Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Plymouth (H) Match Thread

Ndidi benefits massively from playing so far above this level for years that he's just so ahead of anyone technically, instinctively and even going forward. But his decision making and finishing will never be what we need in that position. He's been class this season and we miss him when he's not in there but I don't think we'll miss him for the Premier League.

Just now, Noahfence said:

How many times is Faes going to come flying in with a heavy touch and create a counter for them lol 

Just now, Will1981 said:

Faes is a liability

He thinks he’s so much better than this level when he’s just better. 

takes an extra split second to try and draw a foul when it’s just not necessary 

Will save us more points than he loses us this season but he should just be professional about it 

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

That said, Daka is doing better than Vardy or Iheanacho at the press and at the drawing CBs out for the third man run, good performance but needs a goal to get the monkey (and the fans) off his back

Frankly, he’s doing substantively no different

Just now, Gamble92 said:

Ndidi benefits massively from playing so far above this level for years that he's just so ahead of anyone technically, instinctively and even going forward. But his decision making and finishing will never be what we need in that position. He's been class this season and we miss him when he's not in there but I don't think we'll miss him for the Premier League.

Really 

Just now, st albans fox said:

He thinks he’s so much better than this level when he’s just better. 

takes an extra split second to try and draw a foul when it’s just not necessary 

Will save us more points than he loses us this season but he should just be professional about it 

Think that's the whole team generally. Enzo has installed an element of arrogance and complacency in this lot, with zero respect for the opposition, and it needs to be stamped out.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

His decision making isn’t the issue. He shot when he should (wish Fatawu had done same) and tried to reach Farawu’s pass. He just isn’t technically as good at finishing.

Just now, Bezzanator89 said:

Enzo has installed an element of arrogance and complacency in this lot, with zero respect for the opposition, and it needs to be stamped out.

How do you know? This is just a wild assumption. However we have been very poor in this half.

Hard to really judge what’s going on, defending was awful, attacking transition was fantastic but individual decision making has put this game on a knife edge when we should be 3-4 up. 

It feels to me like today we’ve largely ditched Enzoball and we are playing far less passes before we press the button which is what I’ve been calling for all season, the tempo is increased. 

But I’m not sure if this is just a result of Plymouth pressing us more or if we are purposely going out to be a bit more direct in transition. 

Either way the attacking transitions in that half were a breath of fresh air. 

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Can I suggest watching the game? He's consistently doing the drop in, CB pursuing, lay off, spin and go for the ball into space. Rather than dropping into the CB position like Nacho in particular does. Nearly created a goal for them because Vestergaard just blindly passed back to where he'd laid it off, but thats exactly what the striker is in this system is supposed to do 

• Like 2

Just now, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

I must be in a minority for this game.

I've been calling our performances rubbish for most of this season but I actually think we've attacked really well just finishing has let us down 

We've cut them open and carved out a lot of great chances and really we should have scored 4 goals. It's just our finishing that let us down 

Considering how bad we have been at creating shots last few games this is a big improvement.

As for the defence it's same old. They don't cut us open and it's mainly our own fault 

What we need to realise is most of our chance creation happen when we keep the ball at the back and draw them on so it comes hand in hand that eventually players will make mistakes, lose the ball and then we look shaky.

You’re not entirely alone, I think we’ve looked good. Still a work in progress but you can see a week’s worth of training’s affect.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

He is, however, you could argue that it’s because of the way the Plymouth centre half has been instructed to deal with him. 

There’s no doubt he’s taken up positions that have created space for other players to occupy and play in that Kel/JV haven’t managed in recent weeks 

Edited by CaliFOXnia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Think that's the whole team generally. Enzo has installed an element of arrogance and complacency in this lot, with zero respect for the opposition, and it needs to be stamped out.

One person’s “arrogance” is another’s self-confidence. Goofs have been made but generally the winning mentality has paid off.