Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Plymouth Argyle Home

46 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Blimey we're 2/7 to win this - that's the shortest I've seen us for a league game since.... unfortunately, Norwich at home in December 2019, which we drew lol 

Bit surprising given Plymouth are the sort of team who can be really unpredictable 

Guest nathan.
14 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Bit surprising given Plymouth are the sort of team who can be really unpredictable 

Its worth a £10 on them tbh

On 03/12/2023 at 16:24, Lillehamring said:

People still calling for Cannon to start - do you realise he hasn't played a minute of competitive football since May and is coming off a back injury, not just a sprained ankle.  He'll get a few minutes in one of these games soon, but it'll most likely be a slow process over the next month.

Thanks, Dr Lillehamring 

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Feel like we do need to be careful with the team in the lead up to Ipswich.

The team on boxing day has to be;

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Justin

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Ndidi KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho

With that in mind I would take the opportunity to rest Mavididi, Iheanacho and at least one of the back 3. Ricardo gets a rest because of his suspension.

For Plymouth i'd go;

Hermansen

Faes Coady Justin

Hamza Winks

Fatawu Ndidi KDH McAteer

Vardy

Definitely want to see Cannon come off the bench if the game is sewn up in good time. Wonder if Will Alves is anywhere near close? Be nice to see him come off the bench too.

Centre backs really don't need any rest, they spend 80+ minutes of the game walking or in a light jog.

I think the way we play really does lend itself to players being able to play for 90 minutes twice a week, with 5 subs it's easy to rotate plenty in game if needed. If there's one major benefit of our style, it's that the players definitely won't be sapped of energy. KDH and Winks' sprint at the end of the WBA game really confirm that.

3 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

I think we can rotate either KDH or Wilf over the coming games with either Casadei, Akgun or Praet, but not both (it went horribly wrong at Sheff Wednesday when both were rested). Same can be said with Vestergaard and Faes, using one of Souttar or Coady. Got to look to put a relatively refreshed full strength team out v Ipswich

Playing devils advocate. If Enzo believes in system & squad.. Why not

Starsky

Coady Souttar Choudhoury

Praet. WINKS

Fatawu  Castadei Agun Mcateer

Cannon

From new buys..

The near perfect storm plus 3 Leicester mixes. 

Before we were really  into the season, 

Not far off our expected team... 

Vesty, Ndidi, KdH,Faes Justin not first choice in many fans minds.. PLUS Enzo

5 players & a "really" again proving FT

can't actually see or  pick 'em!! . 

Cant let Nacho anywhere near this team for me.  He looked out of sorts despite rare purple patches in the Premier League and he looks no better a league down.  He just goes missing too much to be a starter.  At some point, we are going to have to give Daka and Cannon a chance just to keep the other strikers on their toes.  

It's too easy at the minute at the top end of the pitch to play shite and get a pass for it.  It's the reason we don't put teams to bed early doors a lot of the time. 

• Like 3

On 04/12/2023 at 20:43, kristianity77 said:

Cant let Nacho anywhere near this team for me.  He looked out of sorts despite rare purple patches in the Premier League and he looks no better a league down.  He just goes missing too much to be a starter.  At some point, we are going to have to give Daka and Cannon a chance just to keep the other strikers on their toes.  

It's too easy at the minute at the top end of the pitch to play shite and get a pass for it.  It's the reason we don't put teams to bed early doors a lot of the time. 

Daka isn't going to feature again in my opinion, he'll be gone in January.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Larry David said:

Hello chaps Argyle fan in peace. I fully expect you to win on Saturday but a couple of points to bear in mind. I suspect we will see this game as a bit of a free hit as we seek to establish ourselves in the Championship this season so there’s no reason to believe we will attempt to park the bus. Secondly we really should have beaten Ipswich at Portman Road earlier this season and in all probability would have were it not for a shocking refereeing decision not to award us a penalty and red card for a clear trip in the box as Bundu raced clear when we were 1-0 up. Anyway good luck post Saturday I’m fairly confident you will go up automatically probably with dirty Leeds! 

Welcome! Always good to see other teams' fans come on and chat with level heads.

