Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

FA Cup Third Round

On 04/12/2023 at 12:53, LCFCJohn said:

Playing devils advocate, does point 2 not cause point 1? 

But yeah, I’m not saying don’t turn up, just saying based on what I see is most valuable about the cup, I’m not too fussed if we don’t go far this year. Normally I’m really up for the cup and do want a good run.

As I say in a subsequent post, I’d be more interested to see how we would get on if we played some middle premier league sides to see how we compare. Or lower league sides for the experience. Millwall is meh.

Millwall the salt of the  earth.. 

The old Dockers on which Great Britain was made.. 

Though they did change their name from this honest Working class recognition.... TO the Lions hence the Den. 

Went to the old ground 3-4 times,not every time has a foxes fan. Always treated great, no aggro, one can't hide the East-midlands brogue. Some good ol' Working class banter ( but a couple of bars/pubs no go areas,) especially

1970s-80s..Actually for some strange reason always followed their results, thinking of some old, hard year friends. 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Millwall the salt of the  earth.. 

The old Dockers on which Great Britain was made.. 

Though they did change their name from this honest Working class recognition.... TO the Lions hence the Den. 

Went to the old ground 3-4 times,not every time has a foxes fan. Always treated great, no aggro, one can't hide the East-midlands brogue. Some good ol' Working class banter ( but a couple of bars/pubs no go areas,) especially

1970s-80s..Actually for some strange reason always followed their results, thinking of some old, hard year friends. 

I’m not knocking Millwall, I’m sure all you say is true.

FA cup 3rd round particularly, for me, is about giant killings and playing sides in different divisions, non-league sides getting through and having a huge match against Premier League/Championship sides.

As such, I think, whilst it is going to happen, any draws between sides in the same league as each other at this stage, are underwhelming.

• Like 2

They wont even be half as up for it as they were last time, we went there PL champions whilst they were in league 1 and sold out the den for the first time in about 5 years. Will be nothing like the last FA Cup trip, which is a shame as I made about £8 in picking up the pound coins they threw at us:scarf:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

IMG-20231205-WA0009.jpg

I did laugh at this but I used these for our visit to Millwall in the FA Cup in 2017 and it wasn't great. Thankfully our coach was okay but the one in front got windows smashed.

20 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Pathetic 🤣🤣🤣, on the plus side this has potential for a right good away end, taking out coach 1 bingo hall/ care home day outing 

Fox Travel will still go so your coach 1 lot will still be there.

Unless they don't come and then we end up with more young people gambling on their phones all game!

Edited by Fox92

3 hours ago, SickoDicko said:

They wont even be half as up for it as they were last time, we went there PL champions whilst they were in league 1 and sold out the den for the first time in about 5 years. Will be nothing like the last FA Cup trip, which is a shame as I made about £8 in picking up the pound coins they threw at us:scarf:

I was about midway up in the upper tier and was hit in the head by a pound coin. Quite impressive, really.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

This sort of thing is likelier to goad them into causing trouble than not. Is it really 'that' bad there now?

Have been there on a number of occasions over the years without problems. Probably mainly due to the fact I'm mostly with my Millwall supporting brother in law! Also been in some of the notorious Millwall pubs but of course, sort of referenced in. 

One of the last times I went was when we lost 1-0. Millwall fans invaded the pitch and there were horses the lot. Being in the Leicester end with my son we were kept in for about half an hour at the end. I chatted to one of the coppers on the gate and asked if was like this a lot?  He replied not really, just today really, they're sore winners, it doesn't happen very often and they're confused 🤣🤣.

I then met my brother in law who'd got a pass for us to get into the executive lounge and players lounge. It wasn't very executive but everyone was friendly enough. 

44 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Have been there on a number of occasions over the years without problems. Probably mainly due to the fact I'm mostly with my Millwall supporting brother in law! Also been in some of the notorious Millwall pubs but of course, sort of referenced in. 

One of the last times I went was when we lost 1-0. Millwall fans invaded the pitch and there were horses the lot. Being in the Leicester end with my son we were kept in for about half an hour at the end. I chatted to one of the coppers on the gate and asked if was like this a lot?  He replied not really, just today really, they're sore winners, it doesn't happen very often and they're confused 🤣🤣.

I then met my brother in law who'd got a pass for us to get into the executive lounge and players lounge. It wasn't very executive but everyone was friendly enough. 

Yeah I was at that game as well. It has its moments but I can't really see this being too big an issue particularly given we're in the same league. It's really not that big a draw for them is it? There'll be under 10k home fans.

• Like 1

It’s not a pleasant place to visit. I’ve done this fixture via the train twice and on foot once - when I lived in SE London. The latter was a tad anxiety inducing. I wore a tiny Leicester badge on my woolly hat which was spotted. Some Neanderthal literally put his nose tip on mine and just stared at me. I did nothing and he then walked off. Might have been a local greeting? Like an Eskimo?

Edited by An Away Move
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

It’s not a pleasant place to visit. I’ve done this fixture via the train twice and on foot once - when I lived in SE London. The latter was a tad anxiety inducing. I wore a tiny Leicester badge on my woolly hat which was spotted. Some Neanderthal literally put his nose tip on mine and just stared at me. I did nothing and he then walked off. Might have been a local greeting? Like an Eskimo?

I think that he just wanted a kiss. Some of them don't get much love. :kissing:

• Haha 1