Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Millwall (H) Match Thread

Just now, beepee1984 said:

Jekyll & Hyde 
1st quarter - simply awful

2nd quarter - much better

If 2nd half is like 2nd quarter we can turn this round using plan A.v1.0

But a slow start to the 2nd half and we could easily be 2 down 

Can Enzo motivate a fast start to the 2nd half? 

1st 30 minutes we didn't have a shot so I'd say first three quarters awful. Then we have mustered some shots. Think one limp header from Faes has gone on target.

I think teams like Millwall enjoy us playing this style. Lot of defending to do but as long as everyone is well drilled and fit, they stand a very good chance of getting at least a point. 

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

I think we've played really well, despite the scoreline.

Our ability to sustain attacks today has been magnificent! I have been really impressed by that aspect of our attacking play, because it's hard to do.

Ndidi should have scored, we should have had a penalty, Daka should have hit the target. We are making chances. Unlike some of our previous games when we've struggled, this is more of the "might not be our night but we sure as hell are knocking on the door" type of feel to it.

If we keep this up, we should turn this round! Come on Leicester!

Hmmm I'm not so sure that was a good display. It's just a bit slow, Fatawu looks on it and Millwall will tire, but it doesn't look sharp enough in both boxes at the moment.

• Sad 1

Garbage, really. These are not good.

Fatawu is the obvious bright spark and Wilf / Winks are doing their best. Coady, even allowing for the caveat that he'll be ring rusty and is by all accounts a great guy, looks a frivolous purchase from a footballing point of view so far. He very obviously doesn't fit how Maresca wants us to play. Not a clue what Vestergaard was doing with the pass that lead to the goal, baffling considering he normally makes good decisions on it.

Bleurgh, I dunno.

Said it before but we have to invest in quality in January, another winger and a creative 8.

No more useless loans.

Yunus and Casadei can go back, a crock and not good enough.

That conceded goal was so annoying. The floated ball, that invited the pressure and then one guy in our box with 4 defenders gets the header. Yeez our whole defense felt asleep.

Still created plenty, but the clutch lacking again. Daka should do better, Ndidi should do better and the flippin refs shuld be able to see a stone waller.

Just now, Gamble92 said:

1st 30 minutes we didn't have a shot so I'd say first three quarters awful. Then we have mustered some shots. Think one limp header from Faes has gone on target.

I think teams like Millwall enjoy us playing this style. Lot of defending to do but as long as everyone is well drilled and fit, they stand a very good chance of getting at least a point. 

Faes had a header saved in the 21st minute but I get your point that we created very little in the opening half hour. Other than the pen shout we've barely threatened and their keeper hasn't made any meaningful saves 

• Like 1

Something about midweek games in the championship that make them nearly always shit. 

Better finish to the half but Millwall scoring so early is perfect for them. 

Ricardo lost in his completely unnecessary position. KDH shit, touch isn't good enough when he's got so many players around him. For all Ndidis good work it's the sort of game that shows we need a better quality number 8 technically. 

Fatawu great. I think we will turn it around tbf.

Edited by RowlattsFox

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Adds nothing when tightly marked and has next to no technique.

He can’t dribble or pass and can’t stay on his feet which is why he doesn’t get in the team usually. We need to a new striker badly.