Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Birmingham Away

Got a weird feeling about this one, feels very similar to pregame before QPR and Sheff Wed - feel confident and form says we should win comfortably but it's never that simple is it.

I really really hope we smash them though just to see Rooney's face and push him closer to the edge.

10 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Got a weird feeling about this one, feels very similar to pregame before QPR and Sheff Wed - feel confident and form says we should win comfortably but it's never that simple is it.

I really really hope we smash them though just to see Rooney's face and push him closer to the edge.

I felt a bit like that last week but I have a feeling this could be a good score for Leicester especially if Patson has his tail up and a collective fine performance all round !!

15 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Can see us struggling tonight. Rowdy crowd buzzing from a win in their last game and big physical players kicking lumps out of us

I was pleased how the players stood up to the physicality of Millwall, especially as the ref let a lot go.

I did feel we lost a lot of headers in our final third though.

57 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Yeah, I’m the same. But I’m always pessimistic before games. Managing my own expectations. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Are we due another KDH masterclass against a Midlands club? A brace would be nice.

It's on tele so i'd be surprised if he doesn't turn up. I think it's why the majority of the Championship rates him so highly. 

Off the top of my head;

Cov - Two goals to win us the game.

Southampton - Ridiculous through ball for the 2nd goal.

Blackburn - Lovely dink to score the 4th.

WBA - Goal and assist to win it.

Think the only game we've had on tele where he hasn't shown up was Leeds.

• Like 2

Some blue noses I live close to expect a close game as Rooney has settled on a more defensive set up of late. We’re not great against a low block - hoping they give us some room with them being at home but we might get a bit more of a tactical game than we would have at the start of Roooney’s regime.

Started working with a Brum fan during lockdown. Met him a fair few times on Teams and he seemed ok… until I met him in the office. Normal sized head, normal sized shoulders and chest, massive pot belly. Very Pulp Fiction and it really threw me.

For that reason alone I hope we thrash them!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

It's on tele so i'd be surprised if he doesn't turn up. I think it's why the majority of the Championship rates him so highly. 

Off the top of my head;

Cov - Two goals to win us the game.

Southampton - Ridiculous through ball for the 2nd goal.

Blackburn - Lovely dink to score the 4th.

WBA - Goal and assist to win it.

Think the only game we've had on tele where he hasn't shown up was Leeds.

And he very nearly rescued a point, were it not for a ridiculous save from Meslier.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Balj said:

Some blue noses I live close to expect a close game as Rooney has settled on a more defensive set up of late. We’re not great against a low block - hoping they give us some room with them being at home but we might get a bit more of a tactical game than we would have at the start of Roooney’s regime.

They've got a genuinely decent home record as well. Anyone that thinks this is a simple game is in for a shock I think.

They've lost once at home all season. They're shite away but at St Andrews they seem organised.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Balj said:

Yeah moved to Bielik and Sunjic at base of midfield - which allows them to counter better 

• Like 1

On 14/12/2023 at 10:50, adejo92 said:

Completely agree, Praet can more than hold his own in that position.

I've found Coady a bit temperamental when he's played so far. Definitely a considerable step down from Faes & Vesty but again, more than capable of filling the void when needed.

I'd give Mavididi a rest also. Perhaps keep him on the bench though as he would still be a great impact sub should circumstances dictate he's needed.

Looking forward to this one. Birmingham are actually a lot higher in the table than I though.  I really thought they were in the bottom 3.

Coady hasn't been great but I think part of that is due to the fact he has been played with Vestergaard so slightly out of position however I think if Vestergaard is rested Coady would be perfectly capable to fit into that role

• Like 1