Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Plymouth Argyle Home

4 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Plymouth's away numbers have always been good considering their location though from what I've seen.

They bought a good 2.5k in 2005 as well and let's be fair, we've been one of the worst for fans coming out the woodwork over the last few years.

Hmm, their following is impressive but Plymouth definitely have a fair few displaced fans too. They aren't all travelling from the South West!

Edited by Langston

54 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Parking in freeman’s common multi story for the first time Saturday? Is it a decent option? What’s getting out like after the whistle (and clapping the players off) lol

I suggest you leave 5 mins early, but put your tin hat on first. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think it should be underestimated how Justin's pace bails out our defence at times. We were exposed more when Doyle was in the team IMO, but we got away with it. We were far better at building from the back though with Doyle. It's a trade off. Ideally the LCB is left footed and quick.

Yes, true - but pace alone isn't enough to warrant a starting or even back up slot - maresca has mentioned several times that JJs right footedness is a problem.

Doyle also played at a time when we were still in the very early stages of playing the system, when people were still aghast at vestergaard playing and terrified that it was his lack of pace that was going to cause us problems.  Doyle has only played 676 misutes in the league, so i don't think we've really seen enough to judge him by (i know some fans can't see beyond the poor game he had against Hull) and i don't know if he's specially slow, even if he's not as quick as justin.

Anyway, it just seems to me that there's more limiting his future in the side than guaranteeing it.  I'm sure you won't be shocked if doyle goes straight back in, and that kind of sums it up for me, that that outcome seems inevitable.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sharpylcfc said:

We should win this rather comfortably but no doubt we'll make hard work of it.

Pretty much the same can be said for 90 per cent of our matches in this division. Plymouth have poor away form ( no wins) but we have been largely poor at home. Have to look to score early at home and draw opponents out who will happily sit in for long periods and play on the break. 

And will we see a miracle and the Cannon be unleashed, even for a few seconds at the end?

Standard protocol, they sit back, we keep ball, we lose ball, they get chances but are too shit to score.  With our possession we create zilch, and bore the shit.  Plymouth get tired or just as bored as us and we sneak a goal.

Happy Days.

Edited by Dr The Singh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Standard protocol, they sit back, we keep ball, we lose ball, they get chances but are too shit to score.  With our possession we create zilch, and bore the shit.  Plymouth get tired or just as bored as us and we sneak a goal.

Happy Days.

Thanks Singhy. Now I can go Christmas shopping Saturday afternoon instead of going to the game :)

• Haha 4

On 04/12/2023 at 18:16, Dan LCFC said:

Blimey we're 2/7 to win this - that's the shortest I've seen us for a league game since.... unfortunately, Norwich at home in December 2019, which we drew lol 

Lol, I remember that one.. won 8 in a row prior to it didn't we, or something of that ilk and vardy was on an 8 game streak.. think I had vardy to score anytime and 2-1 win. 

Thought he'd scored but found out after the game it was an own goal. We managed to get corporate for that game so was a bit sloshed.. so fortunately I don't remember much else of that match other than it being freezing cold

9 hours ago, MS0204 said:

Parking in freeman’s common multi story for the first time Saturday? Is it a decent option? What’s getting out like after the whistle (and clapping the players off) lol

Is this the Leicester University car park? If so, I'm thinking about using it too. Would appreciate opinions from those that use it. I.e. how full it gets and ease of getting out.

10 hours ago, MS0204 said:

9 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I suggest you leave 5 mins early, but put your tin hat on first. 

3 hours ago, K789 said:

You'll defo have to leave a bit early, can take 30-40.mins to get out

Make a dash for it at half time. Sounds a bit risky to come back after your pie 

• Haha 1

On 04/12/2023 at 18:16, Dan LCFC said:

Blimey we're 2/7 to win this - that's the shortest I've seen us for a league game since.... unfortunately, Norwich at home in December 2019, which we drew lol 

I bet you've got a hell of a spreadsheet to back this up.

As an accountant, this excites me. 😛

10 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Is this the Leicester University car park? If so, I'm thinking about using it too. Would appreciate opinions from those that use it. I.e. how full it gets and ease of getting out.

