Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Plymouth (H) Match Thread

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've never had anything against having direct attacks. I have said multiple times that I feel that is the one thing Enzo needs to do more of. I feel like our play up to the final third has been good all season, but when we get there, we don't always have to be so patient. Losing a 50/50 there isn't anywhere near as bad as in your own third.

I get that he doesn't want the games to turn into basketball matches. But I feel like on a scale of 1-10, our directness is 2/10 at most. Today it feels more like 7/8 and well... the scoreline says it all. And Plymouth have actually been pretty good too.

This is a good point, I see it as a sliding scale, whereas this season it's often been a light switch between aimlessly holding the ball and attacking. 
We need a better balance between controlling the game (with tempo) and unlocking defenses. 
I know a lot of people are going to defend Enzoball by suggesting that the reason we have scored so many is because Plymouth have not sat in a low block and have given us space, but I've said from the beginning, arguably better attacking teams like Leeds don't come up against a low block nearly as much as we do and they are far more offensive in their style, If we get the balance right and increase the tempo, I think we can create exciting attacking football whilst controlling the game. 

This idea that teams only setup as a low block against us because they are scared is just a myth imo, they often do it because we invite them with our often low-tempo passing. This almost feels like Anti-Enzoball today, but I'd be very happy and content if we found a good balance between today and possession football, although I'd obviously prefer this side of the scale most weeks. We just need to find a balance. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Probably the last time we will see Daka in a Leicester shirt.

No offence to Vardy or Kel but Daka is the striker for the future then Cannon.

Vardy should get a a few mins ever now and again and just let Kel go in the window 

Struggle to see how Enzo watches this today and he doesn’t start next week? 

Been night and day from the toil and struggle of the last few weeks, I can’t see Enzo not identifying that, surely?