Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Plymouth Argyle Home

16 hours ago, weller54 said:

... now every corner we get is a disaster, so a nice change 😂

Ah but it used to be opposition corners were like penalties and our own corners were like giving the opponents a direct free kick outside our box.

Progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Sorry, I disagree. Ofcourse I would given that I support LCFC and live 336 miles away but me choosing to support Leicester doesn't make me any less a fan than someone who was essentially brainwashed into it by their parents/friends etc at a young age.  

Me not going to games however, absolutely makes me less of a fan than someone who does. 

I have a very tenuous link to Leicester as I visited family who live there, every summer and went to the odd game when I was down but no longer keep in regular contact but at the end of the day, I've supported this club since 2000 and completely reject the insinuation that I'm not a real supporter. 

What you have described is a connection though so your situation is absolutely not what I was describing. Plus I was referring to the ‘big 6’ etc. 

Im referring to those who have never been to the place or a game in their lives and follow a team essentially because they win a lot.

A connection is a connection whether you have grown up on Filbert Street, elsewhere in the city/county or the other end of the country or overseas and have family connections to the club. 

• Like 1

I b

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I have supported Leicester, my home town, for 70yrs...in various predicaments, situations... 

Its bloody mature very mature nonsense when certain supporters get snot-nosed over their better status.. 

I welcome Asian-TV-tourist / KP-associated fans, fans who could be split, living in other Areas but chose Leicester has life long club. 

Fans who for various reasons, have never been to KP or Filbert St. ESPECIALLY modern fans who again for various reasons refuse to chase membership bt sill remain loyal, fans that leave 5 minutes before the end for over 1-70+yrs.... 

My status.. 5-12yrs,seen live home & away 60% live matches,

12-20ys old, went when I could, but played or participated & trained often 5-7 days the week in 2-3 high performance sports representing city + country at youth level.. 22-45..ex-pat traveling or working around the world.. But going to any game I could if back home.. 

45-55 even settled in Germany got back home to see 10-15 H/away games.. 

55-now..15 years disabled, dependant on TV coverage.. Missed in these years

Maybe 25-36 games. Mainly due to health or no stream.. 

There exist no status of any specific group /league of better fans...

If you think you are, you are most likely

just an unfortunately born twat, but still a good supporter, just not in any elite..:nono: :P

I believe sports clubs should have a good connection with their local area and community. It should be ok to support a team that's not local but plays a style of football you like. Think Nick Hornby Fever Pitch if you want an example of freely chosen support migration. But going to a local teams match as well, should always be a good option, especially if you can add to the atmosphere in some way and get all excited and that. Not quoted it for a while but an ex's sisters boyfriend (yes, tenuous), visited her and was at loose end, massive leads supporter but went to watch Cambridge who were having a dire season but they won 5-0. I also regret not seeing an ice hockey match when I was in Finland, regardless of the team.

Be good to one another

3 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

What you have described is a connection though so your situation is absolutely not what I was describing. Plus I was referring to the ‘big 6’ etc. 

Im referring to those who have never been to the place or a game in their lives and follow a team essentially because they win a lot.

A connection is a connection whether you have grown up on Filbert Street, elsewhere in the city/county or the other end of the country or overseas and have family connections to the club. 

I'm very slowly (I have 2 ATM) hoovering up library cards for the Libby app to listen to audio books while I drive around the country for work. I was asked what my connection with the county was and work was good enough, so I'm free to support almost any team, ner ner ner ner....