Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ChrisWalken456

West Brom - Post match

Thought we edged that over 90 in fairness. Been critical of late but felt today we were better with the system. Passing felt quicker and the general pace of play sharper, clearly been discussed since Wed's night.

Still not my preferred style to watch, but you back who and what's in front of you.

• Like 3

Not great and somewhat a struggle again but we got the win.

What a winner, something from yesteryear! Wonderful! A thing of beauty, a really good goal!

The way we ground it out and manner of the win hopefully stops the rot and we can push on again.... :fc: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thought we looked much better than we have the last few games.

Still very little attacking threat.

Still very negative football.

But yeh, that's a very good & deserved win although God knows what West Brom were doing, clearly thought we were there for the taking & paid the price.

Still not sold on Enzo & his tactics, and today's win hasn't changed my mind in the slightest, but I'll enjoy it.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I got some good natured ribbing in the match thread for being so frustrated by us conceding but my point still remains; we need to stop being so negative when we score. We have attacking threats all over the pitch. When teams finally come out and try and attack, that is the time to put the game to bed.

We were incredibly lucky. I hope the manager and the other backroom staff urge the players to keep pushing for goals (in a considered, non reckless way) after we score late in a game.

Pretty average all around, although I thought KDH and Wilf were brilliant for the whole match. KDH's motor is utterly elite. He never tires. Fatuwu was also good when he came on.

West Brom seemed well prepared and cut off many of our passing lanes. A tricky fixture.  A lucky escape, hope we learn some lessons from it.

I thought Kel was bang average but that last pass to start the break away was just chefs kiss amazing. Fair play. 

Spot on! Looked like we were settling for a 1-0 win, instead of pushing on. Ndidi stopped making the runs beyond Fatawu that produced our first goal.

For 10 minutes before we scored, including when we scored, Wilf Ndidi was a class above. :appl:

The commentators have a lot of faults, but they spotted his class up top.

I know replacing him with Casadei isn't ideal, but he is still coming back from injury.

6 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

What a player Vestergaard is!

He caused their goal by hitting the ball out to the side allowing the long throw into the box instead of belting it down field thou.

Yes he then got a defenders header out of the box, it was actually Nacho who made the goal by staying on his feet and keeping hold of the ball prior to releasing KdH 

• Like 2

What on earth were West Brom doing chucking everyone forward gifting us that counter for Winksy?! Madness!

Great result, iffy performance but as long as the players and Enzo learn moving forward we will still get 100pts+.

27 games to go, I’d say a minimum of 46 pts needed. 

• Like 2