Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Birmingham City (A) 2-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

23 minutes ago, nathan. said:

I have been very critical of Mavididi but tonight we was unplayable and my MOTM.

Hopefully he finds some consistency. 

I’m the same, I find him frustrating and think if we go up he will actually really struggle. I think Fatawu will adapt better to the prem even though Mavs technically better. I find Mav infuriating and his decision making always wrong…. Hats off to him tonight he was outstanding in all the technical bits along with the decision making and hopefully more to come and he can prove me wrong. 

16 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Regardless of whether you think it’s a red “for you” or not, I find it hard to believe that the current PL VAR system looks at this and agrees with “no foul” 

IMG_7096.jpeg

Well I can say they would get the coin out and flip on it… wasn’t it Sabitzar against us last season, that got away with one that was far more blatant. The Man U player wasn’t even going for the ball 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

I'm surprised at some of the comments here on reflection I think it was one of our better attacking performances of the season, it was only due to poor end products it wasn't 7 tonight and only been 2 1 at half time always gave Birmingham a chance, but the third sealed the victory, they were always going to press us at home, Rooney looking to impress on sky, but in the end I think we played well today and style of play alot more impressive than a month ago, give Enzo he's due he's a fast learner and making the right decisions lately.

And breath 

• Haha 3

Think we were a bit unfortunate to concede 2 tonight. One good finish by and a deflection certainly flattered Birmingham. Needless to say we need to start completing killing games when we have the opportunity; if we make it 4-1 even a deflected goal back gives them little hope. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Think we were a bit unfortunate to concede 2 tonight. One good finish by and a deflection certainly flattered Birmingham. Needless to say we need to start completing killing games when we have the opportunity; if we make it 4-1 even a deflected goal back gives them little hope. 

I agree with all that. We certainly created the chances to achieve that level of security but fluffed a fair few great chances. Some of the play was very dominant and some of the best we have played all season and we shouldn’t have had that nervy final ten minutes. Overall I was encouraged at the way we handled a potential banana skin of a game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well I can say they would get the coin out and flip on it… wasn’t it Sabitzar against us last season, that got away with one that was far more blatant. The Man U player wasn’t even going for the ball 

That picture in still motion looks much worse than it actually was in real time.

Mav went for the Ball as it was there to be won, But the opponent put his body across the ball to protect it which is why he got caught on the Knee. 

Yes we've all seen them given but I don't believe there was any intent from Mav to hurt him.

• Like 1

Just now, Clever Fox said:

That picture in still motion looks much worse than it actually was in real time.

Mav went for the Ball as it was there to be won, But the opponent put his body across the ball to protect it which is why he got caught on the Knee. 

Yes we've all seen them given but I don't believe there was any intent from Mav to hurt him.

Mav wasn't on the pitch by that stage I don't think...