Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

When was the last time we got a thrilling last minute winner?

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Didn't Gordon "Whacker" McGinty bundle Riddlington Athletic's keeper, Joe "Tubbs" Troutbut, over the line in the 93rd minute of the 1907 Samson & Smedley Cup quarterfinal?

Or did I just imagine it?

31 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

No, I was there, it was 1907. But I missed the controversial late goal. Left early to avoid those packed trams back to Riddlington town centre, it saved me an extra 30 minutes journey time.

• Haha 1

I remember Jeffrey Schlupp scoring in the 90th minute away to Spurs in the FA Cup in 2015. 

Not a winner but in 2018, the 97th minute equaliser against Bournemouth at home from a Mahrez free kick certainly felt like one. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Surely the absolute ultimate is Mr Steven Claridge in the 120th minute of the 1996 Play-Off final?

Hollywood producers would tell script writers that shit is too unrealistic. 

Arguably the best day of my life.

It's in the top 3.

That match made me into a Foxes fan.

12 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Didn't Gordon "Whacker" McGinty bundle Riddlington Athletic's keeper, Joe "Tubbs" Troutbut, over the line in the 93rd minute of the 1907 Samson & Smedley Cup quarterfinal?

Or did I just imagine it?

The strangest thing about this goal was that, despite the 'bundle' (as clear a foul as you could ever see), VAR refused to over-rule the ref, Sebastian Crighton-Lawes, stating that it was NOT a clear and obvious error!

1 hour ago, SickoDicko said:

Wes Morgan away at Burnley after Maguire was sent off in the 4th minute 

Was going to say this one, awful weather, my daughter still complains that I nearly threw her and her brother about 4 rows down!

Luckily she wasn't with us Saturday!

There have been lots of last minute winners over the years/decades.      But for pure and utter fanatical pandemonium, I think 2 stand out above the rest.

1992 Richard Smith v Palace (FA Cup 3rd round).  

We hadn't won an FA Cup tie for 7 years, and in those days (pre Premier League) the FA Cup was still taken really seriously.     It's hard to explain just how miserable those 7 years had been ... losing to Millwall (twice), Bristol Rovers, QPR, Oxford Utd, Man City, Barnsley.     It's not like we even lost to good teams; Man City were nothing in 1989.   

1996 Steve Claridge v Palace (Play off final).

No explanation needed!

(ps: Funny coincidence that both were against Palace)

• Like 2

Birchenall was a top centre-forward for Sheffield United, Chelsea and Crystal Palace but he rarely scored for us. Pure joy when he scored the injury time winner at The City Ground to beat Forest 2-1 (Weller scored our other). 8,000 City fans - most right next to the trent end due to faulty gates (kicked in!!)  - went ballistic!

Pure Joy!

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

There have been lots of last minute winners over the years/decades.      But for pure and utter fanatical pandemonium, I think 2 stand out above the rest.

1992 Richard Smith v Palace (FA Cup 3rd round).  

We hadn't won an FA Cup tie for 7 years, and in those days (pre Premier League) the FA Cup was still taken really seriously.     It's hard to explain just how miserable those 7 years had been ... losing to Millwall (twice), Bristol Rovers, QPR, Oxford Utd, Man City, Barnsley.     It's not like we even lost to good teams; Man City were nothing in 1989.   

1996 Steve Claridge v Palace (Play off final).

No explanation needed!

(ps: Funny coincidence that both were against Palace)

Richard Smith had 3 memorable moments for me, the goal against Palace, playing in goal for the 2nd half vs Oxford and celebrating with the fans after our only away win in the 94-95 season at Man City in atrocious conditions. Met him at a HGV drivers course, very approachable and nice bloke.

• Like 1

Jamie Scowcroft away at Reading 2005 in the FA Cup - they were flying that year and went one up early on. Seem to remember they had a man sent off and we bossed it, equalized, De Vries came on to make his debut and bulldozed his way past 5 or 6 players and I thought we'd signed a superstar - but a blinding far post header from Scowy in front of a packed away end in injury time was absolutely glorious. 

Edit - just found it here, 49 mins 40 seconds in - a great day

Edited by Jabbaranks