Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Birmingham City (A) 2-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

They preferred Simms to him, and Simms can’t even play football. 

Im surprised we’ve signed him, you at least like to see a bit of pace, a decent first touch, or some creative runs or something, tonight, he would have been more useful as a traffic cone…….

Simms had been out on loan the first half of last season and done well at Sunderland whilst Cannon had only been in their youth team the first half of the season

It makes sense as to why they chose to go with Simms over him as an option in the 2nd half of the season

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, trabuch said:

There were plenty saying that about another of our strikers when he first started for us. So I won't make any hasty judgements.  He hasn't had very long.

If you’re referring to who I think you are, he was showing plenty of signs that he had something, it just needed work….. Cannon just appears to not look all that arsed but doesn’t at first glance appear to have any outstanding qualities either. 

• Like 1

To all those who may be moaning,

If we are asking the team to be a bit more dynamic and fluid in attack, that will come as a compromise in defensive set up.

We are a Championship team, not Man City, we cannot be everything, everywhere, all at the same time. 

Have to pick your poison.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Since both of those (first choice strikers) haven't played we have been more attacking more direct, yes it doesn't always pay off and we miss a few chances but we are better without them but since neither of them have played we have scored 10 goals in 3 games.

So what don't you think so?

My response was  the  reference to a god! 

Edited by sishades

Just now, Pliskin said:

If you’re referring to who I think you are, he was showing plenty of signs that he had something, it just needed work….. Cannon just appears to not look all that arsed but doesn’t at first glance appear to have any outstanding qualities either. 

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Like I say, he hasn't had long, but I agree on current evidence... in no way am I expecting him to turn into a goat.  Just think it is a bit early to judge too harshly. I haven't seen any of him elsewhere.

Just now, ACF said:

To all those who may be moaning,

If we are asking the team to be a bit more dynamic and fluid in attack, that will come as a compromise in defensive set up.

We are a Championship team, not Man City, we cannot be everything, everywhere, all at the same time. 

Have to pick your poison.

Tonight, is more like what we want, better finishing and we are out of sight… they got into it through a hammy goal because we fell asleep… but after that I don’t remember them create a chance 

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

KDH was absolutely sublime today, that was a Rolls Royce performance and no coincidence we lost control of the game once he moved over to the left wing. His passing, decision making and quality has improved 10 fold, just shows the value of great coaching & management 

Yea was an odd decision.. . Made one sub that somehow meant 3 on field changes.

Obviously saw the opportunity to try riccy in the 8 but didn't work effectively 

• Like 1