Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

Credit where it’s due, well done to the Trust. Well done to UFS as always. 

But am I fvck going to go out and buy a ticket to a match when this situation should never have happened and shouldn’t be an exception for a couple of fvcking matches. I’m not a fvcking “customer”. Fvck the KPFC cvnts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, davieG said:

...and why does it matter how many extra tickets they sell?  Surely just one extra fan makes it worthwhile.

Does it add to their workload and even if it does that's what they are there and paid for.

The whole situation has no logic to it if it does tell us why this is even a restriction.

This exact point was made. I get they want to understand sale volumes (which I am sure will be fairly high in comparison to not) but at the end of the day, even if only 1 or 2 tickets were sold on general sale, it's a win.

Hopefully that point got through to the club.

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

This exact point was made. I get they want to understand sale volumes (which I am sure will be fairly high in comparison to not) but at the end of the day, even if only 1 or 2 tickets were sold on general sale, it's a win.

Hopefully that point got through to the club.

Baggers belief that you have to explain to these guys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

and why does it matter how many extra tickets they sell? 

exactly what i was thinking. what difference does it make to LCFC?  the seat is empty  otherwise and with the entire ticketing system automated and online general sale cause no extra work for LCFC staff. with the trial maybe they want to weight up the revenue they will receive from general ticket sales v the revenue they will lose from reduced membership benefits. Potentially the club face revenue loss as there is a fixed number of general sales tickets available against an almost infinite number of memberships available i.e. people who don't go on a regular basis will no longer purchase a membership because they can get a ticket on general sales. However this argument ignores the fact that while revenue should be an important part of running a club it should not be the deciding factor that determines whether or not fans attend a game. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

And Ipswich.   

They gave us 2000 tickets (out of nearly 30000), and we gave them the full 3300!   Not even a reduced 2600, which would've still been a higher % than they gave us.

This is just rank incompetence.

Are you sure we didn't reject the full allocation on the basis that it was an 8pm kick off on boxing day.

28 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Seems to be loads of availability still for Ipswich, surely a top of the table clash should be selling better and more to the point include general sale?

It has dropped to priority points as of today, so another step in the right direction.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Were away games discussed? Appreciate it’s rare they don’t sell out but it can happen on occasion 

We included it in the email conversations before the meeting but I think one step at a time with them right now. They are even more protective of away games but might be something to mention next time round and go into more details.

I believe the Cardiff game did drop to booking history which is the next best thing. Blackburn is the only game this season where we could have had a bigger allocation and sold to general sale if wanted. The only other big allocation coming our way is Preston but that being the last away game, I can see us sell nearly 5,000 tickets before general sale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robo61 said:

Are you sure we didn't reject the full allocation on the basis that it was an 8pm kick off on boxing day.

I wouldn't have thought so.  We've pretty much sold out every away match for the last 10 years.   and for a top of the table clash, absolutely no probs.

As @KrefelderFox666 said above, 2000 is their standard away allocation. 

All the more reason not to give them 3300!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HybridFox said:

It's a great start. Still feels like the club are pushing select fixtures.

Every game that goes unsold should have the remaining go to general sale. One day we'll eventually get there

The club didn't specifically say that wouldn't be the case, however equally didn't state it would be either

However welcome that Sheff Weds has now been added (TBC - subject to availability)

Edited by Foxes_Trust
  • Like 1

The fact a fan group had to tell the club that they should put tickets on general sale when there's empty seats just about sums up this club for years. 

Some great decisions over the summer went a long way to reassuring me there are some good people in the club. But I ****ing worry about some of them that are still in there. 

• Like 3

Should have general sale and be able to roll up  to the club shop/ticket office to buy tickets.

I know peeps who were thinking of going to their first ever Leicester game and some who had not been for sometime, for the FA cup fixture coming up who decided not to bother when I told them how you get tickets these days.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Should have general sale and be able to roll up  to the club shop/ticket office to buy tickets.

I know peeps who were thinking of going to their first ever Leicester game and some who had not been for sometime, for the FA cup fixture coming up who decided not to bother when I told them how you get tickets these days.

This, I’m a season ticket holder but haven’t got a ticket for the cup match next week as my daughter has a game in birmingham. There’s a chance I’ll be back just in time for the kick off however won’t be going as I won’t get a ticket just in case things drag on at her match and as I understand it I can’t rock up at the stadium and buy a ticket for us all on match day.

Well done the Trust and UFS on forcing change though, maybe the next step could be a physical ticket office for walk ups. They can still get the details they want and set up an account if they really need at the point of purchase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You'd think with the financial situation at the club they'd be cheering every extra ticket sold, sure it'll be peanuts but these are likely to be future season ticket holders to fill the seats of all us old uns when we are watching from a heavenly  Filbert Street.

I can't understand why we are giving them 3300 tickets, Surely it should be the same asthey gave us 2000 unless there's something in the rules that says it has to be 10% of Capacity.

That should be 1300 hundred of our own fans satisfied with tickets who potentially could be the next group of Season Ticket Holders. Crazy and ahort sighted from the Club. 

I’ve said this before but i’m fairly certain the the membership scheme is the brain child of someone quite high up at the club and they are reluctant to admit defeat on what they would consider to be a great success. 

Its definitely political because any person in their right mind would look to maximise sales as much as possible. 

• Like 2