Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Birmingham City (A) 2-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

9 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

He's brilliant. I like Prutton as a presenter too. Keith Andrews talks sense too. Much more enjoyable than the Prem coverage. 

I don’t think it’s any coincidence that they’re good because it’s a job they need rather than one that is handed to them when they fancy it.

I’m not saying they didn’t do well out of football, but to maintain that they’ve much more of a need to be employed in retirement than the prem pundits. 

• Like 1

Another win ticked off and that’s ultimately all that matters.

I’d like to see a few players back. Our bench looked weak tonight and it showed when we subbed Mavididi off. I’m guessing that McAteer or Akgun would have been on if available. 

We’ll need to rotate over the next two games and that will make gaining points a bit more of a lottery. I’d like to see a few back to full fitness as we’ll need them anyway when AFCON starts 

I think if we’ve still got a decent lead after AFCON then we will be a massive step closer to the Premier League 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

Sky tossing themselves into a frenzy about “definite red” for Fatawu. 

They really have to dig deep to find something

Obviously there’s no VAR, but it wasn’t the best challenge. At least a yellow, in my opinion. 
On the other hand, Millwall got away with a couple last week too. 

• Like 1

Just now, STEVIE B said:

Obviously there’s no VAR, but it wasn’t the best challenge. At least a yellow, in my opinion. 
On the other hand, Millwall got away with a couple last week too. 

It was a booking, clips him, but thankfully not full on and he only has eyes for the ball, you can clearly see that 

• Like 1

Sky with a post match Brum bias there. They brought up a potential dive for Mavididi (but barely touched on the very harsh yellow he got for celebrating by sitting saying nothing sat on the advertising hoarding.) Then focused on the potential red when the lad stepped across to block Fatawu,  but failed to mention when KDH was about 4 yards onside and clear through and the linesman flagged him offside ffs.

38 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

We gotta stop pissing about around our own box when we get a comfortable lead. Piss about up their end and try and score another goal. It’s frustrating how casual we get when we could put the game well and truly to bed.

Good solid win and Fantastic resilience at the end but I we should make it a lot lot easier on ourselves.

To be fair we had a lot of possession around their box - but for some shoddy final balls and finishing, as most people have said, we could have had a sack load of goals.  There's always going to be a time of pissing about in our box against a team pressing and desperate for the ball

41 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Created enough chances to win 3 games. That Casadei chance, ffs :doh:

Keeper actually did really well and i think it was all too quick for him to try anything different.