Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

FA Cup Third Round

19 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

I've spoken of it before, but I went to the '85 cup game, and the walk from New Cross station to The Den was a surreal experience

I like the word "surreal" but I can think of a more appropriate word!

Walking from New Cross Gate to the ground before that game in 85, was not  something you would want to repeat too often.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, filbertway said:

I wish they'd do away with drawing teams from the same league up to the third round. For the majority of teams the cups are about facing a different team, it's absolutely soul destroying drawing a team from the same league.

It would of course have to be computerised because the draw would be chaos if they tried to do it manually with balls haha

I'd sack replays for teams in the same league. Nobody in our tie is going to want a replay.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

The fish you fry, is in the Vat you are competing in.. We are a professional club..!!  Respect the sport & game you are in.. 

I'm going to use that in a meeting tomorrow. 

Will report back with the facial expressions I see in response. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

I'm going to use that in a meeting tomorrow. 

Will report back with the facial expressions I see in response. 

I hope I can enjoy the scratchings…:P

My wife asks can we now friy our fish & compete in the same air fryer,or is their a new patent..:celebrate:

• Haha 1

On 04/12/2023 at 07:48, Poznan34 said:

What sort of allocation might we get for this?

Are you talking beds in the the local casualty unit?   Watch out for the Stanley knives.....

10 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I like the word "surreal" but I can think of a more appropriate word!

Walking from New Cross Gate to the ground before that game in 85, was not  something you would want to repeat too often.

Yes the much postponed game, not really a pleasant night.

Freezing cold, and we were shite, and definitely not up for it.

I loved how their fans first thoughts after their win, was to run straight to our fans and chuck things at us. No thoughts of actually celebrating, although I suppose that was their idea of celebrating.  

Of course in the next round they played Luton, which turned into a riot, with them chasing the police onto the pitch, while chucking seats at them!

3 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Yes the much postponed game, not really a pleasant night.

Freezing cold, and we were shite, and definitely not up for it.

I loved how their fans first thoughts after their win, was to run straight to our fans and chuck things at us. No thoughts of actually celebrating, although I suppose that was their idea of celebrating.  

Of course in the next round they played Luton, which turned into a riot, with them chasing the police onto the pitch, while chucking seats at them!

I was there in 1991 and they got 2 late goals to win 2 - 1 after we'd had both Rambo and Walshy sent off 

On that occasion I seem to remember our lot were up for it with some trying to get on the pitch. 

I made a hasty retreat 

• Like 1

Guest nathan.
1 minute ago, MS0204 said:

Hoping for both tiers on this one, surely there are some regulars that may want to sit this one out with a warm cup of tea at home.. 

let’s hope this makes members, I think the away end will be one of the best this season 

Travel is off also.

It will be the best end in years.