Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Birmingham City (A) 2-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

5 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Really? I thought they were the worst team we've played this year. Tactically they were all over the place and that defence of theirs looked very bad. Their goalscorer looked good but as a team I thought they weren't good at all

Exactly the goalscorer I mean put him in our team and it would of been 5-0 instead it was 3-2, strikers go for higher fees for a reason.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

Nice to see that you have given young Cannon a chance! 

Sometimes you can just tell, he’s shown next to nothing on any of the occasions he’s come on the pitch…. Perhaps he needs a full 90, but there’s nothing I’ve seen so far that makes me think he’s got something… 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Straight from BBC Sport page, live updates... 

Juppster: Leicester should have been down to nine. Two yellows for Mavididi and a straight red for Fatawu. This is the least Birmingham deserve.

I mean, they’re not wrong. Mavididi could have been booked. VAR would have definitely turned Fatawu’s challenge (onfield decision: no foul) into a Red

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Sometimes you can just tell, he’s shown next to nothing on any of the occasions he’s come on the pitch…. Perhaps he needs a full 90, but there’s nothing I’ve seen so far that makes me think he’s got something… 

He couldn't break into the misfiring Everton team with Calvert Lewin only playing about 10 games a season. So I didn't have high expectations 

Just now, Beachyboy said:

He couldn't break into the misfiring Everton team with Calvert Lewin only playing about 10 games a season. So I didn't have high expectations 

They preferred Simms to him, and Simms can’t even play football. 

Im surprised we’ve signed him, you at least like to see a bit of pace, a decent first touch, or some creative runs or something, tonight, he would have been more useful as a traffic cone…….

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We would have been much better off keeping George Hirst!!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve been looking closely and haven’t seen anything yet either. He doesn’t look like the answer to our wastefulness but hope I’m at least partially wrong.

Great result but our defending really is dodgy at times, it’s surprising given how great our defensive record is on paper that we haven’t conceded more given how many awful mistakes we make at the back every week. 

I know we need to improve across the whole pitch but should we go up this defence needs serious attention. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

There were plenty saying that about another of our strikers when he first started for us. So I won't make any hasty judgements.  He hasn't had very long.

• Like 3

Mavididi was brilliant. KDH head and shoulders above this league currently. I just worry we aren't clinical enough and lack a little bit of killer instinct. Very wasteful in attack, despite the 3 goals. 

Defensively I still worry about JJ. This system doesn't suit him. He was so weak for their second goal. 

A wins a win but we made that hard work.

• Like 1