Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Plymouth Argyle (H) Post-Match

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Good win. I was worried at half time as they looked like they could be dangerous. Their 15 was awful thank god. 

But a decent 4-0. Casadei is a pain and not convinced by him. Cannon made some good runs and his movement on defenders is very Vardy-esque. 

Pleased for Daka 

Genuinely was getting infuriated with him, cannon made two good runs to just be slotted through for a 1v1 debut goal but Casadei ran it into the defenders trying to do it all himself. Far too selfish

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Casadei ran it into the defenders trying to do it all himself.

I've felt a few times in the last couple of games that he was going to be the new Cengiz. Player not getting picked gets in a vicious cycle of trying too hard to impress the manager by going it alone and falling in to the trap of doing exactly what the manager doesn't want.

• Like 4

Plymouth pressed far too high and paid the price. The moment we started taking our chances, we pulled away. 

Pleased with the performance and Daka scoring. Great to see Cannon get 30 minutes. 

Casadei, though. I'm beginning to eat my words on him. I thought he had genuine quality – and still do think that to an extent. The thing is, you have to do something with that quality. And he isn't. 

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you look at the first half and nothing I have said was incorrect!!!

The first goal in the second half was a 70-yard ball that we utilised and scored. We do not often go too up and that 7-minute patch was not the norm for us. The scoreline for me covers our deficiencies upfront, great to score goals, and great to have the win, but people are quick to overlook things due to a win, the problems are still there.

On Wednesday we may only get 2 chances, we need to be clinical, and we can't afford to keep butchering such clear chances.

Maresca said he was not that happy with our play, he sees it!!

My god you’ve got to love a bit of Foxes Talk after a 4-0 win… 

We’ve scored 32 goals in 18 games, but don’t let facts get in the way of your ridiculousness 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you look at the first half and nothing I have said was incorrect!!!

The first goal in the second half was a 70-yard ball that we utilised and scored. We do not often go too up and that 7-minute patch was not the norm for us. The scoreline for me covers our deficiencies upfront, great to score goals, and great to have the win, but people are quick to overlook things due to a win, the problems are still there.

On Wednesday we may only get 2 chances, we need to be clinical, and we can't afford to keep butchering such clear chances.

Maresca said he was not that happy with our play, he sees it!!

Do you actually read what you put?

Our chance creation first half was far superior than previous games yet we didn't take them. 

Second half we scored quick goals being ruthless in front of goal and effectively killed the game. They largely did not trouble us apart from our own doing and in the end it was a straight forward win.

You come across as that everything from the first minute to the last minute should be absolutely perfect and football isn't like that. So what if we scored a goal that was a 70 yard pass or scored 3 goals in a 7 minute period which you simply can't seem to accept as it's 'not the norm'. We did and won the game at a canter.

If we'd have won that 7-0 you would still find a way to be critical saying we should have won by 8 or 9.

We've won the game. Top of league and keep marching on. Is it perfect no but in football it never is so simply just accept we are doing well instead of finds way to simply be critical for absolutely no reason.

• Like 4

Great win that is about time we took some chances . Leeds and Ipswich must be fed up with us keep winning when they are picking up wins regularly as well. Pleased for daka to get a chance and a goal makes it tough for vardy and nacho to just stroll back in the team again 

21 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Result aside, was generally far better today even first half when people were whinging. You have to acknowledge that part of that was cos Plymouth came to be positive and actually play a game of football unlike Watford, Preston etc.

The difference Daka made was huge - sure he made mistakes but he mixed it up far better than the other two who just stand. 

Im really not bothered by giving up opportunities and taking the risk against teams that just aren’t as good - it’s a problem against Leeds, less so against a rotated Plymouth side. Faes was a big issue first half and think there’s times when Vestergaard, Winks have got to take the lead on the pitch and play us through those moments. Problem is we get stuck in 10 minute ruts where the opposition get joy and we lack the composure to get through those moments.

Glad someone else noticed. Was getting dragged out of position, overplaying it, PlayStation defending 

Plymouth have provided a blueprint of how not to play against us. Their ridiculous high line exposed them massively and played into our hands. It's a shame we only got the 4 goals though. First half we were wasteful. 

I think today is the first time in my memory that both wingers had great games, this season. Love Fatawu in particular. He's got a big future ahead of him. 

Could (probably should) have been 3 or 4 up before we gave them a proper sniff. Lost our way a bit for the last 10-15 minutes of the 1st half, looked like we'd set up expecting Plymouth to play a bit differently than they did. Changed it up a bit 2nd half, killed it off within 10 minutes, end of story really. 

Daka, looked a little rusty in terms of tactics, made a run when he shouldn't have, came short when he shouldn't have etc but fair play to the lad, thought he actually looked quite decent and gave us a threat we haven't really had so far this season with pace in behind in the centre.

Fatawu looks different class and another showing of ridiculous our squad depth is.

Not too much to complain about today 

8 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Please, for the love of God,!! can you stop this whole ellipsis exclamation mark thing you have going on??? 9 times out of 10!!! it makes no sense to your post!! it's infuriatingly annoying!! and it makes me, and others I suspect, take your posts less  seriously!!

Please, just stop it !!!!!

FTFY

• Haha 4

Really enjoyed that.

A mix of styles and something for everyone! Nice long ball (or is it sugar coated as a long pass?) though for Daka's goal, a thing of beauty.

Entertaining from both sides. As support goes nowadays their fans were fairly decent too.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Do you actually read what you put?

Our chance creation first half was far superior than previous games yet we didn't take them. 

Second half we scored quick goals being ruthless in front of goal and effectively killed the game. They largely did not trouble us apart from our own doing and in the end it was a straight forward win.

You come across as that everything from the first minute to the last minute should be absolutely perfect and football isn't like that. So what if we scored a goal that was a 70 yard pass or scored 3 goals in a 7 minute period which you simply can't seem to accept as it's 'not the norm'. We did and won the game at a canter.

If we'd have won that 7-0 you would still find a way to be critical saying we should have won by 8 or 9.

We've won the game. Top of league and keep marching on. Is it perfect no but in football it never is so simply just accept we are doing well instead of finds way to simply be critical for absolutely no reason.

...my initial post was regarding the chances that we created and the poor decisions made to execute in those instances!!!

We were more direct at the start of the second half (not the norm) and gained from it putting us 4 ahead before 60 minutes. I do not expect us to be perfect in every game, we can't be, but this team has underlying problems where we struggle to make the right decisions in the last third, and it is a worry.

Nb.

I do read my post.

35 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've felt a few times in the last couple of games that he was going to be the new Cengiz. Player not getting picked gets in a vicious cycle of trying too hard to impress the manager by going it alone and falling in to the trap of doing exactly what the manager doesn't want.

I know I’m in the minority but Under actually had some good moments for us, his assist to Vardy against Arsenal as an example springs to mind.

If Rodgers wasn’t (well Rodgers) I think Under would have been half decent in the PL.

• Like 2