Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Birmingham City (A) Match Thread

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

That’s the problem when scoring feels too easy - players try and go for too much.

That's the next gear to go up. In the last few games the fluidity in our attack has clearly gone up a level. I am sure that the underlying data will support that our chance creation has increased a ton. 

Next gear is to turn all those chances into actual goals. Look at the Haaland effect at Man City. When you put a deadly player in form into a team that makes chances like this... you bury teams.

Top gear Leicester under Maresca will be beating teams 4 and 5 every week, with the other team never laying a glove on us. If we see that sort of level it will be in the final few games of the run-in, if we see it at all. It might take a few seasons to really get to that level, and it will be much harder to do in the Premier League. But I am convinced we will get there. Brighton under De Zerbi have smashed teams by 4,5,6 goals. I think we can get to that level with this coach. This system is really great in full flow.

• Like 1

A lot of the recent speed in our attacking play (last 3 games) is being helped significantly by the movement and interplay of Daka. He really helps to drag the opposing lines apart, and his link up has been much better than I remember seeing from him before this season. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

As skillful as some of our boys are they really take the biscuit with some of their brain fart moments. Faes with suicidal through balls into danger or daka missing like crazy and Fatawu too. I guess we can. Chalk it down to room for improvement.
we are absolutely playing brum off the park.

we should be 7 goals up by now.
good performance but could be even better which we need to be if we have aspirations of competing in the premier league  

• Like 1