Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ChrisWalken456

West Brom - Post match

1 hour ago, jv1 said:

Behave - I enjoyed the end just like you but don’t sugar coat it and say you enjoyed that performance 

I enjoyed it to be honest, second half on top against a side that are very heard to beat away… had we had joy got a point yes from the off I would have been happy but we deserved the three today and thankfully got them 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

The extra burst of speedthat Winks puts on just past the haflway line is something. But a full sprint from box to box in the 94th,, man is fit!!

Is it possible...(i have no opinion) that we got Casadei on a promise of game time? I had enormous hope for him and still think he could be an excellent player but his current form, that ive seen doesnt seem to justify?

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ozleicester said:

The extra burst of speedthat Winks puts on just past the haflway line is something. But a full sprint from box to box in the 94th,, man is fit!!

Is it possible...(i have no opinion) that we got Casadei on a promise of game time? I had enormous hope for him and still think he could be an excellent player but his current form, that ive seen doesnt seem to justify?

And this is the beauty of our team right now, not only do we look super fit, but the system allows us to remain in the game longer than our opponents, I'm sure at the start of the game, that number two would have caught one of them up, and three of the other four west brom players don't even try - shades of Youri getting lapped by the ref. And their #5, i think it is, even has a head start, but once he tries to change direction, he's dead, there's nothing in his legs.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

Infuriating how quickly some of our fans have been willing to turn on Maresca.

Contrast that with Rodgers being given free rein to dismantle the club, with us getting battered left and right by championship sides like Forest and Blackburn, after several transfer windows and with Maddison and Barnes etc in the team.

Maresca has transformed not only Ndidi, Vestergaard, and our entire defence (which seemed completely beyond repair), but also the mentality of the team and the atmosphere around the club. I always back us to grab a late winner or bounce back if we concede as opposed to folding like a deck of cards as we would be guaranteed to do under Rodgers, even against midtable championship opposition.

If people can't see the polar difference in management then I really do despair.

I agree with some of your points but you do make some mistakes. Rodgers had a brilliant record against lower league opposition and you have just picked out the 2 matches he lost. They were also not mid table sides, Forest got promoted and Blackburn were in the play off picture for much of the season.

7 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

I agree with some of your points but you do make some mistakes. Rodgers had a brilliant record against lower league opposition and you have just picked out the 2 matches he lost. They were also not mid table sides, Forest got promoted and Blackburn were in the play off picture for much of the season.

Hey Brendan, we don't need your excuses anymore mate. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

That Harry Winks goal, absolutely love it, I’ve watched it half a dozen times and it seems to be getting nearer and nearer to hitting the post each time I see it 😂 

The way he takes it is almost an illusion. The first few times he looks like he stumbles and he was lucky. Rewatched a few times today and he looks cool as you like and it was never in doubt. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Watching it again Kels first touch is as woeful as it was throughout the game it just dropped into his path off the WBA players leg 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

But did we really change the way we play - everyone complains that we are slow and boring, if that is so, then surely after we score we're just continuing in this fashion.

People are talking like we played like Spurs up until we scored and then played like, er, leicester afterwards.

We just play that same steady way, the goal didn't change anything, we just stuck to what we were doing before. the only difference being that west brom were no longer content to just sit back and watch us as they had been doing from, as you say, the start of the 2nd half (arguably for 72 minutes) - they are a good side, yes, but not a pressing side; as enzo said, they'll sit deep and then push up when they want to, which they did from time to time, but after we scored, they did it every time they had the ball.....

We certainly did. For starters, as I pointed out in my initial comment that you responded to, Ndidi stopped running past Fatawu (which was what actually led to our goal). We just seemed content to settle for the 1-0 score line (which is the most “dangerous” of score lines) Befuddling.

Edited by NaijaFox

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

That Harry Winks goal, absolutely love it, I’ve watched it half a dozen times and it seems to be getting nearer and nearer to hitting the post each time I see it 😂 

We were in the home end by the side of the pitch AND it looked like it was going wide, but didn't

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holly B said:

Watching it again Kels first touch is as woeful as it was throughout the game it just dropped into his path off the WBA players leg 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

The first touch wasn’t as crucial as the top-notch pass (not to mention he was being pulled back by the shirt by the West Brom defender). 

Edited by NaijaFox