Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Plymouth (H) Match Thread

I think Daka has surprisingly taken to this role well. Sucked players into him whilst moving away from the box on 2/3 occasions that’s created openings for us. 

Must be frustrating for a striker that it’s such a big pet of this role but he’s been creating space for others 

Primarily because he seems to be a bit more enthusiastic about the runs. He sprints back to get the ball from a defender rather than meandering like nacho often does. Makes a big difference as the cbs are more instinctively chasing someone moving with urgency 

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, sishades said:

How do you know? This is just a wild assumption. However we have been very poor in this half.

How do you know that you do not know? Or is this just a wild assumption?

I agree we have been very poor in this half 😂

Should be 3-0...

Too many attacking players, not getting

their feet in sync, and others not knowing or being confident when in the penalty box.. 

Enzo has to get his front 6 knowing when to pass and when to shoot.. When in penalty box.. Fatawu has to be told he is the boss, stop being nice.. 

Ndidi ffs after all these years get your feet sorted.. 

Defence.. have a word with Enzo, tell him there is a time where FFoot football & longer passes are the better solution.. Too much tippy tappy and not keeping your eye on front 6 runs.. Vestergaard releasing the ball too late.. It's putting defence in trouble.. Ffs sort it out, we are the better team... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Can I suggest watching the game? He's consistently doing the drop in, CB pursuing, lay off, spin and go for the ball into space. Rather than dropping into the CB position like Nacho in particular does. Nearly created a goal for them because Vestergaard just blindly passed back to where he'd laid it off, but thats exactly what the striker is in this system is supposed to do 

The last line of this post is absolutely spot on. 

This is what is expected of a striker in the way we are attempting to play. Wingers and midfielders running beyond the striker creating overload situations is the aim, and Daka creating those spaces is allowing us to do exactly that. Playing on the shoulder and running in behind (arguably Daka’s strongest suit) isn’t what you’re going to see playing this way.

12 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I don't get the hype around Hamza

Yeah I’ve said a few times this season I think he’s surprised me with some of his performances given he’s been playing right back a fair bit, but that surprise at how well he’s often adapted doesn’t paper over the cracks in his game, he’s a championship player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agree, I just cannot see how they would come to such an odd conclusion

You see some odd posts on FT, often proving football is about opinions …. But quite how anyone arrives there is beyond me too! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

He is, however, you could argue that it’s because of the way the Plymouth centre half has been instructed to deal with him. 

There’s no doubt he’s taken up positions that have created space for other players to occupy and play in that Kel/JV haven’t managed in recent weeks 

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Can I suggest watching the game? He's consistently doing the drop in, CB pursuing, lay off, spin and go for the ball into space. Rather than dropping into the CB position like Nacho in particular does. Nearly created a goal for them because Vestergaard just blindly passed back to where he'd laid it off, but thats exactly what the striker is in this system is supposed to do 

I try to circumspect with words. He’s doing nothing SUBSTANTIVELY different. Same role, same idea. Might come off differently against different opposition players (same as with Nacho and Vardy), but frankly much the same.

‘DAKA SCORES!!! :appl:

Edited by NaijaFox

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think Daka has surprisingly taken to this role well. Sucked players into him whilst moving away from the box on 2/3 occasions that’s created openings for us. 

Must be frustrating for a striker that it’s such a big pet of this role but he’s been creating space for others 

Primarily because he seems to be a bit more enthusiastic about the runs. He sprints back to get the ball from a defender rather than meandering like nacho often does. Makes a big difference as the cbs are more instinctively chasing someone moving with urgency 

Happy with him today, he's been a little bit unlucky and slightly wasteful but he's creating more space than Vardy and Iheanacho have managed all season, part of that due to the way plymouth are playing but that does not take away from the fact his positioning and movement have been good,  even if he doesn't score today I'd keep him in the team if he replicates this in the second half. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I feel like some of you can’t be pleased. There’s been calls for us to be more urgent getting forward, today we have been. Very much so. But the same people still aren’t happy. 

Are we 9 nil up? No!