Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Birmingham City (A) 2-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

Made hard work of that as per.

Away end was great. Their home end was dreadful. Made ours sound like prime Legia Warsaw.

"We're Birmingham city, we'll fight 'till the end" 

Is up there on the cringe-ometer with "mauled by the tigers".

Anyway, a good 3 points from what could have easily been a bogey game.

Edited by adejo92

1 hour ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Is Winks the player of the season? I was massively wrong about him.

It's a 3-way choice between Winks, KDH and Vestergaard (!!) I reckon. All 3 make us tick, and have been pretty consistent and reliable all season. KDH probably gets it as he's got more output than the other two, and there'll be an element of confirmation bias as he was already being touted as Championship POTS before a ball was even kicked.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Brum fan on radio arguing we should've been down to 9 men :facepalm:

Tbf that Fatawu one in the second half was bad, in the prem with VAR I think he goes there. I think it is accidental because he’s close to getting the ball but he’s also close to seriously harming him. 

At the same time we were far better than them so he can stop moaning. 

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

"But Stephy needs to improve his behaviour, which was not correct."

Does anyone know what Maresca meant by that? was it the post goal celebration where he sat and goaded the fans a little bit?

Yes. Wasn't happy with the goal celebration. 

4 hours ago, MPH said:

"But Stephy needs to improve his behaviour, which was not correct."

Does anyone know what Maresca meant by that? was it the post goal celebration where he sat and goaded the fans a little bit?

This will be Enzo translating literally into English - in Italian "corretto" can imply "sporting" or "appropriate", so in his view the celebration was "unsporting" / "inappropriate".

• Like 1

I have no problem with Mavididi’s celebration. It was obviously the Kudus celebration. Besides, all he did was just sit there and look cocky—he didn’t say anything or make any other provocative gesture.

KDH teased the fans after his goal but he didn’t get singled out by the manager.

The only thing unsportsmanlike from Mavididi’s performance was diving to try to win a penalty late in the 1st half.

• Like 3