Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Rotherham (H) Match Thread

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wout Faes is my MOTM. I swear at times he's playing like peak Maddison lol

I enjoyed watching him sprint back from his left wingback position to his central defense position when Rotherham were supposedly 'on the break'.

He beat them all to the Leicester box.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phube said:

Poor Canon… 

Less than 2 weeks till AFCON, he'll get his games. Daka hasn't done 90 minutes yet and fully deserves his opportunity to get a hattrick.

Maresca may well even move Daka up the pecking order when Vardy is back. It's a fact that the team is playing better with him in the team, and it's not a coincidence. He's doing what has been asked of him and doing it well. He's now shown he can be the difference maker against both low block teams and high press ones.

• Like 3

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

He got alot of stick and it would be disingenuous to say he hasn't been disappointing, but that was lovely to see and well pleased for the lad. 

More disappointed by the fact of having seen him for Italy, I thought he’d be exceptional for us. 

That said, I don’t subscribe to the idea that he’s been as bad as some on here will tell you he has. 

Let’s hope he kicks on now! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not a victory for me, it's a victory for stats, facts and evidence. I wasn't the only one to point out he was performing pretty well on paper when actually given the opportunity. @The Doctor is another one that likes numbers and it's not a coincidence he's also a fan of Daka.

I said a few days ago, I think Maresca would be happy with Daka even without the goals. His movement is excellent, he's got the pace and the fitness to do the all round job that Enzo wants from his striker. He's got the athleticism to both drop in to link up but then spin and get forward. 

The second goal comes just because he's pressing. 

Watch the third goal again. Take nothing away from Ricky, Casadei or the move in general but watch Daka. He attacks the front post and takes both of the centre backs with him. That's why there's an ocean of space for Casadei to find. That will please Enzo just as much as him having the energy to get in the right place for a tap in for the first. 

Vards used to do all of this stuff as well, probably even better, but he just doesn't have the legs to do it consistently anymore. But Iheanacho just doesn't. I don't like the term lazy but he definitely is a bit lethargic and I don't think we'd have scored any of those goals with him playing today. 

I dont think Kel is up with play for the first, he definitely couldn't have pressed to win the penalty and I think he'd have been idling around the penalty spot waiting for a cut back instead of attacking the near post. 

Stuff like this is subtle but it's an example of how just simple movement around a football pitch and really using the space makes such a big, big difference. Iheanacho influences the game when he's on the ball and is pretty decent at it. But we've scored so many goals with Daka starting in the last few games because, like Vardy, Daka knows how to influence the game without it. 

This is absolutely superb @Finnegan