Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

6 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Abit embarrassing today having kicked up such a stink. Thousands of empty seats in the home end despite general sale. People get the opportunity for a Saturday 3pm and simply can't be arsed.

Or people cannot afford it ? 

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

You're wrong.

The club did almost no promotion of the fact that the tickets were on general sale, and people like me aren't going to support a pathetic trial sale period when there should be a) no membership scheme and b) all tickets should be on general sale at reasonable prices.

So you campaign for general sale, but then don't take advantage and show it works, just to prove a point. Logical.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Much cheaper today than a normal league game? People clearly weren't interested in general sale

Doesn't matter. The option was there which it should be and it should be there for any game. Absolutely no reason why general sale shouldn't be on every game. 

I didn't go I couldn't justify it and Im guessing others couldn't either. 

• Like 2

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

So you campaign for general sale, but then don't take advantage and show it works, just to prove a point. Logical.

I don't "campaign" for anything.

I don't need to take advantage of general sale to prove it works because...get this...that's how football ticket sales always used to happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There were more there than if there wasn't general sale available. So yeah you're wrong.

Also, louder in there today than our sellout league games :dunno:

Not sure how you can make that bold statement. Pretty much everyone around me were STH. For what it's worth, I think the tickets should go to general sale, why would you not allow it? Seems ridiculous. My point is, it wasn't a great advert for it today when we had thousands of empty seats.

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

Not sure how you can make that bold statement. Pretty much everyone around me were STH. For what it's worth, I think the tickets should go to general sale, why would you not allow it? Seems ridiculous. My point is, it wasn't a great advert for it today when we had thousands of empty seats.

Are you suggesting the attendance would have been greater without General Sale?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Abit embarrassing today having kicked up such a stink. Thousands of empty seats in the home end despite general sale. People get the opportunity for a Saturday 3pm and simply can't be arsed.

Unquestionably had a positive impact on the atmosphere though.

• Like 3

Weren't a good example of general sale where we was sitting.

Only people trying to chant were other ST holders and members we regularly see. The general sale people next to us tore the fabric off the honesty flag to take home, left early and were playing on their phones. 

That being said though, it is just one group and when I first started following the club in the early 90s, me and my dad relied on general sale so everyone needs an opportunity, was just disappointing to see, at least where I sat, it not being taken advantage of effectively 

On 24/01/2024 at 00:17, Foxes_Trust said:

We have messaged copunk with a process to follow (which was provided to the Foxes Trust & Union FS at the General Sale meeting) and await copunks feedback 

Anyone else experiencing this issue, please ring for tickets (don't try online), we would welcome private messages to confirm if this is then handled smoothly by the club

I tried to buy online midweek for multiple tickets, eventually gave up,  now I've read this but I should not be having to view posts on here for problems with the club selling tickets, utter shambles.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Would say it was more damning for our ST and membership base tbh. Combined 42k fans there that didn't sell out the 27k home end seats available so general sale was available.

And how is it a "bold statement" to say there were more there than if general sale wasn't available? Are you claiming we sold ZERO tickets on general sale?

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

What a stupid take..

Firstly, City largely refused to advertise the general sale. Second, if you've been blocking and telling  potential fans to fck off for years, people are conditioned not to look 

I cannot endorse this comment enough.

• Like 4

Thought it was great in there today. You can't have 1 game on general sale and expect it to.be a sell out spectacular, its about growing a new fanbase.

And why would any fan moan about a campaign to make going to the game more accessible? Bit like those that don't want the stadium expansion because whilst they've got their ST, they don't want the possibility of a few empty seats 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Firstly, City largely refused to advertise the general sale.

Now you are just being silly, they advertised it on social media and Everytime you went to the LCFC.com website they had a full page pop up which you had to close to continue to the website advertising the game being on general sale