Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Millwall Home

4 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Aus Fox wins the money. Missed the train, so drove up. Nearly gave up at Toddington services as traffic looked horrendous, but couldn't resist it. Parked up on Narborough Road at 7.45. Jogged to the ground to see a message that we were one down. Felt really pleased with myself. Not. Anyway, got to my seat just before 8pm. Enjoyed the game, the goals, and the atmosphere. Four lane closures on the M1 south back home, which is reasonably typical for a midweek evening. Got home around midnight. But when you've got three more points in the car with you, well, the whole world smiles with you.

But did you stay til the end? 🫣🤣

16 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Not really, Many of us are off the Senior community when you had to go to the next street just to use a phone box to make a Phone Call.

It is beyond a lot of Seniors not just on here. 

Why is it beyond you? You're literally using a computer right now. I never understand why people say they are older so can't use technology, unless you have some disability then just learn new things as they come out. I've grown up going from almost no tech (the phone box to make a call) to mobiles, internet, smart devices etc. there is nothing complex about tech, just read up on it and use it.

4 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

of course. Thought less left early last night to be fair. And frankly it's more understandable on a cold midweek game. Saturday was weird though.

I heard they all work together and had to rush off for their Xmas do Saturday 🤣

Seriously though, it was really weird.. I was sitting there thinking I'd used the wrong deodorant or I'd farted .. no idea why they'd all gone, always stay to the end anyway, but even more so when they've battered a team surely

39 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

of course. Thought less left early last night to be fair. And frankly it's more understandable on a cold midweek game. Saturday was weird though.

Rush hour M1 followed by three lanes blocked by cars on Narborough Road, followed by four lanes closures back on the M1. 

It all points towards a frustrating 0-1 including a missed penalty. 

Thankfully it wasn't. Good for you for perservering and I think tthat you must have a super playlist in your car.

Edited by DoveValleyFox

4 hours ago, danny. said:

Why is it beyond you? You're literally using a computer right now. I never understand why people say they are older so can't use technology, unless you have some disability then just learn new things as they come out. I've grown up going from almost no tech (the phone box to make a call) to mobiles, internet, smart devices etc. there is nothing complex about tech, just read up on it and use it.

Here's the funny part. I have 2 Sons both in IT. My youngest is one of the top people rolling out the Broadband all over the Country. He's also a Programmer.

When I say show me how to do something, they say we'll do it for you. So I'm back to sq one.

On 14/12/2023 at 11:35, harpendenfox said:

Aus Fox wins the money. Missed the train, so drove up. Nearly gave up at Toddington services as traffic looked horrendous, but couldn't resist it. Parked up on Narborough Road at 7.45. Jogged to the ground to see a message that we were one down. Felt really pleased with myself. Not. Anyway, got to my seat just before 8pm. Enjoyed the game, the goals, and the atmosphere. Four lane closures on the M1 south back home, which is reasonably typical for a midweek evening. Got home around midnight. But when you've got three more points in the car with you, well, the whole world smiles with you.

I'm pleased for you really. In your honour I will donate £10 to a donkey sanctuary of your choice.

On 14/12/2023 at 16:43, Clever Fox said:

Here's the funny part. I have 2 Sons both in IT. My youngest is one of the top people rolling out the Broadband all over the Country. He's also a Programmer.

When I say show me how to do something, they say we'll do it for you. So I'm back to sq one.

There’s a difference between designing broadband networks and programming to using a service on an App/website that’s designed to be used by Joe Public. Using SkyGo shouldn’t be beyond anyone with the patience to learn. I’m sure YouTube could walk you through it.

I understand some aren’t particularly user friendly but many of the older generation are reluctant to learn and give up at the first obstacle. Your Son not showing you how to do something isn’t the fault of the platform you’re using. 

Anyway. Good 3pts and good results for us for those around us.