Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Birmingham City (A) 2-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

If I take my blue (or Leicester second strip) coloured spectacles off then I think it probably was (or easily could have been) a red for Fatawu. 

Generally speaking though we were far superior to Birmingham and should have been out of sight if we’d been more clinical. The focus is on the minutiae of these game issues because the score line makes it look like a marginal win, but it really shouldn’t have been.

Another potential banana skin dodged. Onto Rotherham…. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Fatawu’s challenge could easily have been a red, but swings and roundabouts.

Never red, var doesn’t give it either… for two reasons, no intent and also the ref never gives the card or even a foul in the first place. So no clear and obvious error is made. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KP Fox said:

Who needs fans like you - calling our players crap. If you can't see the work that Patson does besides missing chances then you can never have played the game. If you can't appreciate that Justin is a right back helping out the team that hasn't got a fit left back then you are the one that is a CRAP observer. I am sick of people on here calling our very own players crap and shite when we are 3 points clear top of the league and 13 points clear of the playoffs. 

Hahaha who put 10 pence in you 

I felt both daka and jj were crap tonight. I'm a big fan of jj but he was rubbish today.

If you read other comments I've made on daka I've been complimentary on his link up play and stated we look better with his involvement. However, I felt he was crap tonight too

If you don't like a difference of opinion, maybe don't come on a forum and just read a book pal

Just now, Royston. said:

Could be yellow, probably red but fook off you corrupt VAR nobs, you have no power here:P

In fairness with VAR we probably score another at the start of the second half when KDH went through and would have likely squared to Fatawu for a tap-in - it was never offside. Swings and roundabouts I guess! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Lovely bizzare piece on BBC describing Mavididi as ‘contemptuous’ and ‘smug’ while Birmingham’s James was ‘inspirational’.

According to the live text the same reporter wanted Mavididi sent off for the celebration alone. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67678397

Jealousy is a poison.

Cannon did some decent chasing down lost causes just to put a bit of pressure on and skied a chance, but he didn't have much to work with given as most have already said the Mav sub changed our momentum. Bizarre to then chastise the striker who hasn't got anything to go on in the minutes where Brum were going to throw more forward and we'd have to soak up some pressure.

But I suppose if we haven't dropped points, gotta moan at something.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Don’t know why Mavididi isn’t more appreciated TBH

Because he’s a winger.   Thought Mavadidi was exceptional today, and unplayable at times. But agree, he won’t get the praise. 

And the next moment he doesn’t glide past his defender many will be calling him out as sh1te. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Never red, var doesn’t give it either… for two reasons, no intent and also the ref never gives the card or even a foul in the first place. So no clear and obvious error is made. 

This is completely incorrect. Intent has no baring on it being a red, it was wreckless endangerment of an opponent. And the fact the ref hasn't seen anything at all is about as clear and obvious an error as you could possibly ask for. It's pretty much a textbook example.

BUT we don't have VAR so those textbooks can get f*****!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Never red, var doesn’t give it either… for two reasons, no intent and also the ref never gives the card or even a foul in the first place. So no clear and obvious error. 

Isn't the opposite the case? Because the onfield decision is "no foul" there's a bigger gap between the onfield decision and what actually happened - i.e a clear and obvious error, with clear threshold met for overturning the decision. Take your blue tinted specs off it's a clear red. Reckless, endangering the opponent, totally misses the ball, late, studs up right on the knee, the knee buckles showing clear force behind the tackle. It's textbox. 

Obviously impossible to prove a negative, but had it been a PL game, regardless of on-field decision, I'd have been amazed to not see a VAR intervention recommending a red. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

This is completely incorrect. Intent has no baring on it being a red, it was wreckless endangerment of an opponent. And the fact the ref hasn't seen anything at all is about as clear and obvious an error as you could possibly ask for. It's pretty much a textbook example.

BUT we don't have VAR so those textbooks can get f*****!

It isn’t textbook though is it, they both go for the ball, it was unfortunate he clipped him in fact… as you can clearly see he goes for the ball. You can say any challenge is a reckless endangerment lol it is a contact sport 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

41 minutes ago, ILFox said:

Feel like we shifted to a higher gear these past few games. Not scoring 3 goals past 80 mins. Only worrying part is conceding more but that can be fixed. :scarf:

I think it's more that our last three opponents (especially tonight and plymouth) have actually tried to come out and attack us and left loads of space for us to (try) to exploit.  No coincidence that we've conceded 25% of our total goals in the last two games, for the same reason.

Whilst i thought the whole 'we've been sussed' farce of a few games back was garbage - it does feel like maybe teams are now realising that parking the bus is a waste of time and that maybe our defence isn't as good as it seems by virtue of rarely being tested?

• Like 1