Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

2 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

This just re-enforces what other posters have been saying:

1) You have to know a Season Ticket holder and the ST holder be willing to add you to their account (therefore if the said "guest" of ST holder causes any trouble, the ST holder could have repercussions) 

2) You have to have a mobile phone that is suitable to access the tickets

If your situation means you cannot achieve both 1) & 2), and you are not a member, you can't get tickets

Both Union FS and ourselves have been separately talking to fans in this situation, have now compared notes and intend to talk to other LCFC fans groups after Christmas about our next steps

It's good to know you're working with UFS on this. Hopefully if all fan groups come together we can get some push on the club and have general sale back for fans. 

• Like 3

In case fans aren't Season Ticket Holders or Members  but want to go to the Huddersfield game 

Supporters with a Minimum of One Home or One Away Priority Point  could buy tickets from 23 December (5pm Online)

So fans with no purchasing history cannot get access, unless via a ST holder

On 20/12/2023 at 08:30, Union FS said:

Enzo Maresca has repeatedly called for fans to step up and be part of the drive to promotion – but right now, many don’t have a choice.

There is currently no General Sale being offered for the Rotherham home game in just three days, or the Cardiff away game.

UFS has raised this issue with the club and we call on LCFC to make tickets available to fans who want to support their team but can’t currently commit to a season ticket or membership.

With the stadium expansion coming, LCFC must do all it can to keep football available and affordable for all present and future fans.

UFS

I had to buy a membership last time i was in England so i could watch 1 feckin match. Bollox!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxes_Trust said:

In case fans aren't Season Ticket Holders or Members  but want to go to the Huddersfield game 

Supporters with a Minimum of One Home or One Away Priority Point  could buy tickets from 23 December (5pm Online)

So why didn't they do this for the Rotherham game?Just got one for Huddersfield,but the Cynic in me says because this game is Cat A.This wasn't advertised at all as far as i know either.....To be honest i'm going because i want to say Bye to the friends i've met down there in the last 20 odd years before we move away.Then it's non league for me!

Edited by PAULCFC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxes_Trust said:

So have the club been made aware of this?Because it seems strange that they would say"could buy tickets from 23 December"Without telling anyone,like we are all looking for ticket's that are usually not available on the day before xmas Eve?

Booking history does seem fair. 1 point is 1 point, so you have to have either been at least a member or had a friend who was and got you in in the past. Points I think last 10 years so the vast majority will have a history of some sort. It still means people who can't travel/live in commutable distance are still out the loop, but it's a step in the right direction. 

4 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Booking history does seem fair. 1 point is 1 point, so you have to have either been at least a member or had a friend who was and got you in in the past. Points I think last 10 years so the vast majority will have a history of some sort. It still means people who can't travel/live in commutable distance are still out the loop, but it's a step in the right direction. 

Genuine question, does anyone know if someone goes to the game as a "guest" of a member/ST holder does that "guest" get their own priority point therefore allowing them to buy their own ticket like a grown up next time? Otherwise there is genuinely no way to get your first priority point without buying a membership. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Genuine question, does anyone know if someone goes to the game as a "guest" of a member/ST holder does that "guest" get their own priority point therefore allowing them to buy their own ticket like a grown up next time? Otherwise there is genuinely no way to get your first priority point without buying a membership. 

If that person has to be at least registered to get a supporter number and your name added to the ticket, I believe the answer is you do get a point.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yes buying for a guest as a member or STH does get the guest a priority point

The only way someone wouldn’t be able to get a ticket for Huddersfield is if they don’t have a single priority point (I.e. haven’t been to a game in the last 10? years in their own name), AND they don’t know a single STH or member

Edited by Harboro
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Harboro said:

Yes buying for a guest as a member or STH does get the guest a priority point

The only way someone wouldn’t be able to get a ticket for Huddersfield is if they don’t have a single priority point (I.e. haven’t been to a game in the last 10? years in their own name), AND they don’t know a single STH or member

I think this changed recently as previously the "guest" got no points. I bought for someone the other week because they couldn't buy a ticket on their own account so they will now have their first point. 

10 hours ago, Harboro said:

they don’t have a single priority point (I.e. haven’t been to a game in the last 10? years in their own name), AND they don’t know a single STH or member

It's like the Freemasons down there.

