Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Plymouth Argyle (H) Post-Match

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Fascinated by Enzo's man management and mentality now after that. Everything screams giving Daka more chances but how many times before have we seen managers that won't make drastic changes to their plans.

That was the best hours performance from one of our strikers all season. I'll massively lose respect of Maresca is he chins him off if Vardy and Seniorman are back.

Best hours performance from one of our strikers all season? Not sure about that, he was alright but no more than that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Plymouth are toilet and still would have scored 2 or 3 if they could shoot , let's not get excited 

their xG was a little over 1 -

they had one good chance, the rest was all pretty weak, most of their shots were from outside the area.

I think you have to credit our keeper and defence for the quality of their response when we did lose possession, our recovery was as key as plymouth's shooting-

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Best hours performance from one of our strikers all season? Not sure about that, he was alright but no more than that. 

It's not a particularly high bar.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fascinated by Enzo's man management and mentality now after that. Everything screams giving Daka more chances but how many times before have we seen managers that won't make drastic changes to their plans.

That was the best hours performance from one of our strikers all season. I'll massively lose respect of Maresca is he chins him off if Vardy and Seniorman are back.

No it wasn't. Daka struggled at times in the first half to read the system and the holdup/link up side of his play was average, but with the amount of minutes he's had this season, that's hardly surprising. It takes time to adjust to Enzoball. I have to watch the highlights properly but it looked like he missed an absolute sitter in the first half. They didn't show a replay in the big screen so that might be harsh of me.

However, i thought Daka was excellent in the second half and one of the main reasons for us opening them up.  He timed his run perfectly for the goal and was a constant pressing threat. Was always looking for that run, and a good assist as well. Loved all the players reaction after his goal - you get the impression he is a very popular member of the squad.

But, before everyone gets too excited, i still think the club will approach everything to do with Daka as if he is off in the January window. I don't think we will see anything change.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Had a knock but should be okay for Wednesday.

ohh  than, it is getting hard to tracking our out loans. I hope we beat Copenhagen in Tuesday and goes to Round of 16 ın UCL and I can support the Wednesday game with all My heart and nerves guys....

21 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Go on then... name a performance for an hour this season that's been better. This is more on Vardy and Iheanacho's ill fitting contributions than Daka's masterfulness but the point still stands.

• Like 3

I've touched on this in the tactics thread; today was the first time the number 9 position actually was involved on gameplay, was actually involved in build up play through to execution, many times in the same move.

Nacho is generally one or the other, lacking the physical ability to link up play and be involved in the execution. However, I find him less effective in this system when he drops deep. 

Vardy is basically the end or final phases of any move. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Mentioned to my dad today whether we're testing the waters for keeping daka and moving nacho on. He said Palace are after him, so it's possible. Thought he did alright today

16 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Happy with his performance apart from when he was coming back to get the ball from deep his first touch is shocking and he’s not strong enough to keep the ball with his back to goal in a defensive midfield position 

Actually thought his first touch was better than either Vardy or Kelechi 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thought he was brilliant. 

Yes Plymouth were as useful as a dingleberry during a life drawing, but….. you can only play what’s in front of you…

But he was excellent today, movement off the ball was brilliant he pulled the defenders all over the place and was a threat….

A few better places passes and he could have had a couple. Impressed with Cannon too, he looks sharp and has a nice touch. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Please, for the love of God, can you stop this whole ellipsis exclamation mark thing you have going on? 9 times out of 10 it makes no sense to your post, it's infuriatingly annoying, and it makes me, and others I suspect, take your posts less  seriously. 

Please, just stop it 🙏

... what Deb said.  Cut out the triple exclamations and your posts will seem more serious and inviting to read in their entirety.

To be constructive, may I suggest you use this   3-exclamation.JPG.a7d4d555303ff7f81b2a5f66b2b312b6.JPG    for your avatar, and that way you won't be going cold turkey.

13,000+ posts is too long to go without an avatar anyway.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I can’t, fair enough 😂

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

So a goal and an assist in the first game he has started is not better than what we have witnessed so far, admittedly not a high bar to beat.

The question that was asked, was apart from the goal, how did he play. I personally don't think he looked far better than the other two. Vardy and Iheanacho haven't been on great form recently, but had a run of games before Leeds when they were both looking good. A half decent 60 mins against a pretty average Plymouth team, doesn't suddenly make me want to start him ahead of either of the other two when fit. 

Edited by Viva

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sorry, but I just can't be having that unless I was watching a completely different game. 

45 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Vardy spends 90% of every game pointing at the ball and a plate of nachos would be more mobile than Iheanacho recently, it's not a hard bar to clear 

Thought Mavididi was awesome today, easily his best performance for us. Got lucky with the execution of his penalty but his second goal was on another level, Mahrez-esque the way he stopped, shifted the ball, stopped again, then dropped the shoulder before hitting the back of the net. With a bit of confidence and self belief he could go on to be an absolute baller for us.

Talking of confidence what is it with our wingers? Both Mavididi and Fatawu seem hesitant to pull the trigger. I love Fatawu but I was absolutely livid he chose to square the ball first half instead of taking the shot (for the missed sitter) particularly as I can't think of a better position any left footer would want to be in to score. I was similarly annoyed that he squared the ball for the Daka goal as daft as it sounds as I'm certain he'd have scored had he took the shot himself.

Just frustrates me that we have two exceptionally talented wingers who could each easily chalk up double figure goal returns if they believed in their own ability a bit more. 

Thought Plymouth were a bit naive in their tactics tbh. Defending on the half way line against that forward line was never going to end well. They caused us a few problems and we eventually realised longer balls were the solution. Benefitted Daka as there was space in behind there might not be in other games. Overall I thought it made for a pretty entertaining game!