Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Rotherham Home

50 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

More I think of the fixture schedule the more I'm convinced we may split two sets of players ready and primed 

Team for Rotherham and Cardiff

Team.for Ipswich and Huddersfield 

The crossover between the two - ie someone playing Ipswich AND Cardiff -  being minimal and rested players on the bench for the rotation they are out of. 

That's what I do in FM, but it might make too much sense? :P 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

You know that's not going to happen. Footballers often can't get themselves up for games like this. They will have more than half an eye on Boxing Day and just go through the motions. Sometimes that's not enough when the unfancied opposition are fully motivated against the league leaders in a nice stadium and big crowd. Could be a frustrating afternoon with patience in short supply if we don't get an early goal or two. 

Strongly disagree 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

You know that's not going to happen. Footballers often can't get themselves up for games like this. They will have more than half an eye on Boxing Day and just go through the motions. Sometimes that's not enough when the unfancied opposition are fully motivated against the league leaders in a nice stadium and big crowd. Could be a frustrating afternoon with patience in short supply if we don't get an early goal or two. 

Maresca wont tolerate that happening & the players know it !!

Enzo will rotate a few players to ensure that he freshens things up

Edited by gurru991

14 hours ago, justfoxes said:

I’m going for a resounding 3-0 Foxes win !

Mads

Ricardo    Faes.  Janik.     JJ

Ndidi. Winks

Fatawu.           KDH.                 Mavadidi

Daka 

I know Enzo likes to play with only one striker but would love one day for him to try Daka & Cannon together to see how they’d compliment each other and to what damage the could cause defences !

Casually suggesting the manager abandons his tactics and randomly adopts an entirely new system just 'to see'....

6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Nice job crushing that guy's new found confidence!

13 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Strongly disagree 

Hope that you are right :fc:

12 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Maresca wont tolerate that happening & the players know it !!

Enzo will rotate a few players to ensure that he freshens things up

It's a good test of their mentality. This is where our depth of squad should start paying dividends. 

8 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Nice job crushing that guy's new found confidence!

What guy? 

On 21/12/2023 at 09:30, fuchsntf said:

I don't see what's so difficult... ALL players have had more turnouts.. Any selection is fair game.... A few to pull out of the bag... Vestergaard IMO could take time out this W. E. 

Starsky.                Starsky

Nelson.                 Ricardo

Souttar.                 Souttar

Faes                      Coady

Justin.                   Choudhury

Choudhury.           Winks

Ndidi.                     Mcateer

Albrighton              Kdh    

DAKA.                    Fatawu

Cannon.                 Cannon

Fatawu                   Albrighton

Not knowing 100% who's available

Gone for 2 mixes

I just think Winks has to play he’s the Marshall in our midfield everything we do often starts with a winks interception or pass the Guy is way one of our best players we can’t leave out, agree we have 2 great CB’s on the bench in Coady and Souttar who’s more than capable of doing a job at the back Coady is an amazing leader from the back.

Just really hoping no one comes in or Leicester holds it’s nerves to keep our best players in January we just can’t sell the likes of Winks,KDH, Daka, Ndidi & others this could derail our season if any of them go, definitely need to keep this squad intact what with some of the rumours going about regarding prem clubs & some in Europe eyeing our top talent !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I just think Winks has to play he’s the Marshall in our midfield everything we do often starts with a winks interception or pass the Guy is way one of our best players we can’t leave out, agree we have 2 great CB’s on the bench in Coady and Souttar who’s more than capable of doing a job at the back Coady is an amazing leader from the back.

Just really hoping no one comes in or Leicester holds it’s nerves to keep our best players in January we just can’t sell the likes of Winks,KDH, Daka, Ndidi & others this could derail our season if any of them go, definitely need to keep this squad intact what with some of the rumours going about regarding prem clubs & some in Europe eyeing our top talent !

Choudhury played the Winks role well when Winks was suspended (wasn't it the 2-0 win over Watford) and is definitely an option as part of the rotation.

Think we'll see Coady in the Vesty role (to avoid the risk of Vesty picking up a booking and missing the Ipswich game) and Souttar coming in for Faes, as I expect Rotherham to go very direct and Souttar's height will be very helpful in combating that. Then maybe bring in Hamza for JJ or Ricardo and, as Rotherham will sit very deep, maybe Iheanacho for Daka, who can be saved for the Ipswich game when his pace in behind would be very handy as they'll come at us. Ideal scenario is that we are 2 or 3 up after an hour so we can rest the wingers and the 8s for the last 30.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Ndidi missed 4 games not that long ago, and we lose him to Afcon soon.

Same with Nacho and Fatawu, Daka, got to get as much out of them as possible, before they leave us.

They can have a sleep on plane.

Fatawu is a doubt, hes been named in the provis. squad but im hoping he doesnt make the main one

On 18/12/2023 at 22:00, Nalis said:

Top v bottom of the table and the form league. At the KP.

Rotherham 18/1 with Ladbrokes.

I mean the last time we played them at home was boxing day 2004. They'd not won away all season at that point... 1-0 Rotherham. Fortunately this time we've got Enzo and Mavididi rather than Levein and Lee Morris

• Like 1

Interesting we talk about resting players for upcoming games, yet Casadei, Kel, McAteer, Coady, Souttar, Praet, Cannon have hardly  played in the last three weeks, can see at least 3/4 of them in the side, and the option to change it at half time if required....have we had a recent injury update?

2 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Interesting we talk about resting players for upcoming games, yet Casadei, Kel, McAteer, Coady, Souttar, Praet, Cannon have hardly  played in the last three weeks, can see at least 3/4 of them in the side, and the option to change it at half time if required....have we had a recent injury update?

Pre match press conference should be this afternoon 

7 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

I'm getting a bit worried that we rely too much on Winks and KDH. Hoping we can rest them for the odd game without weakening our midfield too much.

Some rotation I think. I would expect 5 subs also assuming we are leading and can rest key players as game progresses.

Mads

Souttar      Coady     Justin

Choudhury    Winks   Casadei    KDH

Fatawu     Daka     Mavididi 

• Like 1

Hermansen 

Souttar     Coady      Justin 

Choudhury     Winks

Yunus    Casadei        Praet       Mavididi 

Iheanacho / Cannon

then full strength vs Ipswich 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Some rotation I think. I would expect 5 subs also assuming we are leading and can rest key players as game progresses.

Mads

Souttar      Coady     Justin

Choudhury    Winks   Casadei    KDH

Fatawu     Daka     Mavididi 

That should be close. I’m hoping Praet can start ahead of Casadei but he has (a) to have trained well (b) to get a good night’s sleep and (c) to not injure himself on his cereal box in the morning if that’s to happen, so bit of a long shot.

Would prefer to keep one of our wingers fresh for Boxing Day and start Yunus too, if he’s fit enough.

Edited by Steve Earle