How does that help a tourist? Family member visiting from out of town who fancies it as a one off? A family in, say, Kettering or Peterborough that doesn't have Leicester connections? 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

They do if you allocate the ticket to an account in their name, if you don’t allocate the ticket to them the STH or Member buying the ticket gets the point 

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think this changed recently as previously the "guest" got no points. I bought for someone the other week because they couldn't buy a ticket on their own account so they will now have their first point. 

May have I’m not sure, but I know they have been tinkering as if you were a STH last season who didn’t renew but instead bought a membership they granted you 34 home priority points

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

It's like the Freemasons down there.

How does that help a tourist? Family member visiting from out of town who fancies it as a one off? A family in, say, Kettering or Peterborough that doesn't have Leicester connections? 

I think we can all agree the system isn’t perfect at the moment, but not really sure How does that help a tourist? is in the spirit of this thread, fans not being able to back the team

Family member visiting from out of town who fancies it as a one off? Again not sure it’s in the spirit of this thread but assuming the family is in Leicester I’d think they would struggle to not know a single member or STH. How many people in Leicester don’t know a single Leicester fan?

A family in, say, Kettering or Peterborough that doesn't have Leicester connections? I’m not sure it’s as bad as the poster in Qatar, who said he would have had to spend £160 on memberships, made out. A family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) could buy tickets for Huddersfield by buying 1 junior membership for £16, and then having the 2 adults and other child as guests of the member. Yes, it’s a slightly added cost but only £4 extra per ticket! There’s also a team only a division below us in Peterborough.

I can see where people who say the membership charge helps deter away fans buying in the home end are coming from. I signed up for a QPR membership as I couldn’t get tickets in the away end, it was free but not sure I would have done that if I had to pay £30 on top of the ticket. They were e-tickets and no ID checks so it would have been quite easy for a troublemaker to use a fake name, fake address, and new email address.

If the club really don’t want to open every game to general sale the I think the below would be a good compromise:

- give all games a priority point holders window and state this when releasing ticketing details

- give and state the STH / member guest window for all games and continue granting guests their own priority points

- give STH home priority points so if they don’t renew they still have a booking history and can attend in the future without buying a membership

- ensuring home games in the cup / friendlies / games where the away end won’t sell out have a general sale window so people can get their first priority point if they don’t know a STH / member (I think both home cup games last season did, as did Northampton away pre-season)

- have a part of the membership cost available as ticket credit (e.g. £32 adult membership cost currently so give £16 ticket credit to members)

- my first game was a £5 ticket offer I got through school (a while ago now!), not sure if the club still do this sort of outreach but if not should restart it to get the next generation of fans who don’t have supporters in the family

Edited by Harboro

6 hours ago, Harboro said:

May have I’m not sure, but I know they have been tinkering as if you were a STH last season who didn’t renew but instead bought a membership they granted you 34 home priority points

Yeah, not seen this mentioned here before as it was a bit buried on the OS. They did this once before during Covid when ST renewals dropped, essentially allowing those who decided to give up their STHs to "skip the queue" and immediately get it back the following season as long as they bought membership and went to 3 games. 

Made sense during Covid as some people couldn't renew for good reason (vulnerabilities). But not sure about doing it this season as some of those non-renewing STHs simply didn't want to watch Championship football, and they can easily get their ST back next season if we go up. Helps with retention and maintaining the long ST waiting list ahead of the stadium expansion I guess.. 

• Like 1

On 27/12/2023 at 09:39, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Opened it to booking history but haven't told anyone lol 

Show me a football club that make it harder to go to their stadium. 

From what I see on twitter/X, the number of clubs that make it easy seems to be hugely reducing. Most fan bases appear to complain about very similar issues. 

Club deserves all the shit they get from how stupid their ticketing schemes are, but they're not the only club who seem to be doing it 

On 27/12/2023 at 09:39, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Opened it to booking history but haven't told anyone lol 

Show me a football club that make it harder to go to their stadium. 

Arsenal, £34 for a membership, you then have to enter & win a ballot for tickets, their membership level is ran on time spent being a member,  entry level red membership, (I have family who have been members for 13 years and still class as red members, you don’t get promoted to silver unless people drop out of silver) so far this season on average 10% of Red members per game who entered the ballot was successful and able to buy a ticket

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's caused by a massive demand and a limited supply though? 

Used to be the case for us but not now, and certainly not for Saturday. We have empty seats and the club puts the barriers in the way of filling them. 

That maybe true but it answered the question you asked