I use it. Its a bugger if I stay till full time and can take 30 to 40 minutes to get out. If I leave at say 92 (yes I know b4 people say) then it's not too bad. 

Does anyone know his parents? please tell their son to concede a shitload of goals ;)

Leicester City (A) | Cooper's Preview | Plymouth Argyle - PAFC

There is a familial link in the Cooper household ahead of Saturday’s game at Leicester City – but there are to be no divided loyalties.

Argyle goalkeeper Michael Cooper has come through the Argyle Academy, and reached 150 appearances for the club last weekend in the 2-1 win against Stoke City, but his parents have affinity with the Foxes.

“My mum and dad are from Leicester,” said Michael. “They moved down, originally to Plymouth, 30 years ago now, and then they went up the road to Exeter.

“At Filbert Street, Mum and Dad were season-ticket holders for God knows how long, and still now they go to a few games with their friends who still in Leicester. It's a club I've always supported as well. It's always been my second team; I’ve been and watched them a few times.

“I can't wait to go to the King Power and play, but everyone's a Pilgrim on Saturday. We've got no problem about that.”

18 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Happy Days.

sadly from what I've seen recently you are spot on. Lets hope Enzo lets the 'cannon loose' to see if he can change this all to predictable scenario

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Plymouth

New injuries?

“We have some doubts. Nothing serious. We’ll use today’s session to see.”

Doyle?

“He’s started to do some sessions outside but not with us. He still needs time.”

Ricardo suspended?

“We have been using Hamza there. It probably will be him but we have some options, we’ll see. He’s done very well in there.”

In Coaches Voice masterclass you said about playing in traffic?

“In Ricardo’s case, he has the profile. He can move in small spaces. Hamza gives us something different in terms of strength. Both are doing very well. The difference is that when you are a full-back, you have more space and less players around you. In the middle, it’s the opposite. It’s a process. They are doing very well."

Nelson contract?

“Ben is a very good profile. He’s 2004 so he’s still very young. He’s improving. We are happy to continue with him. We need to give young players the right time. We have Will Alves, Wanya, Kasey, they are young and doing very well. For the club and for the fans, we need to be proud.”

Deals for those out of contract in 2024?

“Not yet. I want all of them focused on this season on our targets. Then we’ll see in February and March where we are. The most important thing now is to be focused. We have time for the new contracts.”

Plymouth?

“Very complicated team. I think they are second best in terms of counter attacking after Leeds. We need to be careful. When we have the ball, they are dangerous. Whittaker is a very good profile. He is dangerous.”

How to cope with Plymouth counters?

“We need to control. We have to keep the ball in the best way we can. Don’t give it away an easy way. We need to be able to avoid transitions.”

Back at home?

“I think we’re going to start a very important moment of the season. We have two games at home. We need our fans to be with us. The next one is an important game. We need all of them behind us.”

Why important?

“It’s for many reasons. The main reason is in December it’s tricky. If you are able to be consistent, it’s good. Christmas is there and you can be distracted. Plus there’s lots of games and players can get injured.”

January window?

“I’m focused on tomorrow. We need to win. When we are in January… we have 25 players, a full squad. Before we decide for some players, we need players who want to leave.”

Mavididi?

“Stephy, for me, once he is consistent, he can be a Premier League player. Sometimes he’s high, sometimes he’s low. The last game at West Brom was not one of his best games. But he’s one of the guys who plays all of the time. Like his team-mates, he needs to improve.”

How do players respond when you tell them they need to improve?

“The players are always ‘yeah, yeah, yeah’ and you don’t know! But Stephy no doubt, he can be much better. We are happy with him, but he has to be ambitious.”

Was just about to ask when the press conference was. Cheers @moore_94!

4 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

I bet you've got a hell of a spreadsheet to back this up.

As an accountant, this excites me. 😛

I haven't unfortunately although I do tend to log what I bet on lol I just have a mental note for this one. I know we haven't been this short in absolutely ages.

• Haha 1