league and they started to really push for the first time in the game.  The idea of us pushing on would have left us even more exposed than we already were - by and large, for the last 20 minutes we did well to use up the time, created a few chances to get a second and limited them to a goalmouth scramble.  Sounds like a sensible way to see out a game - you can't do everything, but sometimes you can do enough.

Exactly! And it changed because we quit doing what we were doing up to then.

They still had “great home form and the sixth best attack in the league” when we got (and stayed) on top of them from the blast of the 2H whistle.