Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Plymouth (H) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've said this multiple times in the Tactics thread... I analyse his tactics but me personally I would have a more aggressive style.

wNLce1t.png

But for this move, Patson has had a defender on him all game. He dipped back in in the previous move, so Mads then spotted there was space in behind. So this is route one, but it's calculated route one. And of course there's room for it in football!

Bloody hell by the time i finished making this screen shot we have scored 2 more goals lol lollollollol

Yep the spell of direct attacking gave us a goal streak. :) Glad you coming around.

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

This is much smarter from us. Watch Man City nowadays, if the other team lets them go route one, they do it and they score. No reason to tiki-taka around if the opposition is inviting you into their area.

Especially given how fragile we are in defence and how wasteful we have been in attack this season. I understand that often it's beneficial to go for quality chances over quantity, but given how many chances we have blown this season it's sometimes better to go for brute force lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

This is much smarter from us. Watch Man City nowadays, if the other team lets them go route one, they do it and they score. No reason to tiki-taka around if the opposition is inviting you into their area.

I think it's because Plymouth are allowing that space though. If we could play more like this, we would. But how often have we seen a gap in beyond like Daka created today? It just doesn't happen in this division. Teams squeeze the space in behind, so we try to draw them forward. Daka doing that is *exactly* what happens when opponents "fall" for the trap.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

I think it's because Plymouth are allowing that space though. If we could play more like this, we would. But how often have we seen a gap in beyond like Daka created today? It just doesn't happen in this division. Teams squeeze the space in behind, so we try to draw them forward. Daka doing that is *exactly* what happens when opponents "fall" for the trap.

It's a balance, you're 100% right that often we have not had the space to attack like today, but it's also very obvious that part of the reason we face low blocks is because of the fact we pass it around so slowly and allow them to do it. There are plenty of teams this season who have posed more of an attacking threat such as Leeds, and they don't run into the same low block problem nearly as much as we do. 
I think if we played more aggressively and quicker we would often create more chances, but because we constantly pass it around for 50-60 passes before attacking we almost invite the low block.
Balance is key I think

• Like 1