Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Rotherham Home

14 hours ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Rest below for this.. all one booking away from suspension so at risk of missing game vs the tractors

Vesty - 9 bookings

kdh - 4 bookings

mavididi - 4

Fatawu - 4

These are 6 bookings away from a suspension. After round 19 it moves up to 10 bookings for a suspension. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Do we think the two goalkeepers is a message to the board in terms of signings or a question of squad morale? Maybe jettisoning Ward to the reserves is a look that EM doesn’t want because Ward is a ‘good bloke to have around the dressing room’ (although I dislike the phrase)?

I’m only speculating, of course, and I’m just as frustrated as others not to see another outfield player given the opportunity. Surely a bench slot in a match day squad is a significant milestone in a young player’s development? 

We're perhaps just reminding the world that Ward is alive and therefore available to buy in January*. 

*This might be wishful thinking!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

:blink:

They've leaked 44 goals (amazingly the same that we have scored). I assume they will go low block and pray for a Hull / Shef Weds scenario, but will be interesting to see if they can make the low block work and hold on. I don't think we will see much 'counter attacking' from us as i don't think they will press hard. It could be a really dull game.

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

They've leaked 44 goals (amazingly the same that we have scored). I assume they will go low block and pray for a Hull / Shef Weds scenario, but will be interesting to see if they can make the low block work and hold on. I don't think we will see much 'counter attacking' from us as i don't think they will press hard. It could be a really dull game.

Similar to the reverse fixture earlier in the season then. May have been discussed elsewhere but why are we playing these for a 2nd time before playing Ipswich for the 1st time? 

23 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Considering Rotherham have taken points off Leeds Ipswich and Southampton, we shouldn’t take this lightly. We are strong favourites obviously but I don’t think they are that bad, just can’t defend 

They’ve drew at home to Leeds and Ipswich. And drew at Southampton away when they were the most unpredictable team in the league. 

10 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Do we think the two goalkeepers is a message to the board in terms of signings or a question of squad morale? Maybe jettisoning Ward to the reserves is a look that EM doesn’t want because Ward is a ‘good bloke to have around the dressing room’ (although I dislike the phrase)?

I’m only speculating, of course, and I’m just as frustrated as others not to see another outfield player given the opportunity. Surely a bench slot in a match day squad is a significant milestone in a young player’s development? 

I presume that just chucking a squad member from the youth team isn't always a viable option on match day. With injuries to Vards, Kasey and Yunus, Wanya out of favour, and Preat waking up ill (:huh:), you would assume that Alves and Brakbrooke would have been the natural choices from the youth team to make the bench if fit. Nelson was in there. I presume you weigh up if it's worth sticking another one in there at short notice or whether or not they are better off training with the Youth squad. I presume that Praet was the relatively last minute omission and it would have been relatively late notice. Without the injuries and last minute illness, there would have been plenty of options on the bench.

I don't think Enzo should be sending a message to the board on signings by putting two goalies on the bench. He was supported to the hilt in close season with Winks, Coady, Hermansen, Doyle, Mavididi, Fatawu, Akgun, Casadei and Cannon, mostly signed in plenty of time for him to mould them in pre-season. At least 5 of those have made massive contributions so far, and we can't rule out Akgun, Coady or Cannon being really important before the seasons ends. Casadei looks like he will be a bit part player unless things change fundamentally.

He can be making a point that we don't have a good left back alternative in the absence of Doyle and so Ward may as well sit on the bench rather than another striker or midfielder option But it's a bit petulant to do that when it's not really the boards fault that he doesn't like Justin at LB, a guy that was selected by england to play, at left back. It's also not their fault that he has loaned out two left backs that he didn't like the look of in Thomas and Kristiansen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I presume that just chucking a squad member from the youth team isn't always a viable option on match day. With injuries to Vards, Kasey and Yunus, Wanya out of favour, and Preat waking up ill (:huh:), you would assume that Alves and Brakbrooke would have been the natural choices from the youth team to make the bench if fit. Nelson was in there. I presume you weigh up if it's worth sticking another one in there at short notice or whether or not they are better off training with the Youth squad. I presume that Praet was the relatively last minute omission and it would have been relatively late notice. Without the injuries and last minute illness, there would have been plenty of options on the bench.

Wanya and Alves both have muscle injuries at the moment

2 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

I don't think Enzo should be sending a message to the board on signings by putting two goalies on the bench. He was supported to the hilt in close season with Winks, Coady, Hermansen, Doyle, Mavididi, Fatawu, Akgun, Casadei and Cannon, mostly signed in plenty of time for him to mould them in pre-season. At least 5 of those have made massive contributions so far, and we can't rule out Akgun, Coady or Cannon being really important before the seasons ends. Casadei looks like he will be a bit part player unless things change fundamentally.

He can be making a point that we don't have a good left back alternative in the absence of Doyle and so Ward may as well sit on the bench rather than another striker or midfielder option But it's a bit petulant to do that when it's not really the boards fault that he doesn't like Justin at LB, a guy that was selected by england to play, at left back. It's also not their fault that he has loaned out two left backs that he didn't like the look of in Thomas and Kristiansen.

That's all based on the presumption that he is doing it to send a message to the board.

One alternative possibility is that he is rewarding players who train well and show professionalism during the week.

FWIW, I really don't like seeing two keepers on the bench, but there is little evidence to suggest it is Enzo sending a message to the board about transfers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I think you’re emphasising the point of how crazy them odds are.

20/1 is massive, that’s the bookies saying they have no chance. I think he was suggesting the bookies are crazy for the reasons you’ve just stated. 

Yep - that's why I was agreeing with him :whistle:

1 hour ago, ThumbsUp said:

Wanya and Alves both have muscle injuries at the moment

Exactly. All i was doing was pointing out that just chucking someone else from the youth team, who might not be in this years 1st team plans, isn't always the best thing at the last minute.