Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Birmingham City (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, The Guvnor said:

Keep hoping that patson is going to find form and kick on and earn his place in the starting eleven, unfortunately it ain’t happening so far this evening.

So if he doesn't score in this game 2 goals and an assist in 3 games isn't finding form to you?

Jesus I'm surprised we haven't just ripped up Vardy and Ihanachos contracts up then

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Patson should have scored, but you have to say that we've looked so much more lethal in the last 3 games, and he has been involved in all of those games.

I think it's because when he drops deep, when we play the incisive ball, he's so fast that it means the gaps between the offensive and defensive blocks are much larger, meaning that there's more space for us to exploit. In this division how do you stop a front 3 of Mavididi, Fatawu and Daka? You have to park the bus to prevent their pace being a weapon, but then you are chasing the ball for 90 minutes. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Patson should have scored, but you have to say that we've looked so much more lethal in the last 3 games, and he has been involved in all of those games.

I think it's because when he drops deep, when we play the incisive ball, he's so fast that it means the gaps between the offensive and defensive blocks are much larger, meaning that there's more space for us to exploit. In this division how do you stop a front 3 of Mavididi, Fatawu and Daka? You have to park the bus to prevent their pace being a weapon, but then you are chasing the ball for 90 minutes. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

This is spot on.

Daka is easily the most mobile of our forwards. Saying that, I’ve not seen enough of Cannon yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

St Andrews is a joke. They should just pack it all up and try another sport entirely. Worst fans in the league. They’ve spent £20M renovating it - and it’s mostly empty. Woeful. 

One of the two biggest clubs in the second city and are absolutely miles off Aston Villa in every respect. I can't think of many two club cities where there's such a gap.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep, his runs forward create so much space for us, even when the pass doesn’t end up going his way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

xG should probably be double that as well

Mad to think we were probably fortunate not to be 2 0 down.

Wonder if Rooney goes tight at the back or looks for more of the same.

At this stage its probably worth sticking with, sitting in and not trying to score is definitely worse than going for it and potentially shipping another 2 or 3. Well in my opinion anyway :D

I think we are doing that to some extent... controlling the game, making them come to us, and then just hit them on the break. We should have wrapped it up as a result.

The thing with this super modern football that De Zerbi and now Maresca are playing is that all of your attacks look like counter-attacks... but you are still dominating the game with most of the possession. IF you can get your team to be good at the style it's really, really difficult to stop.

We still haven't reached halfway in this season yet. Give Enzo more transfer windows and back him with the players he wants, and give him the time to coach the style... the next few years should be really enjoyable. This kind of style when you get good at it can beat anyone. You can go away to teams like Liverpool or Man City and cause them serious problems, but still have the answer against deep blocks.

• Like 1