Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

5 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

When you think of all the offers they used to try to get everyone to go down as well. It's very telling of a club that knows they'll be the demand for 95% of games, and therefore don't give a shit. 

You occasionally read posts on here where people report being told lines from the ticket staff like ‘we don’t need more fans’. Part of me always thought yeah right as if that was said but maybe you know it quite could have been looking at what the club is now.

The club should be aiming to sell every seat for every game and push as hard as possible. Somebody made a great point that Barry Hearn wouldn't just shrug his shoulders and leave it if there were swathes of empty seats at the snooker or darts.

8 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

You occasionally read posts on here where people report being told lines from the ticket staff like ‘we don’t need more fans’. Part of me always thought yeah right as if that was said but maybe you know it quite could have been looking at what the club is now.

Obviously we want to be at the top level and successful so this isn’t a comment to suggest otherwise. But it’d be interesting to just know what they would do if we have another spell such as 2004-08 (roughly), what their reaction would be.

23 hours ago, copunk said:

It's made impossible to take your kids with you 

Says you can only buy one ticket at a time

Then says that kids must be accompanied by an adult so you obv can't buy a single child ticket to go with the other adult one I would buy for myself 

The only way around it would be to get 2 adult tickets, one for myself and one for my 11 year old daughter, which is absolutely ridiculous

How on earth have the club got this so wrong, it's genuinely staggering and moronic 

We have messaged copunk with a process to follow (which was provided to the Foxes Trust & Union FS at the General Sale meeting) and await copunks feedback 

Anyone else experiencing this issue, please ring for tickets (don't try online), we would welcome private messages to confirm if this is then handled smoothly by the club

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the latest batch of job adverts: “Under the stewardship of King Power and the Club’s CEO Susan Whelan, Leicester City Football Club is deeply committed to the local community and its supporters and continually strives to ensure that every point of engagement with fans is truly world class including the experience on matchdays.”

Absolute bullshit. 

I wonder if even KPFC believes this shit?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

We have messaged copunk with a process to follow (which was provided to the Foxes Trust & Union FS at the General Sale meeting) and await copunks feedback 

Anyone else experiencing this issue, please ring for tickets (don't try online), we would welcome private messages to confirm if this is then handled smoothly by the club

I rang through and managed to buy tickets over the phone with relative ease, all in all took around 3 minutes which surprised me 

Chap on the phone was a nice enough bloke, just had to create an account for my daughter 

Still astounds me as to why it's impossible to buy more then 1 ticket online, as so many others have said surely this is a fixture that they would really sound out as getting as many fans in the ground as possible 

Thanks to foxes trust for the message and advice, much appreciated 👍🏻

• Like 1

I find the whole booking tickets process bizarre. I'm a non member with some booking history. My two friends one Benfica fan and one Liverpool wanted to attend. I was limited to only purchasing one ticket so they had to create accounts. This can only be for the club to have their data I guess but nevertheless was a pain. 

For younger foxes fans it's even more of a farce as they have to have accounts as well. 

I really do miss the days of just ringing the ticket office and getting tickets. No NFC nosesnse and no messing.

I do hope this FA Cup fixture is well attended but will understand why if not. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

There is now at least a pop up advert on the site that Birmingham is on general sale.

Noticed "coolasleicester" has started promoting the general sale as well. Assume they've been paid to promote as such

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Noticed "coolasleicester" has started promoting the general sale as well. Assume they've been paid to promote as such

Does it matter what the reason is as long as the message gets out? 

BBC

Drip pricing: Hidden fees for online customers set to be banned

By Vishala Sri-Pathma
Business reporter
Unavoidable hidden charges for online customers, or "drip pricing", is set to be banned under new law proposals.

Fake reviews will also be banned and firms will have to be clearer with price labels on supermarket shelves.

It follows a government consultation on consumer transparency that found some businesses are not as clear as they could be about prices.

The new rules will form part of the Digital Markets, Competition and Consumers Bill.

Drip pricing occurs when shoppers are shown an initial price for an item or service on a website, only to find additional fees are revealed later in the checkout process.

A report from the Department for Business and Trade suggested the practice was widespread and used by more than half of entertainment providers and businesses in the hospitality industry.

Drip pricing is particularly prevalent in the transport and communication sectors, it found, with unavoidable fees costing consumers as much as £2.2bn a year.

It will be proposed under the new rules that mandatory fees must be included in headline prices online.

For cinema or train tickets, for example, any mandatory booking fees must be clear from the start of the shopping process.

Fees for optional add-ons like airline seat reservations or luggage upgrades for flights will not be included in the measures.

The new rules are expected to come into force this spring.

Minister for enterprise, markets and small business Kevin Hollinrake said: "From supermarket shelves to digital baskets, modern day shopping provides customers with more choice than ever before.

"But with that comes increased risk of confusion, scams and traps that can easily cost the public more than they had planned."

He said that the Bill will help customers compare purchases and ensure they "aren't duped by fake reviews."

The government department said reviews were found to be used by 90% of consumers when weighing up purchases and contributed to the £224bn spent in online retail markets in 2022.

The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has contributed to the new guidance to tackle fake reviews, which would make website hosts accountable for reviews on their pages as well.

A spokeswoman for the CMA said that it was "positive" to see government "pushing ahead with changes to tackle behaviour that misleads shoppers or leaves them out of pocket."

Meanwhile, the Price Marking Order (PMO), which requires traders to display the final selling price, and where appropriate the final unit price like the price per kilogram, will also be reformed.

The Department for Business said proposed changes would ensure unit pricing was consistently applied, including to promotions and special offers, to help shoppers compare like-for-like and work out which buys represent the best value.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Abit embarrassing today having kicked up such a stink. Thousands of empty seats in the home end despite general sale. People get the opportunity for a Saturday 3pm and simply can't be arsed.

Thanks for your input, Susan.

• Haha 1