Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ChrisWalken456

West Brom - Post match

Compared to the last few performances we did have a few periods where we looked progressive but across the entire match I still believe we stifle ourself more than we unlock our potential. 

The moments where we just went for it we looked great, then immediately reverted to “control” where we do absolutely nothing and constantly lose possession. 

we need to find a balance between control and attack, Right now it’s either on or off and it isn’t effective. 
WBA were well drilled but we had the quality to put this game to bed. 

• Like 2

Okey we get a good ball and a good result but Enzo should be more careful with his sub choices. Why we are taking Ndidi off and Casedei on?Why after we have made the first goal just a one change? We still had 4 changes. Just fresh ıt and seeking for the second..... 

11 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I absolutely ****ing LOVE that the winner was scored in a style completely against the “philosophy” 

just play ****ing football!

love it.

Exactly!  The memo probably said Vestergaard should header it and then they should pass it around at the back till the whistle blew.  But KDH went rogue! 

Makes the draw on  Wednesday much more bearable. 

Totally deserved win today despite the usual negative ray of sunshines on here. 

For the 'form team' at home, to create virtually nothing says everything......it was only us giving the ball away that gave them a sniff. 

• Like 1

Did you enjoy that, did that wobble your cobbles.. What a 2nd half.. 

Maybe our best midfield... Great defence that still has its own wobbles.. 

This was a Man. City moment when we won the title... 

It showed we can fight and set  and keep skill sets, even after doubts & questions are asked due to dropped points.. This result & performance vibrated through the whole league.. 

Right to KPland Sunday roast.. 

Tonight kebab or pie & beans.. 

If you don't walk away with puffed out chest from this afternoon.. You ain't 

L C F C.. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Thought we looked much better than we have the last few games.

Still very little attacking threat.

Still very negative football.

But yeh, that's a very good & deserved win although God knows what West Brom were doing, clearly thought we were there for the taking & paid the price.

Still not sold on Enzo & his tactics, and today's win hasn't changed my mind in the slightest, but I'll enjoy it.

100% this.

It was good seeing so many players looking hungrier than they have in recent games.

Here’s hoping that we kick on now….no mid week game so some recovery time and hopefully keep the chasing teams on  their toes with 3 points next weekend.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Big win - second half was far better. 

I hope that sorts out some mentality issues because we are still very soft 

...there was a drop-off when we scored the first, you feel that suddenly we have something to lose!!!

We became a bit too defensive and looking to counter without over-committing. I could feel the equaliser coming and there was time for them to score a second, we started hacking balls all over the place. Great breakaway and composure from KDH at the end, but there is this mentality change when we go a goal up, and we drop a few percentages.

Just so hard to be ruthless.

Guest Col city fan

Feels like a great win today. 
West Brom were bouyant, particularly with the equaliser. 
Thats a big result I think.

As for lots of the match thread comments.. fook sake

🤦‍♀️

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Great summary 

Haha summary is good but my input on the match log was the same as the majority.. if we hadn't seen it out I don't think I'd have been so level headed. Hard being a fan ain't it

We've had a blip but the superior start to the season has allowed us one I guess 

• Like 1

Just now, Cincinnati Fox said:

Wilf for cas at 1-0 with 10 minutes to go against an aggressive big and strong team is football suicide! 

Surely this was a protecting Wilf for the rest of the season sub?