Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Plymouth Argyle Home

19 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Standard protocol, they sit back, we keep ball, we lose ball, they get chances but are too shit to score.  With our possession we create zilch, and bore the shit.  Plymouth get tired or just as bored as us and we sneak a goal.

Happy Days.

Yes it’s just terrible at the moment, let’s try and get Rodgers back as things were so much better.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

As much of what we play is almost anti-football at times, especially in these type of home games - I feel like there is so many of these type of games for us to get the standard 1-0 or 2-0 wins. 

I am a Maresca fan but I do feel like the philosophy was kind of disguised a bit because it's come from Man City. It's very much more about the other team not having the ball enough and that meaning they only score 1 at best. That obviously won't happen in the Premier League and I feel like a lot needs adjusting. But for now we should slowly win these kind of games without issue. Won't be a great watch again though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

As much of what we play is almost anti-football at times, especially in these type of home games - I feel like there is so many of these type of games for us to get the standard 1-0 or 2-0 wins. 

I am a Maresca fan but I do feel like the philosophy was kind of disguised a bit because it's come from Man City. It's very much more about the other team not having the ball enough and that meaning they only score 1 at best. That obviously won't happen in the Premier League and I feel like a lot needs adjusting. But for now we should slowly win these kind of games without issue. Won't be a great watch again though. 

Hang about, possession based football is anti-football? How does that work? 

• Like 1

Dreamt last night that we beat Plymouth 8-2. Can recall the ball being kicked about, in fact l was involved in some of the play, but have no recollection of any goals being scored. Maybe we won 8-2 on corners :dunno: whatever, perhaps tomorrow will be the day we give somebody a good thrashing. Remember you heard it here first :blink:

• Like 1

Would quite like to see a bit more urgency in the first 30mins or so.

Been quite a lot of similar home games when we've looked extremely comfortable early doors, not really conceding any chances, but not really doing much ourselves.

Would feel better if we took control of games more, rather than the current tactic which seems to revolve around waiting for the opposition to tire.

That was a great win at West Brom. But a lot of you on here were moaning before that game about our manager, even though we were top of the league because of a couple of bad results. Let’s just get behind the team and smash Plymouth tomoz. 

4 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

That was a great win at West Brom. But a lot of you on here were moaning before that game about our manager, even though we were top of the league because of a couple of bad results. Let’s just get behind the team and smash Plymouth tomoz. 

Ely fox out! :ph34r:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

When the centre back is keeping hold of it with no forward thinking approach. The only idea being if we have it, they don't. 

See Enzo Masterclass to understand what the system is.  Personally I think it's brilliant, but taking time for players to get to muscle memory stage collectively. We are top of the league and have an approach that means we still have capacity for players to grow together. Remember when every corner was a disaster?

Edited by FoxFossil
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

See Enzo Masterclass to understand what the system is.  Personally I think it's brilliant, but taking time for players to get to muscle memory stage collectively. We are top of the league and have an approach that means we still have capacity for players to grow together. Remember when every corner was a disaster?

... now every corner we get is a disaster, so a nice change 😂

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

I've watched it, and I said I'm a fan. I watch us every week so don't try and patronise me Mr.Fossil.

I'm not criticising that way of playing. It clearly has worked. I just don't think it's going to ever win fans over that aren't already. I don't believe there's these other gears that people speak of. I think this is how we play and that's it.

• Like 1