Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Plymouth Argyle Home

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The difficulty is, we don't have games wrapped up with 20 mins to go so he's not getting a chance. Maresca is going to have to put his trust in him at some point.

This is true.  But i don't think this is about trust or quality, i think it's more about fitness and easing a player back after a tricky injury.

5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

This is true.  But i don't think this is about trust or quality, i think it's more about fitness and easing a player back after a tricky injury.

Yeah you're probably right. Praet had the same injury and he's not even on the bench the last few.

Due to where I live, I watch Argyle a decent amount. It’s absolutely imperative that we do not allow Morgan Whittaker inside onto his left foot - he’s arguably their best player but is nowhere near as effective when shown outside.

In transition Argyle can be very good, with Luke Cundle, on loan from Wolves, their main man in the midfield. They’re certainly at their most dangerous when on the counter, with Ryan Hardie, just back from injury, a very good finisher. 

Bali Mumba is a player I like, he can play in either full-back role, is strong and decent technically. He tends to play right-back when Argyle captain, Joe Edwards, doesn’t play. When Edwards does play, Mumba usually moves to left-back. I don’t think Edwards will play against us - his lack of pace would be massively exploited with the wingers we have. 

In reality, despite the respect and soft spot I have for Argyle, they are ultimately a team we should be dispatching with ease. They’re not good away from home and have a couple of regular starters in Edwards and Jordan Houghton who I’d argue aren’t good enough for this league at all. They’re a largely limited side who I think will come to have a go, and that’ll play into our hands I feel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 02/12/2023 at 15:22, The Doctor said:

First of 3 games in two weeks at home to bottom 6 sides, with a bottom half side away sandwiched in between. Real chance to put this recent wobble and nerves to bed with some demolitions 

I hope this is my favourite post of the festival period 🤓

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Hermansen

Faes     Vestergaard   Justin 

Choudhury   Winks 

Fatawu    Ndidi                    KDH     McCateer

Iheanacho 

Agree with this but Iheanacho should be doing extra drills at seagrave rather than being rewarded another start. Based on current form we should play without a striker and stick another #8 in there somewhere.

20 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Agree with this.  Given our history for rushing players back from injury I'm surprised people are so desperate to play him.  I've had a history of back problems for almost 7 years and when it's bad it's horrible.  Not sure exactly what he had but they need to be managed so carefully, and I presume he's waiting for a game where we're clear and he doesn't need to push too hard.  I suspect we'll only really see him in the new year once Nacho is on international duty.

• Like 1

Feel like we do need to be careful with the team in the lead up to Ipswich.

The team on boxing day has to be;

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Justin

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Ndidi KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho

With that in mind I would take the opportunity to rest Mavididi, Iheanacho and at least one of the back 3. Ricardo gets a rest because of his suspension.

For Plymouth i'd go;

Hermansen

Faes Coady Justin

Hamza Winks

Fatawu Ndidi KDH McAteer

Vardy

Definitely want to see Cannon come off the bench if the game is sewn up in good time. Wonder if Will Alves is anywhere near close? Be nice to see him come off the bench too.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Feel like we do need to be careful with the team in the lead up to Ipswich.

The team on boxing day has to be;

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Justin

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Ndidi KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho

With that in mind I would take the opportunity to rest Mavididi, Iheanacho and at least one of the back 3. Ricardo gets a rest because of his suspension.

For Plymouth i'd go;

Hermansen

Faes Coady Justin

Hamza Winks

Fatawu Ndidi KDH McAteer

Vardy

Definitely want to see Cannon come off the bench if the game is sewn up in good time. Wonder if Will Alves is anywhere near close? Be nice to see him come off the bench too.

Is it not a bit early to be planning that..  2 and a half weeks..  Still 3 games on between the 2 isn't there

I'd go full strength minus riccy and smash these .. they're woeful on the road but like a goal. 

• Like 2

I think we can rotate either KDH or Wilf over the coming games with either Casadei, Akgun or Praet, but not both (it went horribly wrong at Sheff Wednesday when both were rested). Same can be said with Vestergaard and Faes, using one of Souttar or Coady. Got to look to put a relatively refreshed full strength team out v Ipswich

• Like 1