Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Birmingham City (A) Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Well, some of our approach play has been fantastic, but oh my why are we so inept in the final third - we only have goals because they didn't involve a pass in the final third.

And this ref!  dear god, if he's going to give them everything, can he not give us....something!

We have done some brilliant moves.

Its unrealistic to expect a goal on every chance.

But yes the more direct play is wielding far more results right now.  Although we almost got one from some passing play.

Agree on the ref, he is very one sided.

Edited by Chrysalis

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

St Andrews is a joke. They should just pack it all up and try another sport entirely. Worst fans in the league. They’ve spent £20M renovating it - and it’s mostly empty. Woeful. 

And it was £5 a ticket 

• Haha 4

Just now, roblcfc84 said:

Do think Daka is still struggling to have any real impact. I know he’s a scored a couple but I’m still not convinced.

Everyone else playing really well.  

He won the ball back and released Fatawu to feed KDH for the 2nd goal?

Just because he hasn't scored he is pulling the Birmingham defence apart. Which is providing more opertunities for our Wingers 

Daka has let himself down with his final ball tonight but we look so lethal with him up there. His link up play has been good at times and a front 3 of him, Fatawu and Mavididi is frightening on the break. 

I would 100% keep him up as first choice for the time being. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

One of the two biggest clubs in the second city and are absolutely miles off Aston Villa in every respect. I can't think of many two club cities where there's such a gap.

I still haven’t forgiven them for when Jasper Carrot reversed his car into me and ran over my foot in their car park. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

St Andrews is a joke. They should just pack it all up and try another sport entirely. Worst fans in the league. They’ve spent £20M renovating it - and it’s mostly empty. Woeful. 

Agreed. Only sympathy I have is they were doing well, playing good football and then sacked the manager to bring in shrek

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Patson should have scored, but you have to say that we've looked so much more lethal in the last 3 games, and he has been involved in all of those games.

I think it's because when he drops deep, when we play the incisive ball, he's so fast that it means the gaps between the offensive and defensive blocks are much larger, meaning that there's more space for us to exploit. In this division how do you stop a front 3 of Mavididi, Fatawu and Daka? You have to park the bus to prevent their pace being a weapon, but then you are chasing the ball for 90 minutes. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

100% agree, he’s been poor in the box so far tonight but he just offers us so much. The main reason we’ve improved in the last 3 games 

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Mavididi has looked on form today, but don't rate him as highly as the co Comm seems too

Flair winger with 10 goal contributions before Christmas. Not sure why people don't rate him.

If he was always great then he'd be at the top end of the Prem.

• Like 1