I think you'll certainly give us a game, and have a few threats we need to be wary of (Whittaker, for starters). It will be interesting to see if you do come at us, or go for a mid block. If the former, there's a good chance we could rip through if our attackers are having a good day. Then again, if you go for a mid block and focus on transitions you're likely to have some joy. Be a fun one to watch! Lot of respect for Schumacher's work with you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Larry David said:

Hello chaps Argyle fan in peace. I fully expect you to win on Saturday but a couple of points to bear in mind. I suspect we will see this game as a bit of a free hit as we seek to establish ourselves in the Championship this season so there’s no reason to believe we will attempt to park the bus. Secondly we really should have beaten Ipswich at Portman Road earlier this season and in all probability would have were it not for a shocking refereeing decision not to award us a penalty and red card for a clear trip in the box as Bundu raced clear when we were 1-0 up. Anyway good luck post Saturday I’m fairly confident you will go up automatically probably with dirty Leeds! 

How many times have we heard that! Virtually every team we have played at home this season have gone full on bus parking, spoiling, time wasting etc etc. We know what to expect and it's down to us to deal with it. Usual pattern is a very cautious first half where we have 70% possession (90% against Stoke!) and then step it up in the final 20 mins. Hope that Plymouth do try to make a game of it just for something a bit different. Make sure that you make some noise to wake us up. Cheers. 

Morning everyone - I'm travelling up this Saturday for the plymouth game with my family. Can anyone tell me of a town centre car park with parent and child spaces - that won't be rammed by 10 or 11am? Alternatively can anyone recommend a car park with ample space? I have a phobia of people parking close to me and damaging my ride. Was thinking train station car park or top floor of John Lewis's? 

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Morning everyone - I'm travelling up this Saturday for the plymouth game with my family. Can anyone tell me of a town centre car park with parent and child spaces - that won't be rammed by 10 or 11am? Alternatively can anyone recommend a car park with ample space? I have a phobia of people parking close to me and damaging my ride. Was thinking train station car park or top floor of John Lewis's? 

Thanks

Can't help with the parking question but know what you mean about drivers having no respect for others vehicles. I will always try to park away from entrances to shops etc finding a space amongst a row of empties. Just as much as I need to get my door wide open as I've got a dodgy back. Weird though how some people still feel the need to park right up against your drivers door when there's 5 empty spaces to their right. Not sure why they do that, but it's definately a thing. 

• Like 1

On 04/12/2023 at 17:01, MGLCFC said:

I think we can rotate either KDH or Wilf over the coming games with either Casadei, Akgun or Praet, but not both (it went horribly wrong at Sheff Wednesday when both were rested). Same can be said with Vestergaard and Faes, using one of Souttar or Coady. Got to look to put a relatively refreshed full strength team out v Ipswich

Agreed, we should look to be at least 2 of Winks, KDH and Ndidi in games against lower half teams and full strength against top half with Enzo working a system to rotate 1 of the 3 getting a rest every now and again. Akgun/Praet could do a job as a more advanced creative midfielder but needs a proper box to box midfielder alongside him, which he didn't have against Sheff Weds. 

On 02/12/2023 at 14:55, Aus Fox said:

Ricardo suspended after his booking today, maybe not the worst thing in forcing him to have a rest.

Was thinking the same thing.  He's lost a bit of spark recently, he gives everything eveygame so his head must be battered learning the new role and that.

3 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Thanks

Would advise parking off one of the side streets down Narborough road like Danvers road, approx 15min walk to the ground and only a short bus into town if need be..... Free aswell!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

How many times have we heard that! Virtually every team we have played at home this season have gone full on bus parking, spoiling, time wasting etc etc. We know what to expect and it's down to us to deal with it. Usual pattern is a very cautious first half where we have 70% possession (90% against Stoke!) and then step it up in the final 20 mins. Hope that Plymouth do try to make a game of it just for something a bit different. Make sure that you make some noise to wake us up. Cheers. 

doesn’t seem to be plymouth’s way. 

I actually for the first time all season… fancy us to win by 3 or 4.  I think they will come at us and it’ll be exciting. But i think we will be back full of confidence after west brom 

Edited by Lambert09

9 hours ago, Larry David said:

I like the way Plymouth play. Good side. Tough game. Gonna be 1 goal in it.  2-1 Foxes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Thanks

If you don’t mind paying for the privilege and ample space and parent and child spaces are super important then the John Lewis car park will be perfect, even the non parent and child spaces are large on every floor so you’ll have no trouble. The high cross car park is the one you want not the John Lewis rooftop*

Edited by JayTheFox